Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson & Lee Bowyer - Bromley Addicks - Thursday 2 November - Free Entry

Comments

• Sorry I didn't get to see you and say hello @delroofer hope you are well mate
  • Brilliant evening
  • Still laughing now as elfs come out the toilet.
  • clb74 said:

Still laughing now as elfs come out the toilet.

Nearly as good as you drinking the happy juice
  • clb74 said:

Just telling my oher half about that, literally everyone in the room was laughing
  • clb74 said:

Nearly as good as you drinking the happy juice
    No chance elfs coming out toilet better
  • Hiiiìi hoòooo
  • I’m gutted I missed last night. Too late getting home.
    Hopefully I will be there next time.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Don't really know Petts Wood. Is there an acceptable way to get to this place by public transport from sunny Sidcup?

As a matter of interest.....don’t you drive?
    I do, but if I'm going to spend the evening in the company of @Henry Irving then I'm going to need a drink :-)
    A stiff drink, along with a stiff neck for you AFKA.
  • Sorry I missed this as wanted to go but a family bereavement the day before meant I wasn’t really in the mood. Look forward to the next one.
  • For those not there, Robinson had just said "we have a serious problem with a lack of height", and with perfect comic timing my fellow vertically challenged @ElfsborgAddick walked that exact moment out of the toilet door next to the stage and across the front of everyone, looked bemused, everyone fell about laughing and Robbo said "sorry mate"

Was up there with when Uncle Albert walked in front of the comedian and he started to go "hiiii hooooo"

It was very funny tbf.

• Was a very enjoyable evening. I've always been a fan of his, but doubt if anyone who is not still would not have enjoyed listening to Robbo last night.

What was really good as well was seeing them walking into a full room, so well done for everyone who turned up and well done Bromley Addicks for putting on.

If you missed last night and have easy access to London, I recommend getting along to City Addicks in 10 days and keeping this recent run of Q&As well supported.

The meeting was upstairs but while waiting for them I saw Lee walking passed the window back to the car park.

I went out and found them walking in. Lee had seen the dozen or so people downstairs and thought that was it.

Had to tell them, no there's a packed room waiting for you upstairs.
  • Well worth going to City Addicks if you can next week.

You may not agree with every answer but he gives an answer.
  • Excellent evening, good laugh too.

@Henry Irving can you put us in the direction of the details of said City Addicks meeting, please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent evening, good laugh too.

Not for everybody!

Just imagine they were laughing with you, not at you.

@Henry Irving can you put us in the direction of the details of said City Addicks meeting, please?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79648/city-addicks-with-karl-robinson-johnnie-jackson-13th-november-the-grapes-leadenhall-market
  • clb74 said:

I read that as "came out in the toilet"
  • Karl gave a really good "Chris Powell'esque" speech at the end of the evening.
  • Karl gave a really good "Chris Powell'esque" speech at the end of the evening.

Never.
  • bbob said:

clb74 said:

I read that as "came out in the toilet"
    From now on to be known as...............The Petts Wood Prowler!
  • Very enjoyable evening. It was nice to hear Karl was being left to get on with the job and had not spoken to the owner for 3 months. Well we haven't seen him for 3 years , lets hope its a sign that he now wants to sell up
  • It's great to hear such positive comments from those there. But playing devils advocate and bearing in mind I haven't seen us play at all this season and last season was utter dross from start to finish. Are we not getting carried away with KR? We have had imbeciles running the team since Powell left. We now have a normal competent manager who's got us to a position we should be in and that's great based on what's gone on previously. Parky had a worse squad and got us within a penalty kick of a playoff final. Powell had a squad that some think was not as good as this current one and absolutely pissed this league, although I maintain that squad was infinitely better. I'm not saying KR isn't a decent manager and doing a decent job but we've been starved of a normal management team for so long now he looks like the messiah when all he's done is get us in and around where we should expect to be. Time will tell.
  • Nug said:

It's great to hear such positive comments from those there. But playing devils advocate and bearing in mind I haven't seen us play at all this season and last season was utter dross from start to finish. Are we not getting carried away with KR? We have had imbeciles running the team since Powell left. We now have a normal competent manager who's got us to a position we should be in and that's great based on what's gone on previously. Parky had a worse squad and got us within a penalty kick of a playoff final. Powell had a squad that some think was not as good as this current one and absolutely pissed this league, although I maintain that squad was infinitely better. I'm not saying KR isn't a decent manager and doing a decent job but we've been starved of a normal management team for so long now he looks like the messiah when all he's done is get us in and around where we should expect to be. Time will tell.

Maybe if you watched us play, you would understand, although I appreciate you don't want to until RD sells.