Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sofia city break

I'm going to Sofia for the 4th and 5th November.

Anybody been who could advise on decent boozers for the evening.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Are you flying with DFS?
  • I'm going to Sofia for the 4th and 5th November.

Anybody been who could advise on decent boozers for the evening.

You got some front, decent boozers
    Some of the ones you've taken half of Charlton life
  • LenGlover said:

Are you flying with DFS?

Lost me there.

Easyjet btw.
  • LenGlover said:

Are you flying with DFS?

Lost me there.

Easyjet btw.
    Guessing he read Sofa not Sofia
  • LenGlover said:

Are you flying with DFS?

Lost me there.

Easyjet btw.
    Come on, it was a good joke !
  • Can someone be bloody serious. Please.
  • Didn't like it when I went. Did find an amazing restaurant though. No idea where it was (10 years ago). Hope that helps
  • Can someone be bloody serious. Please.

Boobs
  • The big cathedral was very impressive and worth a visit
  • Sponsored links:

• Sofia doesn't really do "boozers" of the type you like. It's all about bars where wine and cocktails take preference over beer, and the most popular ones are a bit flash, not really your bag. But I will ask my buddy and PM you on WhatsApp.

Pickpockets can be a problem especially if you are tempted into one of the big clubs. Some bitch pickpocketed me at the bar of one club but all she got was my bloody Fitbit !

But I love Sofia, and not just because I go way back there pre -revolution. It's vibrant, like Southern European cities are, and the streets are full of little locally run cafes (i e not Costa and Starbucks everywhere), and some quality, often dangerous looking tottie. Metro from the airport too, which is more than Prague has.
  • try some of the hotels .. you get a mixed bag of locals and tourists/businessmen ..as has been said, watch out for 'thieves and dodgy 'working girls', they are everywhere ..
    in November, Sofia could be quite cold, so wrap up warm ((:>)
  • Sofia doesn't really do "boozers" of the type you like. It's all about bars where wine and cocktails take preference over beer, and the most popular ones are a bit flash, not really your bag. But I will ask my buddy and PM you on WhatsApp.

Pickpockets can be a problem especially if you are tempted into one of the big clubs. Some bitch pickpocketed me at the bar of one club but all she got was my bloody Fitbit !

But I love Sofia, and not just because I go way back there pre -revolution. It's vibrant, like Southern European cities are, and the streets are full of little locally run cafes (i e not Costa and Starbucks everywhere), and some quality, often dangerous looking tottie. Metro from the airport too, which is more than Prague has.

https://www.kashtite.com/en

Not sure the above linked has worked!

Hopefully Mrs Elfsborg will be as pleased with this place as she was where you took us the other week.

Pleased to see a good comment about the city as many people have found it drab.
  • try some of the hotels .. you get a mixed bag of locals and tourists/businessmen ..as has been said, watch out for 'thieves and dodgy 'working girls', they are everywhere ..

What will the 'working girls' look like?
  • Karma sutra and Bar Fetish were OK.
  • edited October 2017

F@ck me elfs you getting fussy
  • clb74 said:

try some of the hotels .. you get a mixed bag of locals and tourists/businessmen ..as has been said, watch out for 'thieves and dodgy 'working girls', they are everywhere ..

F@ck me elfs you getting fussy
    Once I start getting fussy my miserable mate, you're out of the frame.
  • edited October 2017

try some of the hotels .. you get a mixed bag of locals and tourists/businessmen ..as has been said, watch out for 'thieves and dodgy 'working girls', they are everywhere ..

many are VERY tasty .. like everywhere there are 'models' for all tastes and preferences ..
    but beware Johnny foreigner, they could be after your wallet, passport, your shirt, shoes and trousers anything but your manhood ((:>) .. but you'll be with Suzie Elf .. look but don't touch .. I would even recommend not looking lol

anyway for a man who goes wandering about in metropolitan Brazilian favelas, Bulgaria is a haven of calm
  • Sponsored links:

• They'd struggle with my manhood, in every way!

Check out the link for the restaurant, what do you think?

finding it, the smell of it etc
  • Can you lot get back on topic ffs.

They look like the non-working girls. And there is a large "middle ground" of girls who will slap you if you suggested they are "working girls" but may nevertheless agree on a transactional basis that they fancy you enough to go back to your room with you. Or so I'm told.

That's Sofia. Different rules apply. Anyway, only of academic interest in your case.

It isn't the most attractive city, for sure, but it has got a vibe.

If the weather is nice you could consider heading up Vitosha mountain. There is a bus from the centre which takes you to the cable car.

• edited October 2017

They'd struggle with my manhood, in every way!

it looks OK, touristy, prices are not too bad.. they can go a bit over the top on the 'authentic' Bulgarian shtick .. have you done the 360 degree tour ? .. I'd be OK eating there although I am not a great lover of East European/Turk influenced cuisine ... you're only there on a flying visit .. go for it and enjoy it .. oh digression time

there used to be a big black market in currency exchange, the official rate is a rip off and some of the local chaps would offer a much better rate on the street for euros, us dollars, even sterling ! .. even hotel and restaurant staff would do a deal ..
    this might have died down now, I am going back 7/8 years or so .. IF you do succumb, the hotel staff option is best .. the street dealers are generally VERY dodgy .. but there again. for a short trip it's hardly worth the hassle

I’m sure they have magnifying glasses and tweezers there.

it looks OK, touristy, prices are not too bad.. they can go a bit over the top on the 'authentic' Bulgarian shtick .. have you done the 360 degree tour ? .. I'd be OK eating there although I am not a great lover of East European/Turk influenced cuisine ... you're only there on a flying visit .. go for it and enjoy it .. oh digression time

there used to be a big black market in currency exchange, the official rate is a rip off and some of the local chaps would offer a much better rate on the street for euros, us dollars, even sterling ! .. even hotel and restaurant staff would do a deal ..
    this might have died down now, I am going back 7/8 years or so .. IF you do succumb, the hotel staff option is best .. the street dealers are generally VERY dodgy .. but there again. for a short trip it's hardly worth the hassle
    i hope you’re not talking about his todger.

i hope you’re not talking about his todger.
    Don't try and bring Lincs down to your level Otto.
  • Went there a couple of years ago for a lads' weekend. Saw Levski Sofia play on Friday night and then Salvia Sofia v CSKA Sofia on Saturday afternoon. Sofia has at least four football clubs so easy to see a game in a crumbling stadium with weeds growing up through the terrace at some point in the weekend.

Found an interesting pub/microbrewery on Saturday evening where there is a pump at every table where you fill your own glass up as you go (or the poor sod next to the pump has to do it for the table). A meter of indiscriminate denomination slowly ticks up and when you leave you give your table/pump number and they charge you in Levs. Like everything out there it was dirt cheap, less than a pound a pint. Nice beer too, unfiltered lager. It's called the Ale House, 42 Hristo Belchev Street. It is in the basement - it's easy to google.

I made the mistake of withdrawing as much money as I would for a weekend in Germany and then spent the rest of the weekend, Brewster's Millions style, trying to spend it - cocktails, shisha pipes, night clubs, taxis, football, restaurants, etc, still had a load left when I flew home.

The vast majority of food is atrocious - do not eat at the football stadium unless you want to eat raw whale blubber in a stale pitta bread.
  • You don't have to worry about the currency any more. It is stable. Pegged to the euro. Doesnt stop a few shady characters offering to change money though. It used to be the main industry before the revolution.

Surprised @milo what you say about the food. I'm sure that's true of the footie stadium, but there are loads of great places to eat in Sofia now.