Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bike buying for older kids

2»

Comments

• Options
    Went for Decathlon Btwin Rockrider 700 - seems to be excellent value: alu frame, disc brakes, trigger shifters, front suspension, 24 gears, all for 200 quid
  • Options
    tallboy said:
    Razil, The sizing guides are pretty generous i.e. a Carrera Abyss with 24inch wheels will last him until about 4ft 11". But... I agree with the statements about buying secondhand for Kids. It saves cash and also avoids the scenario of buying new and then the Kid decides he/she doesn't want to do cycling anymore. Also, avoid Muddy Fox bikes like the plague..they are utter cack although the cycle clothing is good for a beginner. Frog bikes and Islabikes are (very) expensive to buy new but you will get about 70 - 75% back when selling on. An honorable mention also for the Wiggins brand. A young rider I used to coach now works as a bike tech in Halfords. He reckons Wiggins are underrated. Finally, a mention for the Bike Club. They rent out Kids bikes long term. You send it back when they outgrow it or can buy outright. https://thebikeclub.co/
    A very belated thank you for the Bike Club recommendation. My daughter is onto her second bike from them and all for 12 quid a month. I really recommend them, we've been using them for nearly three years now. No reason to buy a new bike for one's kid.