Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    They're 3rd in their league as well after 16 games so clearly doing something right.
  • Options
    I know it depends on who we play, but assume theres a big likelihood we will be on telly? In which case, it might be Friday/Sunday?
  • Options
    There are so many tantalising games there, Ebbsfleet,Bromley,Woking,Hartlepool,Maidstone,Dartford,Portsmouth,Gillingham,Dover, so whats the bets we end up with someone like.....Guiseley.?
  • Options
    Portsmouth and Gillingham aren't tantalising. Played them enough times in the past and they're in our division.
  • Options
    Probably be Tranmere Rovers away.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet away. 2 minute walk for me
  • Options
    Leatherhead away.
  • Options
    Dover away please
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm surprised many of you want an away match against a non league team.

Do we really want another Northwich Victoria on our hands live on the ITV Sunday Afternoon giant killers slot?

Granted we shouldn't come unstuck with the squad we have now compared to what we had then but this is Charlton in cup competitions :)

I'd take a bland MK Dons at home again and hope for the same kind of draw in the 2nd round to set us up for a big away game in the 3rd round.
  • Options
    Forest Green Rovers away, just for the veggie option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Truro away please
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Truro away please

Weirdo
  • Options

I'm surprised many of you want an away match against a non league team.

Do we really want another Northwich Victoria on our hands live on the ITV Sunday Afternoon giant killers slot?

Granted we shouldn't come unstuck with the squad we have now compared to what we had then but this is Charlton in cup competitions :)

I'd take a bland MK Dons at home again and hope for the same kind of draw in the 2nd round to set us up for a big away game in the 3rd round.

FA cup at home your having a laugh
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I've not been to any of these, so one of these will do.

1 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
    3 BARNET
    21 FOREST GREEN ROVERS
    24 LINCOLN CITY
    26 MANSFIELD TOWN
    28 MORECAMBE
    29 NEWPORT COUNTY
    50 SOLIHULL MOORS OR OSSETT TOWN
    52 SHAW LANE ASSOCIATION OR BARROW
    53 CHORLEY OR BOSTON UNITED
    54 AFC TELFORD UNITED
    55 GAINSBOROUGH TRINITY
    56 NANTWICH TOWN OR KETTERING TOWN
    57 GATESHEAD
    58 GUISELEY
    59 AFC FYLDE
    60 KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS
    61 HYDE UNITED
    62 MACCLESFIELD TOWN
    63 BRACKLEY TOWN OR BILLERICAY TOWN
    66 ALDERSHOT TOWN
    67 BATH CITY OR CHELMSFORD CITY
    68 OXFORD CITY
    69 MAIDENHEAD UNITED
    70 HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS
    71 WOKING OR CONCORD RANGERS
    72 TRURO CITY
    73 DOVER ATHLETIC OR BROMLEY
    74 SLOUGH TOWN
    75 DARTFORD
    76 BOREHAM WOOD
    77 MAIDSTONE UNITED OR ENFIELD TOWN
    78 LEATHERHEAD
    79 SUTTON UNITED
    80 EAST THURROCK UNITED OR EBBSFLEET UNITED
  • Options
    Dartford away please.
  • Options
    I would cut my right nad off and 365 miles each way for Truro away... please
  • Options

clb74 said:

Truro away please

Weirdo
    Spent too much time with elfs
  • Options
    My lad has played tournaments at East Thurrock (lovely pub opposite the ground) and Billericay.

Proper non league, would be a laugh and we might win.
  • Options

I've not been to any of these, so one of these will do.

1 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
    3 BARNET
    21 FOREST GREEN ROVERS
    24 LINCOLN CITY
    26 MANSFIELD TOWN
    28 MORECAMBE
    29 NEWPORT COUNTY
    50 SOLIHULL MOORS OR OSSETT TOWN
    52 SHAW LANE ASSOCIATION OR BARROW
    53 CHORLEY OR BOSTON UNITED
    54 AFC TELFORD UNITED
    55 GAINSBOROUGH TRINITY
    56 NANTWICH TOWN OR KETTERING TOWN
    57 GATESHEAD
    58 GUISELEY
    59 AFC FYLDE
    60 KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS
    61 HYDE UNITED
    62 MACCLESFIELD TOWN
    63 BRACKLEY TOWN OR BILLERICAY TOWN
    66 ALDERSHOT TOWN
    67 BATH CITY OR CHELMSFORD CITY
    68 OXFORD CITY
    69 MAIDENHEAD UNITED
    70 HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS
    71 WOKING OR CONCORD RANGERS
    72 TRURO CITY
    73 DOVER ATHLETIC OR BROMLEY
    74 SLOUGH TOWN
    75 DARTFORD
    76 BOREHAM WOOD
    77 MAIDSTONE UNITED OR ENFIELD TOWN
    78 LEATHERHEAD
    79 SUTTON UNITED
    80 EAST THURROCK UNITED OR EBBSFLEET UNITED

This
  • Options
    Always look forward to seeing who we will squeak past in the 1st round before taking the next lower league oppo for granted, getting embarassed, then watching as we miss out on a plum tie in the 3rd round... fantastic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be Truro City away. I'm down there the following Saturday so Sod's law and all that.
  • Options
    Difficult to work up any enthusiasm for a draw which doesn't offer the possibility of a trip to Huddersfield.

My lad has played tournaments at East Thurrock (lovely pub opposite the ground) and Billericay.

Proper non league, would be a laugh and we might win.

Went there to watch Tonbridge Angels in the play-offs the year before last. Would have thought it would rank as the most primitive stadium we've played a competitive match at in modern times, apart from The Den of course.
  • Options
    Swindon at home.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Just don't want an away trip up north. Home or away is fine, just somewhere in the south.

-Non league would be fun for the novelty and potentially new ground if an away game. Potential for nationally broadcast embarrassment though...
    -League Two or lower League One should be a pass into the next round but at least losing wouldn't be newsworthy.
    -Mid table League One or higher, bye bye to FA Cup for another season and we were concentrating on the League anyway.
  • Options
    I find it strange that there seems to be some genuine excitement about the prospect of playing a non league team. I hate games against non league teams. Unless we win by 5 or more, it's unremarkable but if we scrape through or worse it's bad to terrible news.

Maybe in the near future we can get back to starting in the Cup after Christmas and dreaming of playing Man U or the like.
  • Options

Maybe in the near future we can get back to starting in the Cup after Christmas and dreaming of playing Man U or the like but ending up with Huddersfield.

Amen to that.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for Gateshead away as I'm in Berwickshire that weekend. Amazingly, another cup draw was messed up over the weekend, the Scottish cup draw was scrapped and re done, Berwick originally drawn at Formantine but have ended up away at Arbroath in the re done draw.
  • Options
    the embarrassment of losing away to a non-league side on national TV looms.....
  • Options
    If I had to choose between losing against a Non-League team or getting promotion I'd choose the latter all day long.

Non-League teams are a part of what makes the English Football System so great and a cup run for any team like what Lincoln / Sutton had will help them immensely to survive for a good few more years to come.

As it is I think if a Non-League gets a draw against us they dont stand a chance... Our second string side involving players like Lapslie and Maloney played against a strong Crawley team and won, really wouldnt see a Northwich repeat.
  • Options
    Surely it'll be Oxford? Aren't they the new Huddersfield?