Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonight’s Attendance

Comments

• Options
    essentislly this was an under 23 match , unless I’m wrong aren’t those matches usually free to season ticket holders.?
  • Options

ross1 said:

ATTENDANCE | Tonight's attendance is 741 including 67 from Fulham. #cafc

Lowest recorded first-team crowd in #cafc history
    Yet another unwanted record for the Regime.
    This didn't happen overnight, four years of hardwork and dedication by Charlton ownership along with inept football league and a competition nobody wants accept the money men.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

essentislly this was an under 23 match , unless I’m wrong aren’t those matches usually free to season ticket holders.?

Just out of interest what were they charging last night?

• Options
    edited November 2017

buckshee said:

Just out of interest what were they charging last night?

Leuth paid £10 not sure about OAPs / concessions probably £5?
  • Options
    Should've been a fiver for adults and kids free but then again i'm not sure that would've even made much difference given we have 4 games in 11 days and there was champions league on tv.

But it's not just us. Blackpool's crowd last night was 691 (with 28 Middlesbrough)
  • Options
    I nearly went, it was on my way home. Then I thought, no. I'm not paying a tenner to watch a Fulham reserve game.

The football league really have screwed this competition by letting those teams put their U21s in. Premier league and championship should sort out their own problems getting their stockpiled youngsters a game - not by barging in on the long-suffering lower leagues and ruining their chance of a trip to Wembley.
  • Options
    Ideally two under 23 teams will reach the final to make a mockery of the whole thing.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown or anybody, do you know how many we took to Wembley for the 1987 Full Members cup final? I think the official attendance was 40,000. I can remember that Blackburn had considerably more than us.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@Airman Brown or anybody, do you know how many we took to Wembley for the 1987 Full Members cup final? I think the official attendance was 40,000. I can remember that Blackburn had considerably more than us.

You might have to start a thread titled ''how many times have we been outnumbered by the opposition at Wembley', soon mate :wink:
  • Options

15k maximum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From recollection, you had to travel to Selhurst Park to buy tickets. They wouldn't sell them from the Valley Club for "security reasons", although they did for the play-off final away games later the same season. I don't think that helped.
  • Options
    the absence of crowd noise at least enabled KR, LB etc to be heard by the players, brought Charlton a goal too cos Joe Aribo wouldn't have got into scoring position if he hadn't heard LB yelling him where to go
    Roly's gonna be furious: this game must have cost a pretty penny to stage, and now there's gonna be another fixture to fulfil in the knockout round. Praps it was worth it all along, everything that costs that clown money suits me fine and even at his remove he must be getting the message that EFL is a dog and pony show from which he stands to gain absolutely nothing but arseache and he'll be better off getting out at the first opportunity.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I nearly went, it was on my way home. Then I thought, no. I'm not paying a tenner to watch a Fulham reserve game.

The football league really have screwed this competition by letting those teams put their U21s in. Premier league and championship should sort out their own problems getting their stockpiled youngsters a game - not by barging in on the long-suffering lower leagues and ruining their chance of a trip to Wembley.

Under 23s please. Otherwise you will have Ollywozere telling you off. :-)
  • Options

Missed It said:

Checkatrade is officially u21. Which is confusing as development squads at our level are u23
  • Options
    It must count as great experience for the youngsters who played. Also good for Reeves and Marshall to get games. KR must be pleased so worthwhile for us. Should make it as cheap as possible to encourage people to go and watch the youngsters.
    Talk of Wembley should be out as KR will and should continue to play youngsters whereas some clubs will start to take it more serious.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Missed It said:

Checkatrade is officially u21. Which is confusing as development squads at our level are u23
    Development squads at every level are U23!
  • Options
    Louis v Olly........fight, fight, fight :wink:
  • Options

I was one :smile:
  • Options
    741 and I was there (as Max Boyce used to say).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    ross1 said:

Was my first trip to Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me almost.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

ross1 said:

Ralph Milne had a mare and I remember joining in with a group of Addicks leaving the stadium singing;

'We thought we were good,
    But we were sh*t, oh so sh*t'
    :disappointed:
  • Options

Me almost.
    I wasn't going to mention it.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Missed It said:

Development squads at every level are U23!
    Which makes the Checkatrade thing even weirder being u21
  • Options
    Well, however old they are they should bugger off and leave us poor third and fourth division peasants to fight for a trophy among ourselves.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Ralph Milne had a mare and I remember joining in with a group of Addicks leaving the stadium singing;

Never understood why Man U bought him from us, but so pleased they did
  • Options

Me almost.
    Halves don’t count.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

Never understood why Man U bought him from us, but so pleased they did
    The brought him from Bristol City (who we sold him to).
  • Options

I don't remember too much about the crowd other than it certainly wasn't as big as some of the other finals and me, my brother and a few mates were there.

The "big" story in the build up to the match was whether Mark Stuart would be fit as I think he'd been suffering from measles (or it may have been some other illness ... it was a long time ago!).
  • Options
    If you need any further proof of the nonsense of this competition, have a look at the official tables on the EFL site - https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/tables/ (We're Southern Group A)

The EFL think we have won one game and drawn one!

Brilliant.