Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DIY PPI

Anyone done this successfully? Any tips?

Comments

• razil said:

Get the template letter from the Martin Lewis website. It also give you answers to some of the questions that are on the forms that the bank send you.
  • edited October 10

razil said:

Get the template letter from the Martin Lewis website. It also give you answers to some of the questions that are on the forms that the bank send you.
    Yes. The money saving expert site provides all the templates.

• Got a 5 figure pay out 4 years ago.

Didn't use any websites or model letters. Phoned Barclays and told them I wanted my money back plus a compensation settlement. They sent me a questionaire, I completed it. 6 weeks later they paid me over £14k.
  • I have always believed that I never had PPI on anything, but thinking about it further I know I had a Marks & Spencer storecard (not a credit card) many, many years ago where I did tick the payment protection box (a mate had been turned down and the only difference between the two applications was that box tick).

Although not a credit card, it would have been backed by M&S Financial Services. Anyone know if those are covered by this legislation? I had always assumed not.
  • I'm currently doing this and have got just under £5k back with very little effort. I just googled each of the companies that I remembered having loans or credit cards with, followed the procedures on their website, filled out a few forms and Robert's your fathers brother. Do not use any of the claims companies, it is incredibly easy to do it yourself.

PS - I had no paperwork for any of the cards or loans and that didn't matter at all.
  • Just used the Resolver site, that basically takes you through all the usual questions etc and then sends the email for you.

Easy. Hopefully I get something out of this.