Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back to the Valley celebration at the Valley - 5 December 2017

Comments

• Options
    I’ll be there.
  • Options

#BTTV and Valley party videos will be showing over the evening:
    Moving Magazine - December 92
    The London Match 34 minutes
    Thames Sport 2 minute clip
    BBC Sport 3 min clip
    Saturday News & Sport 1.5 min clip
    Derelict Valley Recordings 32 mins & 11 mins

Will these be released afterwards for those who can't go?
    No, but if you ask nicely we might make copies for a small large donation to the museum
    Can be arranged. :)
  • Options
    We will be there
  • Options
    Just be given a home made video of the march from Woolwich to the Valley, people drinking and singing in the Valley pub and some shots in the ground.

We'll try to get in onto DVD in time for tomorrow.

• Options
    Henry I will be there. The video sounds like the one I lent to PB at the museum that my brother made that day. Look forward to seeing the output.
  • Options
    Sark99 said:

Henry I will be there. The video sounds like the one I lent to PB at the museum that my brother made that day. Look forward to seeing the output.

Could be. Some many different video's and clips coming to light now.
  • Options
    I'll be there as well. I will be one of the early ones, as I have to leave at 6, never been to the museum so looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to visiting the Museum tomorrow night. I wasn't a fan in 92, but was aware of what was going on and knew people who were. This history is something that helps connect me to the Club and I'm grateful to those who fought for our Club before.
  • Options

I'll be there as well. I will be one of the early ones, as I have to leave at 6, never been to the museum so looking forward to it!

A likely story, get there early, eat all the food, drink us dry, then leave : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A likely story, get there early, eat all the food, drink us dry, then leave : - )
    I'll have a large rucksack with me to steal a couple of bottles to drink on the train back to Charing Cross :smile:
  • Options
    If the SW London traffic is kind I may pop by tomorrow night too...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Look forward to see many on here tomorrow night. A proper fans celebration that doesn't cost you 100 notes.

Where we going for a drink post event?

Wander round the Oak?
  • Options
    what time is the event due to finish?
  • Options

Look forward to see many on here tomorrow night. A proper fans celebration that doesn't cost you 100 notes.

Wander round the Oak?

Yep, Oak sounds good

9.00 pm
  • Options
    We will be having a raffle with some great Charlton related items up for grabs. A signed Colin Walsh picture , scoring the 1st goal back at The Valley plus others
  • Options

Wander round the Oak?

Only when I've done my best with those 25 bottles of wine.

• Options
    Wish we could also attend on Tuesday but we will be there on Friday this week our you open then.
  • Options

Wish we could also attend on Tuesday but we will be there on Friday this week our you open then.

Not this Friday but will be before the Pompey game.
  • Options
    Floyd Road is closed and traffic up and down Charlton Church Lane is even worse than usual. Best approach via Charlton Lane tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Wander round the Oak?

Only when I've done my best with those 25 bottles of wine.

They will be gone by lunchtime! :smile:
  • Options

2 minutes after the booze runs out
  • Options

5 seconds after Katrien arrives
  • Options
    edited December 2017

We will be having a raffle with some great Charlton related items up for grabs. A signed Colin Walsh picture , scoring the 1st goal back at The Valley plus others

Can I donate a first edition copy of Jimmy Seed's 1947 book 'Soccer from the Inside'? I'll bring it along tomorrow, if you'd like one.

If I could pick up the framed team picture (if you still have it after all this time), that would be great.
  • Options
    Wow thank you that would be a fantastic prize. First prize in the raffle is this signed Clive Mendonca picture. In an oak frame it is a montage of super Clive's Wembley treble , signed ' Best wishes Clive Mendonca '.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Wow thank you that would be a fantastic prize. First prize in the raffle is was this signed Clive Mendonca picture. In an oak frame it is a montage of super Clive's Wembley treble , signed ' Best wishes Clive Mendonca '.

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    I hope all goes well and everybody has a wonderful evening.
  • Options
    The Back to The Valley story was what first piqued my interest in Charlton. Over the years I've learned that Charlton has a wonderful history, illustrated in the fantastic museum. I can't make it down tonight or at the weekend but I'd like to thank the many fans who have made such a remarkable contribution to that history and hope you have a great time.
  • Options
    Enjoy the occasion you lucky Addicks.......absolutely gutted I am unable to be there.