Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COMPARISON STATS

As there is no Statbank this weekend I thought a comparison between Chris Powell's one hundred up season and the current one might be of interest, well it makes a change from knobs :)

Comments

• Options
    Unsurprisingly SCP's team ahead on most of metrics the that actually count.

I'd be interested to see a comparison with Parky's first season in charge ion League 1 when we narrowly missed out on automatic promotion as I think that is a more realistic season for us to try and emulate/improve on this year. Parky would probably be ahead right now though as we got off to a flyer that season.

Interesting that the average stat bank mark is higher this season, certainly backs up the idea we are easier on the eye than we have been for some time, even if we aren't as ruthlessly efficient at Powell's team was.
  • Options
    Are we on -1 GD this season?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Are we on -1 GD this season?

thanks Cabbles it is of course +4 and the table has been amended, sometimes I just don't understand spreadsheets
  • Options

I'd be interested to see a comparison with Parky's first season in charge ion League 1 when we narrowly missed out on automatic promotion as I think that is a more realistic season for us to try and emulate/improve on this year. Parky would probably be ahead right now though as we got off to a flyer that season.

Interesting that the average stat bank mark is higher this season, certainly backs up the idea we are easier on the eye than we have been for some time, even if we aren't as ruthlessly efficient at Powell's team was.

please remind me which season that was and I'll see if I have the stats
  • Options

please remind me which season that was and I'll see if I have the stats
    09/10, not sure if Statbank goes back that far. We finished fourth, 2 points behind Leeds in 2nd and 1 point behind the scum, then Nicky Bailey sent a penalty into orbit vs Swindon and it all ended up being for nothing.
  • Options
    thanks Exiled - yes I shall always remember that penalty. I don't have that season but I'll see if AFKA does.
  • Options
    Curiously the number of on target shots, by both us and the opposition are quite similarly, but the number of off target shots is massively up

43 on target opposition shots leading to 9 goals under Powell vs 48 this season, leading to 15 goals, which suggests that Elliot and Hamer were saving more shots than Amos...
  • Options
    The main thing I take from all that stats is that KR's one trick pony of 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) that he said is the way forward has been blown away by SCP playing 442 or at least with a tall striker (Benson & then Kermorgant) and a pacey small man (BWP) next to him.

Sorry Karl - until your team scores more goals then I'm not convinced.
  • Options

The main thing I take from all that stats is that KR's one trick pony of 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) that he said is the way forward has been blown away by SCP playing 442 or at least with a tall striker (Benson & then Kermorgant) and a pacey small man (BWP) next to him.

Hayes, not Benson.
  • Options
    This squad is pathetic compared to that one. If we make the play offs that is a brilliant outcome. I can’t stand Robinson, but that would be an achievement with this squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well we've had more shots under KR than under SCP, so the problem if anything has been in defence
  • Options
    Like comparing ice-chilled champagne with tepid tap water
  • Options
    The stats show Chris Powell's season was (so far) much tighter all-round in terms of performances e.g. goals and shots on/off for both sides which suggests more control and a deadlier strike-force. 136 shots against for KR and only 92 at the same time for CP. Plus 14 then and only plus 4 now also punctuates that and points to a weaker defensive unit. There is no attempt to assess the level of competition faced so far but I think we know we have played more below-average sides this season which may be slightly over-egging the current position.