Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks in Dubai

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in Riyadh, but because of the visa I have, I have to exit Saudi every 30 days for at least 24 hours, for the purpose of a 'visa refresh' run.

If it doesn't coincide with going home to the UK, I tend to go to the UAE (Abu Dhabi or Dubai; just had 2 nights in Abu Dhabi). When in Dubai, I tend to stay in one of the hotels at Festival City and often head across to the Irish Village. I've also been as far down as the Mall of Dubai and have stayed in the Radisson in Media City.

However, for my next visit (will be early July now), I want to head further down on the metro and stay in the DMCC metro stop area, near the Marina. Just wanted recommendations on the best area to get a hotel. I was looking at either JBR or the Marina area itself.

Cheers.
    Depends what you mean by 'best' area. What are you looking to do when you're here, as obviously in July it'll be about 110 degrees.

DMCC Metro is in JLT, there's a Movenpick not far from there, and also the Bonnington Hotel which has a huge McGettigans bar next door to it.

If you want to stay in the Marina or JBR the choice is endless, but depends what you want to pay. There's anything from a Sofitel to a Ritz Carlton.
  • Options
    I normally stay at Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel as my work is usually in the Trade Centre. 

Some of the rooms are like mini apartments and it’s got its own beach. 
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in Riyadh, but because of the visa I have, I have to exit Saudi every 30 days for at least 24 hours, for the purpose of a 'visa refresh' run.

If it doesn't coincide with going home to the UK, I tend to go to the UAE (Abu Dhabi or Dubai; just had 2 nights in Abu Dhabi). When in Dubai, I tend to stay in one of the hotels at Festival City and often head across to the Irish Village. I've also been as far down as the Mall of Dubai and have stayed in the Radisson in Media City.

However, for my next visit (will be early July now), I want to head further down on the metro and stay in the DMCC metro stop area, near the Marina. Just wanted recommendations on the best area to get a hotel. I was looking at either JBR or the Marina area itself.

Cheers.
    Depends what you mean by 'best' area. What are you looking to do when you're here, as obviously in July it'll be about 110 degrees.

DMCC Metro is in JLT, there's a Movenpick not far from there, and also the Bonnington Hotel which has a huge McGettigans bar next door to it.

If you want to stay in the Marina or JBR the choice is endless, but depends what you want to pay. There's anything from a Sofitel to a Ritz Carlton.
    Thanks mate. Just to be close to a decent bar and restaurants. When I'm at Festival City I use the Intercont or Crowne Plaza, and drink / eat in the Belgian Cafe or get a taxi to the Irish Village (saw the 'James' gig at the tennis stadium in November, brilliant).  

Just fancied a change of scenery really, and the hotel prices in July are lower also. Any of those that you've mentioned will be an option, so I guess it's finding the one that has the best location and not far to walk for a beer and meal. Marina or JBR sounds good. Are they walkable from the DMCC Metro? Or is there another means of transport (taxi obviously) from the Metro station to those areas? 
  • Options
    I would suggest JA Resorts down in JBR, you have 4 or 5 good bars with decent happy hours within 10 minute walk, and prices attended to be on the cheaper side.. Or I'll suggest staying in Al Barsha, where you are either 10-15 minute taxi ride from either side of town.. Ramada Chelsea or City Max are good choices..
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Cheers.

Thanks mate. Just to be close to a decent bar and restaurants. When I'm at Festival City I use the Intercont or Crowne Plaza, and drink / eat in the Belgian Cafe or get a taxi to the Irish Village (saw the 'James' gig at the tennis stadium in November, brilliant).  

Just fancied a change of scenery really, and the hotel prices in July are lower also. Any of those that you've mentioned will be an option, so I guess it's finding the one that has the best location and not far to walk for a beer and meal. Marina or JBR sounds good. Are they walkable from the DMCC Metro? Or is there another means of transport (taxi obviously) from the Metro station to those areas? 
    In cooler months yes they are easily walkable from the metro, but you wouldn't want to be walking it in July. Movenpick i'd say would be 7-8 minutes walk and has a few bars/restaurants within the hotel, the Bonnington will be less than 5 mins walk.

But i'd agree with DubaiCAFC, if it's a decent location for a beer and food then stay in JBR. Tons of bars/restaurants, cinema, beach, all on your doorstep.

Hilton JBR (The Walk) is pretty central to everything.