Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017

DA9 said:

I can see a £5 all tickets promotion for this one.

DA9 said:

Think that will not be allowed, FA rules.
    Understand our fans wanting £5 ticket prices yet got to remember that Truro will have a say themselves - We'll probably want to charge £10 whilst they'll want us to charge as much as possible... this match is a understandably a goldmine for them and the more money they get from this, the more they'll be able to challenge in years / leagues to come
    thequicker they'll get to the premier league than us. ;)

• Options
    Seb's already planning his holiday for the extremely long away trip for the replay
  • Options
    I remember when we played Burton Albion in the cup at the Valley, and they placed a big beer bottle on the pitch before the game, think we scored seven goals that day.
  • Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Understand our fans wanting £5 ticket prices yet got to remember that Truro will have a say themselves - We'll probably want to charge £10 whilst they'll want us to charge as much as possible... this match is a understandably a goldmine for them and the more money they get from this, the more they'll be able to challenge in years / leagues to come
    At the same time they would get most of their money from the Charlton fans turning up, charge too much and your putting off the fans not bothered about the cup.
  • Options
    A massive match for Truro, a midweek replay would be a good test of the ground completists amongst us though! Devon in August is more appealing than Cornwall in October/November...
  • Options
    Don't underestimate them.a few years ago they played in the jewsons hacksaw 2 nd south western division.got taken over by a guy who wanted league football and now they are knocking on the door...just saying.
  • Options

Saunders makes a good call that it could be on TV

No way.

Looking at it the live games should be from:

Hyde v MK Dons
    East thurrock/Ebbsfleet v Doncaster
    Shaw Lane v Mansfield
    Boreham Wood v Blackpool
    Dartford v Swindon
    Solihull/Ossett v Wycombe

and maybe Luton v Portsmouth (2 well supported sides)
  • Options
    It won't be us on TV
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

At the same time they would get most of their money from the Charlton fans turning up, charge too much and your putting off the fans not bothered about the cup.
    Realistically, how many fans would/could they bring?

I get the point over them wanting to maximise their take of the gate money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Exactly which is why I reckon prices will be around £10 - £20
  • Options
    1.500 from Truro
    5000 gate max
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2017

CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I'd be very surprised if it were anything above £10, £20 is way too much, I certainly wouldn't pay it.

Hopefully we'll have a Truro fan in peace sign in and give us an opinion
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    DA9 said:

CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

This is the problem with the tie being at the Valley

Reckon had it been @ Truro then you'd have had the whole of Cornwall wanting a ticket, as it is you might get 1,000 / 2,000 choosing to come up - The possibility of it being on TV will delay a lot of people buying tickets I reckon; if so the match will surely either be Friday / Monday night or Saturday Midday - Cant see as many travelling all that way for that sort of kick-off other than their regular followers
  • Options
    DA9 said:

CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Their average crowd this season is 467!
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if best part of 1,000 rocked up .,..no joke.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

CAFCTrev said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I'd be very surprised if it were anything above £10, £20 is way too much, I certainly wouldn't pay it.

Hopefully we'll have a Truro fan in peace sign in and give us an opinion
    Exeter did it with us for the League Cup though and they're a fan owned club... Annoyingly nor can I remember how much I paid when we beat Halifax 4-0 in our League One winning year

I wont go either if its £20 though and also believe its too much
  • Options
    That's knowing they get 500 / 750 for home games
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    100% agree that it wont be on TV - would have been if we'd been away to them. Hopefully they will fill out The Jimmy Seed stand but they might only bring 1500 or so (no idea what they get for home games) . I reckon we'll sell around 6k-7k home seats (me & Golfie Jnr will be going) but I doubt that we'll get into 5 figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saunders makes a good call that it could be on TV

No way.

Looking at it the live games should be from:

Hyde v MK Dons
    East thurrock/Ebbsfleet v Doncaster
    Shaw Lane v Mansfield
    Boreham Wood v Blackpool
    Dartford v Swindon
    Solihull/Ossett v Wycombe

and maybe Luton v Portsmouth (2 well supported sides)
    Hyde v MK Dons is a dead cert... look at the BBC coverage after the draw and this is the game they're banging on about.

Boreham Wood v Blackpool is another I'd possibly pick as well

You've also got Cambridge v Sutton which they could choose based on how well the latter did last season... For some reason TV Companies always tend to go for a match / team that have done well in the past and expect EVERY match in the future to be the same (i.e. Look at Newcastle v Liverpool - Its always picked by SKY just because of that 4-3 match about 20-years ago)
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Phillips
    Barnes Bauer Sarr Page
    Konsa JFC
    Marshall Reeves Aribo
    Best

Oppo:
    Penvenen
    Poldark Poldark Poldark (cap'n) Poldark
    Carne Enys Carne
    Henshawe Warleggan Paynter (Jud)
    Physio: Dr Choake

I'll get me cloak, arrr
    Seriously; Truro dont stand a chance if they dont put King Arthur and Merlin in that side!!
  • Options

Wouldn't be surprised if best part of 1,000 rocked up .,..no joke.

Its the FA Cup... Fans always come out of the woodwork for their clubs in the First Round.

Is one thing that annoys me because then they cant be bothered to attend a League fixture!!
  • Options
    Interesting to see the TV Games from last season...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_FA_Cup#Broadcasting_rights

Lincoln in the Fifth Round were the first Non-League team drawn away from home to be shown on the TV

Our match dont stand a chance of being selected
  • Options

100% agree that it wont be on TV - would have been if we'd been away to them. Hopefully they will fill out The Jimmy Seed stand but they might only bring 1500 or so (no idea what they get for home games) . I reckon we'll sell around 6k-7k home seats (me & Golfie Jnr will be going) but I doubt that we'll get into 5 figures.

We got 4123 for Scunthorpe last season, then 4982 for MKD in the second round

Truro at least are new opponents, but I can't see them drawing in many more people than last season
  • Options
    Maybe 5,000 total? Around 1K from Cornwall.
  • Options

I take it you lot have never been to Barrow for football. Horrible place.

To call Barrow grim is to make it sound better than it is.