Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Back to the Valley celebration at the Valley - 5 December 2017

Comments

• My first visit to the museum and a really good evening, got to meet Seth Plum among others. Thanks Henry.
  • Popped in early and had to leave by 6, but nice to shake Keith Peacock's hand! Oh and meet Henry

Very impressed with the museum, a really professional job by all concerned

Good to meet you too @killerandflash
  • Great evening, - big thanks to all at the museum
  • seth plum said:

Huge thanks to all those who organised it.
    I am not a great drinker at the best of times, but even worse on an empty stomach.
    Made it home but squiff tipsy or whatever it is called.
    Great to meed so many there, so many who have our great club coursing through their veins.
    Carl Leaburn turned up so that was excellent.

@PaddyP17 i hope you get your drinking talents from yourself mother
  • good evening, well done and thanks to all involved. Left as Daisy turned up. Can't believe she had the temerity to turn up, even if invited. It was our night. Seeing her face took the gloss off it for me.

Another case of squirrel face antagonising the supporters. A disgusting individual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone confront her?
  • Thanks to everyone who came along.

We had a great evening, raised a few bob but most importantly marked an important anniversary.

Special thanks to this lifer who started the evening by donating these.

Kids, ask your parents.

At least that's not Charlton's nil.

I'd hope not, we shouldn't sully the Museum by lowering ourselves to her level.
  • Well worth the round trip from Broadstairs. First time at the museum and really impressed. Well done to all that run the museum and those that organised last night's event (if different).
    Glad that I was watching one of the excellent videos when squirrel-face made her entry.
    The Belgians may not give a toss about our past but if we don't have and care about our history then we don't have anything.
  • Thanks all for the evening it was well organised and worth attending. What were the winning raffle numbers by the way?
  • There were 4 prizes unclaimed , the winning tickets are attached to the items. We will be contacting the winners on Saturday when we are back in the museum so if you left early don't give up hope just yet.
  • edited December 2017
    Sark99 said:

Thanks all for the evening it was well organised and worth attending. What were the winning raffle numbers by the way?

Number 10? :wink:

Edit; glad it went well and everyone had a good time despite Daisy putting in an appearance. Well done to the Trustees, organisers and sponsors.
  • There were 4 prizes unclaimed , the winning tickets are attached to the items. We will be contacting the winners on Saturday when we are back in the museum so if you left early don't give up hope just yet.

OOOOHHHHHHHH. Glad I didn't burn my raffle tickets in a fit of rage then :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Great to meet @JamesSeed (a treasure trove) @addicktedoldgit and all the others.
    My claim to shame is that I was talking to Tom Rubashow and all of a sudden Katrien appeared smiling beside him. She clearly recognised me as I did her, but Tom quickly said we were talking about Karl Robinson. I wasn't prepared to be either rude or inquisitive (caught by surprise anyway) so we had a little to and fro regarding Karl and I extricated myself.
  • Curb_It said:

I won in the raffle and it was delivered to me in the Oak. Such service! Thank you. Well organized event guys.

Great night, rounded off with too many in the Oak with good old mates that I don't see enough of.

No one confronted KM I'm sure. In my view, it wouldn't have been appropriate on such an occasion.

Feel crap today mind.

Fiddle! :wink:
  • seth plum said:

Great to meet @JamesSeed (a treasure trove) @addicktedoldgit and all the others.
    My claim to shame is that I was talking to Tom Rubashow and all of a sudden Katrien appeared smiling beside him. She clearly recognised me as I did her, but Tom quickly said we were talking about Karl Robinson. I wasn't prepared to be either rude or inquisitive (caught by surprise anyway) so we had a little to and fro regarding Karl and I extricated myself.

You didn't get a selfie with her ?
  • I think Keith is wearing the tie from his benefit year?
  • Ashers said:

Terrific evening and not every night you get to shake hands with one of your heroes!

First visit to the museum - it's tremendous and a credit all those who have worked so hard to create such an engaging environment. Surrounded by such a varied and nostalgic collection of all things Charlton, it was the perfect place to celebrate 25 years. It was also great to talk to so many people who help make our club so special - proper Charlton!

If you've not visited it really is worth a visit. I'll be back in the new year for another pre-match browse.

Thanks Ashers

I'd hope not, we shouldn't sully the Museum by lowering ourselves to her level.
    Quite right, the gutter is outside anyway.