Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dasilva seems to be enjoying it here

Piece on the OS. Few selected quotes:

“I am learning a lot off my team-mates. There are a good bunch of lads in the dressing room. As soon as I came in, they were very welcoming.

“Another good thing is that there are quite a few young players in the team. That was good for me settling in, to be around people my age. I get along well with them.”

“I like to show my offensive side as much as I can, and affect the game. The style of play at Charlton is good for that. I can push on quite a lot down the left side.

“It’s as important is the defensive side of things. There are a lot of crosses and long balls going in to the box that need defending; a lot of aerial battles, second balls and knockdowns.

“You need to be ready to cover. That sort of defensive stuff goes on a lot and being switched on to that is important, and something I am improving at.”

Comments

• Options

“I am learning a lot off my team-mates. There are a good bunch of lads in the dressing room. As soon as I came in, they were very welcoming.

“Another good thing is that there are quite a few young players in the team. That was good for me settling in, to be around people my age. I get along well with them.”

“I like to show my offensive side as much as I can, and affect the game. The style of play at Charlton is good for that. I can push on quite a lot down the left side.

“It’s as important is the defensive side of things. There are a lot of crosses and long balls going in to the box that need defending; a lot of aerial battles, second balls and knockdowns.

“You need to be ready to cover. That sort of defensive stuff goes on a lot and being switched on to that is important, and something I am improving at.”

There's a few posters on here like that :wink:

Seriously it's encouraging that he seems to like being with us.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

There's a few posters on here like that :wink:

Seriously it's encouraging that he seems to like being with us.
    Think he must be enjoying playing regularly - also he's not alongside a bunch of cloggers.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed we can get promoted and get him on loan again next season in the champ, would be able to offer him football at championship level, a starting place and a familiar setting with a club and staff/players that he knows. Unless he thinks he can break into chelsea's first team i reckon this would be the best outcome for all parties.
  • Options

Fingers crossed we can get promoted and get him on loan again next season in the champ, would be able to offer him football at championship level, a starting place and a familiar setting with a club and staff/players that he knows. Unless he thinks he can break into chelsea's first team i reckon this would be the best outcome for all parties.

Was just about to say exactly this... I remember Spurs had a loan policy where they didnt like sending a loan player to the same team more than once (Which is why we struggled to get Obika back a second time) yet would surely make sense for Chelsea to do this to aid his development

i.e. Moves up a League and continues playing in a familiar squad - Whats not to like for them?
  • Options

Was just about to say exactly this... I remember Spurs had a loan policy where they didnt like sending a loan player to the same team more than once (Which is why we struggled to get Obika back a second time) yet would surely make sense for Chelsea to do this to aid his development

i.e. Moves up a League and continues playing in a familiar squad - Whats not to like for them?
    I can't see him ever playing for Chelsea - they have so many players out on loan I'm not sure what their plans are?
  • Options

I can't see him ever playing for Chelsea - they have so many players out on loan I'm not sure what their plans are?
    Yeah I'd be very surprised

Its a shame because he's like Chris Perry with his stature (i.e. Clubs should never try to exploit the lack of his height because it wont work) - He knows how to get forward quickly which is what a lot of England's Left-Backs can do but for me he can also defend as well

I wouldnt be surprised for him to have the same sort of career path as Ryan Bertrand
  • Options
    This young man has a very bright future in front of him.
    He seems to have a great attitude as well.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

I think he'll do well - be interesting to see who he ends up playing for.
  • Options

pettgra said:

I think he'll do well - be interesting to see who he ends up playing for.
    It would be nice if it was us. I am hoping for to much there.
  • Options

Their plan is probably to keep loaning him out until he's playing Championship or Premier League football and worth big money.

They'll then sell him when he's in his early-mid 20s. If he continues to improve they can always sign him back, the cost will be covered by other players like him they've sold at the time!