Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Carry On Film.

I hated carry on films until, around 40, I suddenly got it. Or did I lose it?

What's your favourite Carry On movie? Why?

Or do you hate them, and why?

I think
Carry On Doctor
Carry on Screaming
Carry on Cowboy

are my favourites. Kenneth Williams is in all of them and the knowledge that he was frustrated straight (sic) actor just makes him funnier. Also the humour was so juvenile, puerile and silly it is quite innocent.

Comments

• Options
    Carry on screaming.

"Do you mind if I smoke?"

Utterly stupid.
  • Options
    Carry on abroad and camping are mine.

Carry on abroad the best.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Carry on screaming.

Utterly stupid.

..and wonderful. Giggling now thinking of it.
  • Options

Carry on abroad and camping are mine.

Carry on abroad the best.

The story behind the making of Carry on camping is hysterical.
  • Options
    Me & a mate watched carry on camping a couple of months ago, much funnier now than when I when I first watched them, Kenneth Williams gives a legendary performance in it
  • Options
    Mine is Carry on at your Convenience, which was one that failed at the box office apparently because of the strikes and unions at the time! But I love it
  • Options
    Screaming is the best by far . Still stands the Test of time while most of the others look terribly dated.
  • Options
    Abroad
    Convenience
    Behind
  • Options
    Why do all actors look so old and pervy in the 60s and 70s though?

Sure that some of them are younger than me now but looked 20 years older then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IdleHans said:

Carry on screaming.

Utterly stupid.

..and wonderful. Giggling now thinking of it.
    Also.....
    "I think we are at loggerheads"
    "No, this is "by the way", "loggerheads" is down the road"
  • Options
    Carry on whatever one is the shortest.

Absolute bobbins the lot of ‘em.
  • Options
    Camping is the best "My usual charge is ...a pound!"
    Convenience "Everybody out"
    Screaming "Frying tonight"

Well, they make me laugh anyway. Harmless postcard humour, eminently British.
  • Options
    Screaming - Fenella Fielding!
    Khyber - Sir Sydney Rough-Diamond. That's the first time I have ridden by cow, bullocks reverend, no its absolutely true.
    Follow that Camel - With Phil Silvers as Sergeant Knocker.

Guilty pleasures one and all.
  • Options
    They all seem the same to me. I really can't remember.
  • Options
    Carry On Up The Jungle
    Carry On Doctor
    are two of my favourites.

Has there ever been another group of actors who have made so may films together?

The jokes are so obvious but so funny. here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppadFdNpAI
  • Options
    Carry on up the Khyber and Carry on Cleo for me

I do like Carry on at your convenience as well, as for a Carry on film it's surprisingly satirical
  • Options
    Up The Khyber, there is no contest. The only Carry On to be nominated for both a BAFTA and Academy Award.
  • Options

Screaming - Fenella Fielding!
    Khyber - Sir Sydney Rough-Diamond. That's the first time I have ridden by cow, bullocks reverend, no its absolutely true.
    Follow that Camel - With Phil Silvers as Sergeant Knocker.

Guilty pleasures one and all.

Don’t lose your head and Follow that camel weren’t Carry On films when they first came out if I remember correctly, they had the Carry On it added to the name many years later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Screaming, Kyber, Cleo.
  • Options
    I have the box set and have watched every Carry On Film over the past couple of years.

As Peter Butterworth is my favourite Carry On actor, my first two faves are where he's at his best

1. Abroad
    2. Camping
    3. Up The Khyber
    4. Screaming
    5. Doctor
  • Options
    Carry on Nurse.

Still get a pang of disappointment when I go into a hospital and the nurses aren’t busty little sexpots in a proper 60s nurse uniform.
  • Options
    Cowboy for me. I did have quite a schoolgirl crush on Jim Dale.
  • Options
    'And swing...and fling'...

As a 9/10 year old, I must have worn out the pause button on the VHS trying to gaup at Bab's knockers!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

As a 19/20 year old, I must have worn out the pause button on the VHS trying to gaup at Bab's knockers!

• Options
    Agree with others regarding, Camping, Kyber, Convenience and Cleo but will throw in Carry on Behind. Schoolboy crush on Carol Hawkins.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

As a 9/10 year old, I must have worn out the pause button on the VHS trying to gaup at Bab's knockers!

Ha, ha. On holiday recently me and the missus would have a cuppa after breakfast every day whilst watching about 20 ridiculously fit, young Russian women doing a yoga session put on by the hotel, which involved exactly this.

Despite my prays it never happened...
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Ha, ha. On holiday recently me and the missus would have a cuppa after breakfast every day whilst watching about 20 ridiculously fit, young Russian women doing a yoga session put on by the hotel, which involved exactly this.

Despite my prays it never happened...
    The only prayer I would make in that situation would be for my missus to allow me to face in that direction.