Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums QF 2: Definitely Maybe vs Nevermind

Album Name: Definitely Maybe
Artist: Oasis
Release Year: 1994

Track Listing:

1. Rock 'n' Roll Star
2. Shakermaker
3. Live Forever
4. Up In The Sky
5. Columbia
6. Supersonic
7. Bring It On Down
8. Cigarettes & Alcohol
9. Digsy's Dinner
10. Slide Away
11. Married With Children

Listen Here: https://open.spotify.com/album/3F7qb5AiQdWxuMgSyQ9zyg

Album Name: Nevermind
Artist: Nirvana
Release Year: 1991

Track Listing:

1. Smells Like Teen Spirit
2. In Bloom
3. Come as You Are
4. Breed
5. Lithium
6. Polly
7. Territorial Pissings
8. Drain You
9. Lounge Act
10. Stay Away
11. On a Plain
12. Something in the Way

Listen Here: https://open.spotify.com/album/2UJcKiJxNryhL050F5Z1Fk

In the previous round both had close battles. Definitely Maybe scraped past another Oasis album, (What's The Story) Morning Glory and Nevermind faced sudden death with Exile On Main St., which was settled by a count of the initial votes from the first round.

Comments

• Options
    Tough one. Both are from my era. Feel more of a connection to Definitely Maybe. Oasis it is.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Tough one. Both are from my era. Feel more of a connection to Definitely Maybe. Oasis it is.

My hunch is that that will be the general consensus. Definitely Maybe might connect a bit more, possibly because it's a very British record. I prefer Nevermind, but I'm not voting.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Definately Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Bloody difficult.... my answer would probably have toed and froed over the years. At this time, I'll go for Nevermind
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Exactly how I see it. Definitely maybe for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nevermind.

Not difficult in the slightest. Ask this question outside of the UK and most people would have only have heard of those albums. 8million worldwide sales v 30 million.
  • Options
    How this Oasis album beat (What's the Story... I'll never know. Neither of these would make my list of top ten albums so, on the basis of Smells Like Teen Spirit and Lithium, it's Nevermind.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    "Definitely. Maybe. na actually Nevermind." no doubt a sentence i used a few times in the past.

for me its Nevermind. i remember being given a second hand tape of the album from my older sister who was no longer into grudge (teen angst) and had now joined my older brother into the rave scene. though both loved Oasis as well.
    i was still a bit too young but i didn't have many tapes at the time that weren't a Disney sing a long. so Nevermind was my choice of tape to be played whilst out on the bike or popping down the shops. because it was one of the first albums i ever had its one of my most listened to albums that I've got. and I'm still not bored of it.
  • Options

"Definitely. Maybe. na actually Nevermind." no doubt a sentence i used a few times in the past.

for me its Nevermind. i remember being given a second hand tape of the album from my older sister who was no longer into grudge (teen angst) and had now joined my older brother into the rave scene. though both loved Oasis as well.
    i was still a bit too young but i didn't have many tapes at the time that weren't a Disney sing a long. so Nevermind was my choice of tape to be played whilst out on the bike or popping down the shops. because it was one of the first albums i ever had its one of my most listened to albums that I've got. and I'm still not bored of it.

Does she still hold a “grudge”?
  • Options
    2 of the best album's ever released, I will go with nevermind as it was Nirvana's best album whereas definitely maybe was Oasis' second best album. Love both.
  • Options
    Casting my vote for Nevermind. It's close, but Smells Like Teen Spirit edges it.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Nevermind.

I suspect Definitely Maybe will win this easily though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Defintely Nevermind
  • Options
    Nevermind for me.
  • Options
    I'm not that familiar with either. So I abstain.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe

Nevermind is a classic but I was more into the rock/pop/punk of Green Day than the grunge of Nirvana and Pearl Jam

• Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Definitely Nevermind......maybe.....
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe