Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby League World Cup 2017

13»

Comments

• Options
    No O'Loughlin and Hodgson for England but still can beat the aussies.
  • Options

Yeah but the probability of that occurring has decreased sadly.

Anyway good luck England
  • Options
    Decent half there. Proper battle this one
  • Options

Think England can play better still and Australia look tired. It's winnable
  • Options
    has it started ?
    if so, whats the score?
  • Options
    Convicts 6 Brave Englishmen 0 at half-time
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    No disgrace there, the Aussies, who have nearly always been dominant in this discipline, were glad to get over the line in the end. Could have gone either way if the ball had broken for us. Well done England.
  • Options
    Watched a bit of the second half, seemed like a very decent effort from us, and i was surprised at how tired the Aussies seemed to look when you'd probably have expected it to be us that tired.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Watched a bit of the second half, seemed like a very decent effort from us, and i was surprised at how tired the Aussies seemed to look when you'd probably have expected it to be us that tired.

Yeh they were knackered in the end and knew they'd been pushed all the way. Beaten finalists but they come home with their heads held high.
  • Options
    i don't follow rugby league so this might be a crap question but why did our bloke at the end choose to kick it when it looked as if a pass was on inside to score a try?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out of interest, how come at a tournament in Australia with Australia in the final, the referee was from..........Australia?

How the fuck is that allowed?
  • Options

Out of interest, how come at a tournament in Australia with Australia in the final, the referee was from..........Australia?

video ref was English to be fair. They don't have a huge pool of refs to pick from like in other sports.

Cracking effort from England, just a shame we didn't have the extra bit of quality needed in the final third. A couple of back to back sets at the end there would have seen us score, the Aussies were cream crackered.

• Options

i don't follow rugby league so this might be a crap question but why did our bloke at the end choose to kick it when it looked as if a pass was on inside to score a try?

That's a question many will ask but when a kick through works it's a game changer so can't blame him for trying something different.

So proud of our boys :-D
  • Options
    Errors.
    Australia 4
    England 12

That’s where we blew it!
    Matched them in every other facet....one hell of a monumental battle!
  • Options

Well, quite. And his day job is.......ophthalmologist.

He should start by pointing his laser at his own eyes - missing that high tackle in the opening minute. Bias, no, not at all....
  • Options
    Its a few years that England have played that well against the Aussies. When the final hooter went it was more relief than anything else. The Kicking game was the difference for me, but considering they were 1/7 ON to win, then we are not that far away.

Cronk, Smith and Slater won't be around in 4 years time. That's a plus!