Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

recent sexual harassment allegations

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    And garrison Keillor. Serves him right for being called garrison
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Matt Lauer is one of those that isn't surprising. He's long had a reputation for being an awful asshole.

It's really good that we're not in a place that this is being addressed.

So uh, hey Democrats, any time you'd like to hold your own accountable....................

So hey Republicans, any time you want to hold your own accountable, and those who work for your news outlet..........

Including the fucking President........
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    McBobbin said:

And garrison Keillor. Serves him right for being called garrison

• Options
    Yesterday one of my female members of staff, after me helping her out and getting her out of a bit of a tough spot she'd found herself in, grabbed and cuddled me to say thankyou.

I fired her on the spot for unwanted advances.

A simple thankyou is all that was required. There was no need for her to force her uncontrollable emotions on me.

It seems that this issue is just as prevalent over here as it is elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    SDAddick said:

Matt Lauer is one of those that isn't surprising. He's long had a reputation for being an awful asshole.

So uh, hey Democrats, any time you'd like to hold your own accountable....................

So hey Republicans, any time you want to hold your own accountable, and those who work for your news outlet..........

Trump won’t be busted on any sexual allegations because he has been telling people that the Access Hollywood pussy grabber tape is not his voice. Even after admitting it in a piss weak apology that included him saying what the Clintons had done was much worse. The bloke has seriously lost his marbles.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Trump won’t be busted on any sexual allegations because he has been telling people that the Access Hollywood pussy grabber tape is not his voice. Even after admitting it in an piss weak apology that included him saying what the Clintons had done was much worse. The bloke has seriously lost his marbles.
    I disagree. I dont think there were marbles there to be lost in the first place
  • Options
    Really wish I'd seen that post before its edit
  • Options
    Earlier this year Matt Lauer purchase a huge tract of land next to a scenic lake in New Zealand's South Island - in fact the biggest lakeside property in NZ. One of the conditions of the purchase - it required Government approval - was that he be of good character. So the Overseas Investment Office is having another look at the purchase.

He's already offside with the locals shutting off walking and cycling tracks.

Hope he goes.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Yesterday one of my female members of staff, after me helping her out and getting her out of a bit of a tough spot she'd found herself in, grabbed and cuddled me to say thankyou.

A simple thankyou is all that was required. There was no need for her to force her uncontrollable emotions on me.

You're pathetic.
    Do you not support the eradication of this sort of behaviour?

I'm honestly shocked as you, to me, are one of the leading proponents and people I respect when it comes to this subject.

By the way, she had 'previous'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

You're pathetic.

I'm honestly shocked as you, to me, are one of the leading proponents and people I respect when it comes to this subject.

I'm curious - is she BBW?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

You're pathetic.

Just saw this thread come up again after the Hayek comments, and unfortunately I can't resist dignifying your baiting and trolling with a response. But I'll bite. (Sorry everyone who resisted.)

Your equation of this ludicrous fantasy-land situation with the very real and very concerning allegations from myriad individuals across Hollywood; Parliament; British TV; and god knows where, does nothing to help the situation.

In fact, you are actively diminishing any allegation of sexual assault - no matter how "big" or "small" - because you have chosen to focus on what you perceive to be the less serious things (touching knees or whatever the fuck), I presume as you refuse to deny the reality of a culture where women and sometimes men are pressured into things they don't want to do because c*nts like Weinstein hold their careers to ransom.

It's also worth pointing out (as I believe I, or others, have already done in this thread) that women often feel uncomfortable rejecting any sort of male advance - no matter how big or small you deem it to be - because they haven't got the physical power to resist, if it got to that point. Men, on the other hand, are very likely to be able to overpower women.

This of course is problematic for various reasons, but I don't think that as a man (I'm assuming you're a man, really sorry if you're not), you have a right to decide what sort of contact - to women - is serious or not.

-----------------

My word that is cathartic. How people continually downplay sexual assault is beyond me. Look at #MeToo and all that.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

SDAddick said:

You're pathetic.

