Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most puzzling user names on CL?

Comments

• I like Charlton and had a cat that wore a 1980s hat (see avatar). Oh, and I once played a season in goal for a Sunday team who were (very) desperate and was ironically nicknamed 'Felix' for my distinctly un-catlike performances
  • Thought we had done this thread recently and was shocked to just discover it was over 7 years ago. Anyway...

When i was on a lads holiday in Malia in 1996, we were staying just outside the resort and had to get this clapped out bus into the strip at night. It was known as the 'Bar Tram', and the driver was this crazy Greek guy called Afkandris, who kept saying 'call me Afka man'. So it become known as Afka's Bar Tram. Wonder if he still does it.

Anything than admit it was your user name on a spanner forum you frequented.
  • I have trouble with public speaking. I have trouble with 'ers'. Cant drop his ers addick didn't fit so canters.
  • I'm named after the great man Chris Powell. I hadn't realised I had pressed / several times until after I confirmed the name. I tried to go back & change it but wasn't able to :disappointed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Powell_(personal_trainer)

Let's be honest this is who u are named after really
  • Sponsored links:

• Another one that puzzles me is RaphlMilne. Can never tell if he meant to spell it 'Raphl' instead of 'Ralph'.
  • edited October 2017
    I actually live in SE18
  • My name is John and at work in my early twenties back in 1992 had a particularly bad cold flu type thingy and was coughing my guts up. Someone said something like 'there goes one of his lungs' and I became Johnny One Lung at work. Had that as my user name on BBC 606 and Charlton Babes forum but got locked out on Charlton Babes and re-registered as MrOneLung.
  • Back in the netaddicks days I was Talal_el_Willscori after he went on a bit of a run. Then he left. Did consider Won'tScoriAnyMori but too many characters...
  • Addickted said:

My name is Nigel and I really support Chrystal Palarse.

Addickted is ironic as I'm really here to wind all you clowns up.

I'm 42, live with my parents in Purley and my girlfriend left me in 2008 for a Border Collie. I've dressed in black for home games ever since to pay homage to her in the hope we can rekindle our relationship and enjoy Trival Pursuits and Line dancing once again.

That's a lie

You're 64
  • edited October 2017
    I'm from Transylvania AHAHHAHAHAHAHA
  • Addickted said:

My name is Nigel and I really support Chrystal Palarse.

Addickted is ironic as I'm really here to wind all you clowns up.

I'm 42, live with my parents in Purley and my girlfriend left me in 2008 for a Border Collie. I've dressed in black for home games ever since to pay homage to her in the hope we can rekindle our relationship and enjoy Trival Pursuits and Line dancing once again.

That's a lie

You're 64
    At least I've never lost my passport.

Twice.

:blush: j

• Sponsored links:

• Being a particularly pious gentleman, I wanted to take the name of and early christian saint. I chose St Ignatius of Antioch so that I could remember the early martyrs and the debt we owe to them. St Ignatius of Antioch was quite a lot to key in though so I contracted it to Stig.

• this started as other user names you wonder about not explaining your own. To which end I've never worked out Arsenetatters.
  • I used to use a very nice Charlton supporting pub run by Brian Wilson on Plumstead Common but it was taken over by an idiot.

Mike Love? :smile:
  • I remember it taking me a few minutes to figure out the Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch username

Couple of minutes???
    It took me 6 months!
  • I remember it taking me a few minutes to figure out the Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch username

Couple of minutes???
    It took me 6 months!
    I still don't get it
  • What? All of mine?