Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIDEO: How the fans first fought back

2»

Comments

• Options
    Excellent....really feel sad about West Ham ironically.....this put a whole new perspective on it...how moving the stadium affected so many businesses and the Wet Spam Geezer seemed like a top bloke. How football and stadia has changed since the 80's.....great piece of work by one and all.
  • Options
    Excellent. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

A young Northstandjoe having his say towards the end

One of those two young kids? I thought they were excellent. Two kids with a good grasp of what this regime is about.

Even more impressive given how long it took his old man to work it out :-)

ha ha I'll give you that one. Joe was the one in Maroon Lyle & Scott Jacket, he has class like his old man.

• Options
    Brought tears to my eyes and has convinced me that our fight to change ownership must continue.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Brought tears to my eyes and has convinced me that our fight to change ownership must continue.

I miss that donkey outfit, Pete.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/Bl7guc4rq5o

Eighteen months ago I was approached by a couple of Arsenal fans making a film about the football fanzine movement. It's taken a long while to come to fruition, but it's finally available to view. It's 41 minutes long, so be warned, but I think it's a really good production whatever you make of my contribution to it. There's a rare chance to see the chaos behind the scenes at VOTV HQ - as well as glimpses of quite a few familiar faces, including several Lifers.

When you say “Lifers” are we talking about felons?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

PeterGage said:

Haven't been home or away this season, but will attend, with donkey, at next protest
  • Options
    An excellent watch.

The West Ham bloke was just brilliant. I felt sorry for him - a part of him died leaving Upton Park. I hope he's found a place at the new stadium or at least in a pub where there are no fluffy people.

West Ham's stadium issue sums up why at least we can still be grateful that we're still at The Valley and not at some soulless new spanky stadium - thanks largely in part to Rick and VOTV which was featured at length on the video.

Surprising really that Arsenal didn't feature more seeing as it was made by a couple of Arsenal fans.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Davo55 said:

PeterGage said:

Haven't been home or away this season, but will attend, with donkey, at next protest
    With luck it will be a celebration not a protest ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An enjoyable watch. Sad in many ways but can you imagine how dilapidated some grounds, even The Valley, would be today if the revolution hasn't occurred.
  • Options
    Hex said:

An enjoyable watch. Sad in many ways but can you imagine how dilapidated some grounds, even The Valley, would be today if the revolution hasn't occurred.

Yes, but the shiny seats haven't made us happy.
  • Options

An excellent watch.

The West Ham bloke was just brilliant. I felt sorry for him - a part of him died leaving Upton Park. I hope he's found a place at the new stadium or at least in a pub where there are no fluffy people.

West Ham's stadium issue sums up why at least we can still be grateful that we're still at The Valley and not at some soulless new spanky stadium - thanks largely in part to Rick and VOTV which was featured at length on the video.

Surprising really that Arsenal didn't feature more seeing as it was made by a couple of Arsenal fans.

I may have an explanation for that. West Ham are the only London club that don't have a supporters Trust. Even the Spanners do, although it appears to be moribund. They have never organised themselves, never apparently been able to find a consensus that allows them to fight the indignities visited upon them by successive owners.

But there is a problem at Arsenal too. I learnt it as the Olympic Stadium Coalition was coming together. There is a Supporters Trust, but there is an alternative Independent Supporters Association , and they are at each others' throats and they seem to divide over the question of Wenger. The Trust guy is a very slippery character who seems to be angling for a job with the FAPL, and haughtily told us we would never get an inquiry. So as a fan base they too are unable to find a consistent voice.

• Options
    Great piece.
    Great also that we probably got the biggest slot on it - thanks to @Airman Brown .
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Are you still in touch with Dom Rick?...good to see him at the start of the bit on Charlton.
  • Options

Are you still in touch with Dom Rick?...good to see him at the start of the bit on Charlton.

Yes. Badger on here.
  • Options

Yes. Badger on here.
    Cheers Rick, I didn't know that.
  • Options
    Nice, well done Airman!