Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

City Addicks: with Karl Robinson & Johnnie Jackson - 13th November, The Grapes Leadenhall Market

1235»

Comments

• first meeting of this type i have attended and thoroughly enjoyed it

no real point me recanting what everyone else has said ...for those that dont know me and thats nearly all of you i am the bloke sat at the front on the left who spilt a whole pint of guinness (and mopped it up on hands and knees himself) before it all got underway

robbo did most of the talking ,whether has was chosen by the regime as a front man with good patter to deflect from them is incidental he comes across very well and very openly .Jacko spoke well when he had his limited opportunities

got the impression that "ez" is going in the window ,with an immediate loan back if robbo had his way

he is talking up Best and a deal may be close ..if he had his way

very impressed at the way he has restored some spirit and pride with the players and thats all down to him,he was very complimentary about "bo" Lee bowyer...its all a bit accidental but the regime has found the right coach eventually ! (lets face it they have had enough goes)

thanks to all who organised

• Did think it was intetesting that KR spoke of the "regime" a couple of times.
  • saw a few faces last night dont know if there lifers but recognised them from away games, the really tall chap and looked like a father and son with long hair.
  • edited November 2017
    I noticed that as well Heather and also a change in tack using the phrase 'whether we get new owners or whether we dont my job is.....' when it was just weeks ago he told the press something along the lines of 'he was reassured by one of the board there was nothing in it'.

I think he came across very well and whether its 100% genuine or just par for the course the fan in me still loves a badge kisser.
  • lolwray said:

first meeting of this type i have attended and thoroughly enjoyed it

no real point me recanting what everyone else has said ...for those that dont know me and thats nearly all of you i am the bloke sat at the front on the left who spilt a whole pint of guinness (and mopped it up on hands and knees himself) before it all got underway

robbo did most of the talking ,whether has was chosen by the regime as a front man with good patter to deflect from them is incidental he comes across very well and very openly .Jacko spoke well when he had his limited opportunities

got the impression that "ez" is going in the window ,with an immediate loan back if robbo had his way

he is talking up Best and a deal may be close ..if he had his way

very impressed at the way he has restored some spirit and pride with the players and thats all down to him,he was very complimentary about "bo" Lee bowyer...its all a bit accidental but the regime has found the right coach eventually ! (lets face it they have had enough goes)

thanks to all who organised

I got the definite vibe he was talking up Best.

An unexciting scenario might be because he already knows the Konsa money is spent, and it will be Best for Doodoo and the return of Umerah and Hanlan. Possibly throw in a young Prem midfielder loan to allow for the loss of Konsa, and a hope that Lennon and Pearce come back, and a keeper prepared to be a No2 allowing Phillips out on loan with a recall clause, and that may be that in January. It might even be enough, but I think the picture I paint is assuming this regime stays in charge.
  • edited November 2017
    Pico said:

I can confirm that he said "the board" have told him he needs two strikers

Are you sure he didn't say " the BROAD has told me ...." ?

After all, it's a very small board we have currently....
  • Yes great to meet you at last AshBurton.. just after I had stalked Jacko outside.

Bet that pic is going up behind the bar, nice one.

• Sponsored links:

• Fantastic notes from those that were there, especially @Pico

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and us other supporters informed. It certainly makes you want to have been there! Very interesting read too.
  • Not sure I could have added more than an extra bald patch(es), but illness kept me away last night. City Addicks was always a great night & it sounds like it was again last night thanks to @razil, @SE7toSG3 and everyone who turned up, including Karl & Johnny.

Will make sure I am there for the next one!
  • Thanks to City Addicks for arranging such an enjoyable event.
    Impressed with K.R.s honesty and enthusiasm.
    Inspiring and encouraging speech at the end.
    Amusing comments that our four forwards have five seconds to get back to defend after losing the ball.
  • Used to be a regular there many years back, good pub.
  • Wish I could have made it but early flight to Asia on Tuesday morning. Thanks to those for posting news.
  • It is a good pub but my Newingtons were giving it some next day......
  • Simonsen said:

It is a good pub but my Newingtons were giving it some next day......

?
  • Simonsen said:

?
    North Londoners rhyming slang

Newington Butts = Guts
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:

?
    Newington Butts - guts
  • TelMc32 said:

Simonsen said:

?
    Newington Butts - guts
    You're going to have to be quicker with your responses to get in first :-)
  • Simonsen said:

?

Newington Butts = Guts
    Yeah, but I'm from Sarf London, so I was thinking more Newington Causeway, balls way.
  • Simonsen said:

?

Newington Butts = Guts
    Newington Butts is a street in South London it is near the Elephant & Castle.
  • Mick was very accommodating, and much appreciated by us organisers I can tell you - not forgetting @centurion if I've got his username right on here, who is an integral part of the 'committee'.