Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STACK STEVENS .. R I P

edited October 2017 in General Charlton
Age 77, an England and Lions prop forward, probably most famous for two famous (or one infamous if you're an RU fan) incidents ..

1) Scoring a try for England, when, totally against the odds, they became the first home union team to win in New Zealand, and that was as late as 1973

2) Following an England v France game in Paris, the teams were presented with goodie bags, which included a large bottle of expensive after shave .. Stack opened his right away, 'cheers' said he and chugged down the contents in one, a stomach pump was not required .. they do NOT make em like they used to ... SEE BELOW

Stevens was a mobile, ball carrying prop in the amateur era in which props rarely touched the ball, let alone scored tries .. R I P Stack

Comments

• Talk about give me a scare.

RIP

keep off the after shave .. and you'll live a long and happy life ((:>)
  • edited October 2017
    Good old Cornish prop forward was Stack before and after Harlequins and a deserved British Lion on the 1971 tour to New Zealand which we won.

RIP

Below the try referred to by @Lincsaddick

• wasnt it Colin Smart with the aftershave ?

RIP Stack
  • edited October 2017
    lolwray said:

wasnt it Colin Smart with the aftershave ?

RIP Stack

you're right .. how embarrassing (for me) and I was SOOOO sure it was Stack ((:<) .. Smart is still alive and well !!
  • Stack Stevens ...... total legend in Cornwall backalong.

People down here all have their own stories about him.

• Oggy Red said:

Stack Stevens ...... total legend in Cornwall backalong.

People down here all have their own stories about him.

except the one about the after shave lol :0)