Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

Comments

• "A" Its like something I've made and hung. The top is out of alignment.
  • They didn't even post it on the clubs Facebook page to give the many head in the sand sycophants on there something to rejoice without actually thinking.
  • Dear Kloob,

I have a suggestion. Why not buy a prolific L1 goal scorer instead, then have him stand at the entrance on his days off to say "Welcome to Valley Floyd Road"

Soapy J.
    (A Flemish version of this email is available on request)
  • Probably got it on the cheap from Alan Sugar, the work of the losing team on an Apprentice task.
  • Probably got it on the cheap from Alan Sugar, the work of the losing team on an Apprentice task.

"We've got 90 seconds left, quick can you draw us 5 designs for gates"
  • Not particularly enamoured with any of them to be honest but C is my choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think any of the designs are any good at all.
    Are there cost implications that mean the design is so naff?
    A plain gate is better than what has been put out so far and it would be cheaper.
  • Perhaps people can post more other club designs.

• I think they're a great idea but instead of the line 'my only desire' I have suggested taking lines from other popular Charlton songs. I've just emailed the club and recommend some different text

at the top of the gate should be:

'Charlton Athletic'

and then half way down the words:

'wooooooooooooooooooah you're shit, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'
  • My e-mail has been read by Charlie Kiddie at CAFC at 19.51.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

My e-mail has been read by Charlie Kiddie at CAFC at 19.51.

a 30 something CEO, teenagers on the subsbench, and a kiddie screening emails in the public relations department. Roland certainly likes them young.
    Allegedly.

I think he is more interested in sycophants no matter what age they may be. His approach seems to be ‘do you know how successful I am, well that’s it’
  • Can we call this gate gate?
  • It looks like a year 6 school project. Only one of the gates even mentions 25 years and if that's what this is about, surely this should be the focal point.
  • What concerns me with things like this, are they looking to stick around longer than we are hoping?

Why bother if you are looking to sell soon?
  • edited October 2017

100% guarantee you'd get better designs from a primary school classroom.
    Shame, because its a nice idea actually.

Robyn, the chicken mascot which looks like Sir Valiant has rammed his sword up his arse, suggests that might not be the case.

BTW it's quite difficult to find a definitive answer but it seems, as these will be over 2m tall, they'll probably need planning permission. I wonder if they know that? https://planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/20/fences_gates_and_garden_walls

I'd like a bronze gate, wrought iron is a bit meh.
  • Their incompetence truly has no limits.

Absolutely awful. Why not have a public competion and make the process inclusive and engaging ?

Just hope no one trusts her with the keys to the bloody gates.
  • “My only desire” is RD and KM go.
  • Well,well,well Charlton in lack of thought and planning shocker!
  • A. and B. are like watching a Teety Pie cartoon of him in the bird cage and thinking to yourself, "he could get through them bars if he wanted to"