Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DIY Tips

Does anyone want to share any DIY tips that may make things easier for other lifers? I'll start with when drilling a hole into a wall for shelves or pictures etc, after marking with a pencil gently tap a masonry nail on the mark. This will stop the drill bit sliding off the mark. You never know among the comedic replies we may discover some good ideas.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    When you turn on a stop cock. Fully open the valve and then close it back half a turn.
  • Get someone else in to do it.
  • edited October 2017
    Don't Involve Yourself
  • Whenever you are doing or having a stab at something you don't really know how to do, take a step back and ask yourself "should I know this, or am I in this position because I paid fuck all attention at school or when every other father figure tried to teach me I was more interested in the Xbox?"

it's either one or the other usually and occasionally, in taking that step back and thinking about asking the internet you solve it

The key is knowing your limits, very basic electrical work can be learned, you would also be amazed how resourceful you can be when water is fizzing out of a pipe and you blindly reach for the oxyacetalene torch and solder you only bought from lidls because you wanted to have one and all of a sudden split copper pipes hold no fear. and if clutsyingly trying to do that fails, you can gaffer tape the mother's out of it and that should hold until the pro turns up
  • sit on your hand for 5 mins until its numb - feels like somebody else is doing it.

oh, sorry.....wrong DIY.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone want to share any DIY tips that may make things easier for other lifers? I'll start with when drilling a hole into a wall for shelves or pictures etc, after marking with a pencil gently tap a masonry nail on the mark. This will stop the drill bit sliding off the mark. You never know among the comedic replies we may discover some good ideas.

Centre punch?
  • Lifted from Viz

IMG_0055.JPG
    895 x 2181 - 1M
  • Take photos at every stage when you take things apart. That way, when you reassemble, you won't end up with a lot of head scratching and a pile of these:

• Always use the correct tools for the job. Never rush to finish a job.
  • YouTube.

Then Redtube when you realise you'll never be able to do it.
  • Always keep a first aid kit handy.
  • Always follow this bloke's advice.