Just saw this thread come up again after the Hayek comments, and unfortunately I can't resist dignifying your baiting and trolling with a response. But I'll bite. (Sorry everyone who resisted.)

Your equation of this ludicrous fantasy-land situation with the very real and very concerning allegations from myriad individuals across Hollywood; Parliament; British TV; and god knows where, does nothing to help the situation.

In fact, you are actively diminishing any allegation of sexual assault - no matter how "big" or "small" - because you have chosen to focus on what you perceive to be the less serious things (touching knees or whatever the fuck), I presume as you refuse to deny the reality of a culture where women and sometimes men are pressured into things they don't want to do because c*nts like Weinstein hold their careers to ransom.

It's also worth pointing out (as I believe I, or others, have already done in this thread) that women often feel uncomfortable rejecting any sort of male advance - no matter how big or small you deem it to be - because they haven't got the physical power to resist, if it got to that point. Men, on the other hand, are very likely to be able to overpower women.

This of course is problematic for various reasons, but I don't think that as a man (I'm assuming you're a man, really sorry if you're not), you have a right to decide what sort of contact - to women - is serious or not.

-----------------

My word that is cathartic. How people continually downplay sexual assault is beyond me. Look at #MeToo and all that.
    Actually, no, no I'm not. I would appreciate it if you didn't belittle a very real experience because you don't want to believe it.

It happened, no matter how you try to twist and spin it. I get that you want to be portrayed as the most caring man on the planet and that you'll jump at the chance to show it at any juncture, but you need to be very careful about false accusations you throw about as it undermines your argument.

Also, show me where I "refuse to deny the reality of a culture where women and sometimes men are pressured into things they don't want to do because c*nts like Weinstein hold their careers to ransom."

I don't think, as a man, completely removed from the situation I mentioned, you have the right to decide the severity of what happened. Neither are you aware of the historical incidents and, as such, are not best placed to throw your moral blanket on a situation you clearly know nothing about.

FWIW, I think you've completely misinterpreted my post due to the way in which is was worded. Maybe it came across as blasé. If that is the case then that sits with me. However, as I've alluded to, it very much happened.

It wasn't posted up to get a reaction or to stir the pot.

No great shakes either way.
  • Options
    After reading Salma Hayaks story, it really highlights just how much of a complete c*nt Weinstein was.

Probably one of the most frustrating things for her and other victims of his behaviour was probably the fact that he was also charming and was very popular amongst other people. So they either turned a blind eye, or couldn't see what he really was, so women like Salma probably felt isolated and had no backing.

I like to think there are genuine decent people out there that are in powerful positions, but behave completely responsibly and are respectful to others, even if they knew they could get away with some of things Weinstein did. They don't do it because they are simply not predators.

Id hate to think that power creates the predator. It doesn't make the human race sound very noble.

I hope it's just a case of the wrong man in the wrong position.

So many allegations these days. It really does highlight how powerful people can end up being the absolute worst. Hopefully they were born pieces of shit but just grew and got lucky with their careers.

It's also mostly just us men that behave terribly in these circumstances. It's quite shameful.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

After reading Salma Hayaks story, it really highlights just how much of a complete c*nt Weinstein was.

Probably one of the most frustrating things for her and other victims of his behaviour was probably the fact that he was also charming and was very popular amongst other people. So they either turned a blind eye, or couldn't see what he really was, so women like Salma probably felt isolated and had no backing.

I like to think there are genuine decent people out there that are in powerful positions, but behave completely responsibly and are respectful to others, even if they knew they could get away with some of things Weinstein did. They don't do it because they are simply not predators.

Id hate to think that power creates the predator. It doesn't make the human race sound very noble.

I hope it's just a case of the wrong man in the wrong position.

So many allegations these days. It really does highlight how powerful people can end up being the absolute worst. Hopefully they were born pieces of shit but just grew and got lucky with their careers.

It's also mostly just us men that behave terribly in these circumstances. It's quite shameful.

Not everyone thinks so...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5192439/Sir-Ian-Women-partly-blame-showbiz-sex-scandal.html