Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that disappointed you as a kid.

Comments

• Options
    The electric hand fans.
  • Options
    Getting to about 12 years old and finally finding out that I could've been choosing my own choice of penny sweets to go in the 10p mix up bags from Georges (Oppo. and down the road a bit from The Oak), instead of purchasing the pre-made up bags.
  • Options
    The video in the Thames Barrier visitors center
  • Options
    alcohol
  • Options
    I bought a wooden boomerang and it had instructions and a special blue dot on it that you had to put your thumb on, and a complicated way of holding the bloody thing as you threw it, but it still never came back. It ended up disappearing over someone’s fence overlooking the park, and that was the end of that.
  • Options
    Dirty Sally at number 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    being shunned by Colin Cowdrey when i asked him for his autograph once
  • Options

Stretch Armstrong.
    Those fuckers who made him pretty much dared every kid to stretch him as far as possible.
    Result: millions of overstretched and broken Stretch Armstrongs all over the world on Boxing Day.
    Devastated.

I read this as ‘Seth Armstrong’ and wondered what you were doing pulling emmerdales finest to pieces on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    The distance I could kick the ball from a goal kick
  • Options

Dirty Sally at number 8

She lived at number 9 :wink:
  • Options
    George killing Lennie
  • Options
    Gary Glitter's water bed.
  • Options
    Soda streams. Great idea but they tasted horrible.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Dirty Sally at number 8

She lived at number 9 :wink:
    That explain it a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Soda streams. Great idea but they tasted horrible.

Still all the rage here mate
  • Options
    I put milk in a soda stream once. Tasted a bit odd. Also, it exploded and covered the house with milk.

I'm mainly disappointed with my throwing technique. I throw like the stereotype of a girl.
  • Options

Indoor fireworks

NO. I'm not having that. The one that looks like poo was (and still is) worth buying the whole assortment for.
  • Options
    My mum taking me to lunch at the revolving restaurant in the Post Office tower and discovering when we got there that you had to book (and probably that it was well out of our price range anyway). Did you really think you could just walk in there with a little kid, mum?
  • Options
    A stupid one, but why couldn't we have been like the cool kids families and have Unigate milk? Ours was delivered by the Coop. Not sure why, but it seemed important at the time.
  • Options
    When I realised Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh cards and the like really had no true value and I was an unknowing corporate shill
  • Options
    When strangers had no sweets.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

I bought a wooden boomerang and it had instructions and a special blue dot on it that you had to put your thumb on, and a complicated way of holding the bloody thing as you threw it, but it still never came back. It ended up disappearing over someone’s fence overlooking the park, and that was the end of that.

Did you whistle Charlie Drake's tune on the way home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ac8jZakNXk&t=30s
  • Options
    Always being told to come home for my tea before the other kids.
    On one occasion everybody got home late except me and they all got grounded; so I may as well have stayed out anyway.