Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 17s Football World Cup- October 6th- October 28th

1235»

Comments

• Options

Sorry to be cynical but how many of them will reach 5 premier league appearances at their current club? I'd guess 1 maybe 2.

Cynical. But accurate. As is FA in the post above - I said the same thing about the Spanish kids playing in the Prem in four or five years.
  • Options
    I reckon things will be different with the current crop of youngsters. They've proved by winning both world cups that the talent is there.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    What else pisses me off is the fact that the constant argument from fans is: "But the Premier League is the best League in the World so we want the best player"

Yes if we win the bloody Senior World Cup then England will have the best bloody players in the World meaning we'll have the best of both worlds!!

I think I said this after the last Qualifier but its also beginning to annoy me how the media / fans are getting on the backs of the current crop of Senior Players for not producing the goods by claiming that England haven't been performing for the last 20-years now - Its not the same bunch of players now that have been under performing for that time limit so shouldn't be tarred with the same brush... In fact what is a joke is the fact that each senior squad is getting blamed after each World Cup and Euros by the Group of Players who DID under perform 20-years ago and now appear to be getting away with that fact

i.e. In 20-years we'll no doubt have Jordan Henderson sitting in a BBC / ITV Studio moaning about how George Lapslie isn't doing good enough for England at the World Cup yet when he appears for Charlton against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final he's suddenly the best player on the pitch and is the sole reason that Charlton managed to win 5-0!!
  • Options
    Just watched it after recording it......fantastic stuff and really put a smile on my face.
    That lad Foden is some player........the next Gaza maybe?
  • Options
    Best performance from any England football team I have seen for decades. Heart warming to watch players not frightened to play passes forward and shoot from almost anywhere. Whether they will make it or not is a different discussion IMO. Joe Cole at a similar age would have fitted perfectly into this England team, but we managed to coach his individualism out of him so he could ‘make it’
  • Options

Best performance from any England football team I have seen for decades. Heart warming to watch players not frightened to play passes forward and shoot from almost anywhere. Whether they will make it or not is a different discussion IMO. Joe Cole at a similar age would have fitted perfectly into this England team, but we managed to coach his individualism out of him so he could ‘make it’

Most exciting game I've seen for a long time.
    Very surprised at the level of skill and fitness.
  • Options

I agree, but let's be honest about Hudson-Odoi's shooting, eh?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Just watched it after recording it......fantastic stuff and really put a smile on my face.

Foden is mustard. He played a few pre-season games for City and Guardiola was raving about him.

Let’s hope he and a few of the other players get a decent punt at first team football.

All this without Sancho from the group stages.

From a senior England squad perspective, I’m not convinced about Southgate at all, but given he was U21 Manager for a while, you would hope he gives youth a chance.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    a breakdown of the 63 players in the most recent English u17, u19 and u20 squads shows that Fleetwood and CAFC are the only clubs outside the premier league and championship which have provided players .. Chelsea provided a total of 14

figures provided by 'The Times'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Foden is mustard. He played a few pre-season games for City and Guardiola was raving about him.

Let’s hope he and a few of the other players get a decent punt at first team football.

All this without Sancho from the group stages.

From a senior England squad perspective, I’m not convinced about Southgate at all, but given he was U21 Manager for a while, you would hope he gives youth a chance.
    To be fair you could say he already is by calling up a lot of U21 players that he worked with

Only off the top of my head but Winks | Redmond | Ward-Prowse are three that definitely fall into that category