Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posting on non Charlton related threads whilst a match is on

I happened to notice yesterday whilst refreshing the match thread during the game, several postings to non Charlton/Sport related threads on here.
Surely, if Charlton are playing, then your focus is Charlton, not Dogs or Holidays or how big your cock is.?
Surely , in order they should be...
1) At the game
2) On IFollow/Stream watching the game
3) Listening to the commentary
4) Following (and contributing to) the Match Thread

Or is just me?

Comments

• Never followed a match thread in my life. I don't post on many threads about CAFC.
  • Never mind during the match, the whole of Saturday should be reserved for football only talk as a mark of respect for our team.
  • If I’m not there I’ll usually follow Twitter to keep up with the match. Usually look at other threads to distract myself in tight matches like yesterday. Too used to dissapointment.
  • Macronate said:

For me, the size of my cock takes precedence over when Charlton are playing.

Could there be any correlation between the size of your cock and Charlton scoring goals ?
  • My browser can open multiple tabs, it's pretty useful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry if my match day tweets are not exciting enough to keep you viewing, but we need a person to do it with a proper commentary, although the usual crew are probably watching either at the Valley for home games and on a stream for away, so it seems you will have to put up with me unless we can persuade someone else to keep you enthralled with commentary
  • At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.
    I cant grasp their mental decisions.
  • At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.
    I cant grasp their mental decisions.

How hard can it be to do more than one thing at a time though?

I have the game on the TV, with my laptop next to me on the sofa, why would I not use it?
  • I happened to notice yesterday whilst refreshing the match thread during the game, several postings to non Charlton/Sport related threads on here.
    Surely, if Charlton are playing, then your focus is Charlton, not Dogs or Holidays or how big your cock is.?
    Surely , in order they should be...
    1) At the game
    2) On IFollow/Stream watching the game
    3) Listening to the commentary
    4) Following (and contributing to) the Match Thread

Or is just me?

Just you and your cock of course.

• You're doing a great job Ross.

Thanks
  • Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.
  • Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.

I follow Charlton and not the Premiership so that doesn’t worry me.
  • stonemuse said:

Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.

Exactly the only results I'm interested in are those that effect us
  • Sponsored links:

• England v Windies Lords test was on while CAFC were playing Southend at home, did you stay away from the cricket thread while Charlton were playing El Presidente ?
  • One of the reasons I like this forum is there are so many non charlton/football related threads. Yes it's a football forum but I think it's a positive thing there is so much else going on.
  • The times I come on a new thread lately and it seems to be all about the size of someone's penis what happened to train timetables?
  • stonemuse said:

Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.

Each to their own though, I like to tune into MOTD later on and watching without knowing the scores. Don't know why a Charlton match thread can't just be about the game. There used to be a courtesy with the match threads but it seems to have gone out the window this year.

I do follow but I agree with you, though it doesn’t happen so frequently.

If I’m gonna watch MOTD I’d prefer not to know the scores.

If you want to post prem scores open a thread.
  • Given up

stonemuse said:

Each to their own though, I like to tune into MOTD later on and watching without knowing the scores. Don't know why a Charlton match thread can't just be about the game. There used to be a courtesy with the match threads but it seems to have gone out the window this year.
    For the same reason I stopped following Saturday match threads after the first 3 games this year I think. Was turning into Gillette Soccer Saturday with the same handful of posters in competition to be the first to post Palace scores in particular.
  • My impression is that apart from Palace matches people have stopped posting premiership scores.
  • Err, sorry, after jake scored yesterday I just had to have a J Arthur.
  • Sir,

Are we allowed to post on other threads at half time? Or should we be doing something else?

Can you let me know what time I should exclusively be thinking about Charlton on a match day? Then perhaps what time the cut off point is? Or is just the duration of the match ok?

Not sure I’ve contributed to a match thread though, so I’m clearly not a fan anyway.

Ah well.
  • I find match threads a bit boring to be honest. Tend to view live scores on BBC website and dip in and out when we score/concede.