Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup

24

Comments

  • There’s an urban legend that Heinz tomato is the base of Chicken Tikka Masala, apparently in India it didn’t exist. Some drunk Englishman stumbled into an Indian in the 70s and said he wanted a curry that was not too hot and tasted like that Chicken Tikka stuff. The chef had a tin of Heinz and the rest is culinary history.
  • I'm not quite at the liquidised stage yet. I go big and chunky. Heinz Lamb and Veg or the minted hot pot derivation my favourite. Left field choice Sainsbury's own beef and dumpling - proper comfort food.
  • edited November 2017

    I'm not quite at the liquidised stage yet. I go big and chunky. Heinz Lamb and Veg or the minted hot pot derivation my favourite. Left field choice Sainsbury's own beef and dumpling - proper comfort food.

    Agree with both Lamb & Veg big soup and beef & dumpling, however the one that is top of the list for me is Heinz Chicken with Thai spices.

    Heinz Tomato soup reminds me of when I used to take my daughter swimming when she was younger and afterwards we would get some freshly baked crusty rolls to go with the soup.
  • Loved it when I was a kid but now find it too sweet.
  • seth plum said:

    Do tomatoes taste of tomatoes any more?

    My plums do
    Crabsticks
  • sam3110 said:

    Cream of chicken is in a league above this turgid orange shite, as is pea and ham and mulligatawny.

    Me old mans favorite
  • edited November 2017
    Mt homemade onion soup is in a league of its own, I don't mind saying. Its even championed by one of my French hunt buddies and his family and, in his words, roughly translated - "The English kill their meat twice, once in the slaughter house and once in the kitchen."
  • edited November 2017

    Mt homemade onion soup is in a league of its own, I don't mind saying. Its even championed by one of my French hunt buddies."

    A good day’s hunting.
    8B30DF56-36B0-4DB8-8284-D9786BBF31B5.jpeg
    224 x 474 - 53K
  • Mt homemade onion soup is in a league of its own, I don't mind saying. Its even championed by one of my French hunt buddies and his family and, in his words, roughly translated - "The English kill their meat twice, once in the slaughter house and once in the kitchen."

    Hardly a compliment if that's what they say about your onion soup.
  • Used to drink/eat this all the time, but now it just gives me such bad acid reflux I cant have it anymore.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Do like Heinz tomato soup with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
    Also like Mulligatawny if battling man flu.
  • edited November 2017

    There’s an urban legend that Heinz tomato is the base of Chicken Tikka Masala, apparently in India it didn’t exist. Some drunk Englishman stumbled into an Indian in the 70s and said he wanted a curry that was not too hot and tasted like that Chicken Tikka stuff. The chef had a tin of Heinz and the rest is culinary history.

    I prefer chicken Tarka.......it’s like chicken tikka only ‘otter’.
  • Mt homemade onion soup is in a league of its own, I don't mind saying. Its even championed by one of my French hunt buddies and his family and, in his words, roughly translated - "The English kill their meat twice, once in the slaughter house and once in the kitchen."

    Now I know why you wanted out of the EU... :lol:
  • A long term staple in our family. Have had it for as long as I can remember but I'm one of those that think tomatos are the food of the devil but I love cream of tomato soup and tomato ketchup.

    Will be having some tonight in the office before heading to Wembley.
  • Heinz cream of tomato soup includes cows pus and antibiotics.
    Somatic cells are the white blood cells that are the defence against bacteria that invade the udder and can cause mastitis. Cow's milk can legally contain up to 400 million pus cells/litre. So one teaspoonful of milk can legally have two million pus cells.
    Enjoy!
  • Q
    Stevelamb said:

    Heinz cream of tomato soup includes cows pus and antibiotics.
    Somatic cells are the white blood cells that are the defence against bacteria that invade the udder and can cause mastitis. Cow's milk can legally contain up to 400 million pus cells/litre. So one teaspoonful of milk can legally have two million pus cells.
    Enjoy!

    So it really is good for you. Excellent!
  • Its not funny is it, but go on enjoy your Heinz cream of tomato soup and as you sip the pus and antibiotics also think about the poor cow who is made artificially pregnant for three years (you don't produce milk if your not pregnant) after having her calf taken away whilst she cry's and calls for it incessantly for days and then when her three years is up she is murdered and then put into Heinz oxtail soup.
  • edited November 2017
    I bet you're even more anti when it comes to Shepherds Pie Steve which is understandable given your full name :wink:
  • Sponsored links:


  • Somatic cells are any cells that aren't sex cells. Not just white blood cells. I'm sure there's also a legal limit for pesticides and animal turds you are allowed on your salad. Make sure you rinse it!
  • Stevelamb said:

    Its not funny is it, but go on enjoy your Heinz cream of tomato soup and as you sip the pus and antibiotics also think about the poor cow who is made artificially pregnant for three years (you don't produce milk if your not pregnant) after having her calf taken away whilst she cry's and calls for it incessantly for days and then when her three years is up she is murdered and then put into Heinz oxtail soup.

    I was going to have a can for lunch and now you have put me off it.

    Now going to have a slice of veal in a lightly seasoned breadcrumb with a crispy green salad.
  • McBobbin said:

    Somatic cells are any cells that aren't sex cells. Not just white blood cells. I'm sure there's also a legal limit for pesticides and animal turds you are allowed on your salad. Make sure you rinse it!

    So what exactly do you think the cow eats that goes into her milk and then into your Heinz cream of tomato soup?
  • Well.......that escalated!

    Heinz vegetable for me, but that seems to be getting sweeter.
    Some of the posh soups that come out for Christmas are quite good, I like a nice pumpkin soup
  • @Stevelamb - you must be very thin.
  • Redrobo said:

    Stevelamb said:

    Its not funny is it, but go on enjoy your Heinz cream of tomato soup and as you sip the pus and antibiotics also think about the poor cow who is made artificially pregnant for three years (you don't produce milk if your not pregnant) after having her calf taken away whilst she cry's and calls for it incessantly for days and then when her three years is up she is murdered and then put into Heinz oxtail soup.

    I was going to have a can for lunch and now you have put me off it.

    Now going to have a slice of veal in a lightly seasoned breadcrumb with a crispy green salad. </blockq

    That veal was her calf.
  • There’s an urban legend that Heinz tomato is the base of Chicken Tikka Masala, apparently in India it didn’t exist. Some drunk Englishman stumbled into an Indian in the 70s and said he wanted a curry that was not too hot and tasted like that Chicken Tikka stuff. The chef had a tin of Heinz and the rest is culinary history.

    that cant be true. any proper drunk Englishman abroad always goes for the hottest food in the area with extra spice so he can stamp down his authority as an alpha male to the local population and to show off his masculinity to any half decent doris knocking about.
  • No doubt some expert will tell us cow pus is the new superfood on the block.
  • I’ve not had Heinz Tom soup for ages but use to love it.
    Interesting comment about the taste of tomatoes. I was in a supermarket in USA and there was a section where you had the choice of tomato flavoured tomatoes. :smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!