Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster | Sat 14 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sarr and Konsa deserve to keep their place for me. We need the whole squad to be fighting for their place in the starting 11.
  • Options
    If Konsa is dropped following his performance at Fleetwood I wouldn't blame him for looking to move in January.

Unchanged side with the strongest bench in league one and a comfortable 4 .1 victory.
    COYR
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

3-0 Charlton win, start Reevesy imo harsh on Clarke but if he can only make 1 half/ 60 minutes feel would be better get 2 /3 up while he is on.

If he's fit, I would start with Clarke as he's proven within the the team format and match fit.

Reeves would be ideal to replace him for the last 20 minutes or so as defenders tire and the game opens up.

I do feel i might be a bit harsh on dropping Clarke, problem is even in a 5 minute cameo at fleetwood Reeves looks class above. The sooner we get him involved in the first team the better in my opinion. Clarke is a good player but Reeves will unlock defences and has that something extra, him and holmes will be too much for any side :)
    He is a class above, but remember we play again Tuesday night and a week Saturday. If Clarke has gotten over the knocks he had in the last 2-3 weeks I think he should start Saturday, and then potentially give Reeves a go on Tuesday or next Saturday.
    I think KR mentioned that he hopes Reeves and Marshall will start on Tuesday but not Saturday, they will be on the bench
  • Options
    Agree the team on the preview, konsa held back to replace solly on Tuesday.
    Bit of a long shot but going for a clean sheet at home, 2-0, Holmes and magennis
  • Options
    After/if we win, I expect Ferguson to moan at the press conference about our strength in depth

"When you see who they have on the bench, you realise how well we are doing to compete against some of the other teams in this division" etc
  • Options
    I like Konsa and think he should be first choice right back - but it is a long seasonand with two good players it would make sense to for the players themselves if they alternated. Konsa has been away with England which would have been both exciting and tiring, plus of course the travel.

If fit, I would play Solly Saturday and Konsa Tuesday.

That said, I enjoy watching Konsa so hope he plays Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I like Konsa and think he should be first choice right back - but it is a long seasonand with two good players it would make sense to for the players themselves if they alternated. Konsa has been away with England which would have been both exciting and tiring, plus of course the travel.

It's been so long since we had enough depth to ponder competition for places or rotating our squad. I think a lot of us are just baffled by it. "Wait you don't HAVE to pick the same team every week?!?!"
  • Options
    Seems like an eternity since the Fleetwood game , 2-0 to the Addicks .
  • Options
    Any chance it will bucket down on Saturday causing an abandonment when we’re 1-3 down?
  • Options
    This game will mark the end of threads about your penis or bins and the beginning if the serious business.

Also my first game of the season to we are bound to lose.

3-1 Charlton. Fosu Josh and Marshall (from the bench)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be my first game since Wigan, having missed Bury at home because I was on a stag do

2-1 to us
  • Options

Anyway, very good result last time out but I'm feeling pessimistic about this one - unsatisfactory 1-1 draw.

You are clearly on the road to recovery and could soon become outright positive if you now feel a draw makes you feel pessimistic. :-)
  • Options

This game will mark the end of threads about your penis or bins and the beginning if the serious business.

Welcome to CharltonLife... You must be new here ;)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

It's been so long since we had enough depth to ponder competition for places or rotating our squad. I think a lot of us are just baffled by it. "Wait you don't HAVE to pick the same team every week?!?!"
    True, but you do HAVE to pick the same formation every week !
  • Options
    Reeves and Marshall will not be starting on Saturday but will both be starting on Tuesday. I think Saturday's team will be.

Amos
    Solly, Konsa, Baeur, Da Silva
    Kashi, Forster- Caskey
    Fosu, Clarke, Holmes,
    Magennis
    Subs Phillips, Sarr, Aribo, Reeves, Marshall, Dodoo, Jackson.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Reeves and Marshall will not be starting on Saturday but will both be starting on Tuesday. I think Saturday's team will be.

Amos
    Solly, Konsa, Baeur, Da Silva
    Kashi, Forster- Caskey
    Fosu, Clarke, Holmes,
    Magennis
    Subs Phillips, Sarr, Aribo, Reeves, Marshall, Dodoo, Jackson.

Doesn't look too bad, another case of hard luck if Sarr is dropped he was a beast at Fleetwood. Deserves to keep his place and dont change a back pairing who worked well, Konsa also been away so more of a case to put him RB on Tuesday.
  • Options
    I'd like to see an unchanged starting Xl even if Solly is fit .. Solly is one of our own a 100%er and I love him dearly .. BUT he's having a hard time in Robinson's formation .. Konsa should stay in but if fit I suspect that Chris will return, which would be nice but a pity if yer no wot I meen
    Otherwise unchanged after a very good performance on the Fylde

Donny like a few teams in our league can run hot or cold, often on the same day .. if we retain any sort of consistency and apply attacking pressure, it should be a win .. but don't underestimate them, any team managed by a Ferguson will be a tough team to beat

CAFC2 v Doncaster Rovers 0
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton. Forster-Caskey and Josh to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heart says 2 - 0 Addicks.

Head says 1 - 1 frustration.
  • Options
    Prediction - Konsa to start.

There aren't that many days to Christmas and as we know, Roland likes nothing better than a New Year gift - to himself. But he needs clubs to be asking the big question "how much is that Konsa in the window?" So, for that reason, he has to be playing.
  • Options

There aren't that many days to Christmas and as we know, Roland likes nothing better than a New Year gift - to himself. But he needs clubs to be asking the big question "how much is that Konsa in the window?" So, for that reason, he has to be playing.

I'm just not convinced he's that involved anymore. I think he's lost interest. Don't get me wrong he wants the Konsa money. But I think his interest in all things football has wained significantly.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I'm just not convinced he's that involved anymore. I think he's lost interest. Don't get me wrong he wants the Konsa money. But I think his interest in all things football has wained significantly.
    It's like myself. I realised I was double shite at playing golf, in fact ridiculously clueless, hapless to the point of abject failure... so I gave it up! Now that is how Roland must feel about football.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

It's like myself. I realised I was double shite at playing golf, in fact ridiculously clueless, hapless to the point of abject failure... so I gave it up! Now that is how Roland must feel about football.
    Did you ever get round to selling your golf clubs though, Soapy?
    Or are they just rusting in a garage?
  • Options

HarryLime said:

SDAddick said:

Did you ever get round to selling your golf clubs though, Soapy?
    Or are they just rusting in a garage?
    Kept them out of spite. Eventually i will find the most incompetant relative i can pass them onto in my will. For now i just enjoy watching them rust and gather dust knowing full well the golfing world just never got my unique experimental approach to playing the game.
    Wow I'm afraid you're really not that different to Roland in that regard.

That said, I respect your dedication to spite.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I agree to a degree but Konsa is still nothing more than a commodity to him and that's what he deals in be it clubs, footballers, real estate etc etc. So I cannot believe that he hasn't passed the message on even if it has now been toned down to "if you can play him please do because I will re-invest some of it in a couple more players" as opposed to "you have to play him because I want a return".
  • Options
    Straight forward win
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Should be a home win but you just never know in this rotten league. Doncaster have momentum after a big win and the international break may have stalled ours. 1-1 draw and there is more frustration all round.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!