Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wedding Venues in the Herne Bay, Whitstable, Canterbury area.

Hi guys,

Looking to get married hopefully next year if i can, however me and my girlfriend are in a bit of a dilemma as to where to have the reception.

We are looking in the Herne Bay, Canterbury, Whitstable area, however we are on a rather strict budget. Most of the places we have looked at are around the 5-7k mark. We are looking at around £3k if we can.

I have thought about hiring out a pub for the day for example the Rose in Bloom in Whitstable (been to a wedding reception their before and loved it), however i am really looking for some suggestions if anyone can help - it would be greatly appreciated?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    the Lib club in Charlton.
  • Options
    I know a good wedding photographer :wink:
  • Options
    There’s a place near Margate my niece used a couple of years ago, very nice ( although they had just one bottle of ale behind the bar). I’ll ask her what it’s called and get back to you.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Try Judd's Folly in Faversham. My daughter got married there in July for around about the figure you're looking for.

Has about 25 rooms for guests and you can take over the whole place.
    *Edit - and the staff were excellent.
  • Options
    Had the whole day @ Charlton House... I know its not exactly in the Herne Bay / Canterbury area but paid around £1k for the venue hire (Ceremony and Reception) yet that was for a weeknight... Weekend did get more expensive but you got the venue for longer.

Congratulations on getting engaged (If you have already done so)
  • Options
    Try the Marine at Tankerton (Whitstable) it's Shepherd neame but has had a big recent refurb and is proper decent now. Excellent staff, Food etc and rooms of course.
  • Options

Had the whole day @ Charlton House... I know its not exactly in the Herne Bay / Canterbury area but paid around £1k for the venue hire (Ceremony and Reception) yet that was for a weeknight... Weekend did get more expensive but you got the venue for longer.

@ForeverAddickted I had my wedding at Charlton House, too. You’re not my wife, are you?
    Seeing that I've been posting on the "knob" threads I'd like to say... No
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted I had my wedding at Charlton House, too. You’re not my wife, are you?
    Seeing that I've been posting on the "knob" threads I'd like to say... No
    It could be a very modern marriage.
  • Options
    Anyway, back to the topic. Quex Park near Birchington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Marine is sound, depends what you are after in terms of numbers, catering etc but The Plough in Swalecliffe has a good function room and large car park, pretty good value from what I've heard, Boughton Golf Club as a larger venue good too.
  • Options

Try Judd's Folly in Faversham. My daughter got married there in July for around about the figure you're looking for.

Has about 25 rooms for guests and you can take over the whole place.
    *Edit - and the staff were excellent.

My father-in-law had his 70th there and the in-laws had their 50th Anniversary there and both occasions were very good.

• Options
    Push the boat out! You only get married once. My brother had one of his here:http://www.mountephraimgardens.co.uk/

Great venue.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Push the boat out! You only get married once. My brother had one of his here:http://www.mountephraimgardens.co.uk/

Great venue.

Someone's wife has got his charltonlife password...
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Great venue.

Cheers for pointing this out... Might have to take the Camera down there one day as find Gardens are a good place for some nice shots
  • Options
    Try looking at the two places in pegwell bay. One is the pegwell bay hotel, not sure of the other but both stunning venues.
  • Options
    The Minnis Bay Bar and Brassiere, it’s just been done up and has a lovely function hall above the pub. Fantastic views and sunsets. Great place for a wedding reception.
  • Options
    My daughter got married here last year, cracking venue.

http://www.marleybrookhouse.co.uk/#home
  • Options
    And if you need a video guy, I’m offering discounted rates to Charlton fans. 
  • Options
    L Block said:
    Hi guys, Looking to get married hopefully next year if i can, however me and my girlfriend are in a bit of a dilemma as to where to have the reception. We are looking in the Herne Bay, Canterbury, Whitstable area, however we are on a rather strict budget. Most of the places we have looked at are around the 5-7k mark. We are looking at around £3k if we can. I have thought about hiring out a pub for the day for example the Rose in Bloom in Whitstable (been to a wedding reception their before and loved it), however i am really looking for some suggestions if anyone can help - it would be greatly appreciated? thanks
    Where did you go for in the end our of interest L Block? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrs is a hair and makeup artist. She would do your wife to be a very very good deal  as she makes the transition from doing mainly destination weddings to getting more weddings in the UK.

Have you tried here - https://www.gettingmarriedinkent.co.uk/

Mrs website - https://www.kerrielangfield.com/
  • Options
    The Marine is sound, depends what you are after in terms of numbers, catering etc but The Plough in Swalecliffe has a good function room and large car park, pretty good value from what I've heard, Boughton Golf Club as a larger venue good too.
    I know the new landlady in there 
  • Options
    Couple of friends got married at East Quay in Whitstable last year, really nice, got a deal on accommodation as well, and all in one location with great views 

http://www.eqvenue.com/
  • Options
    He asked this question in October 2017 for the following year, so i'm guessing he is well married by now. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    He asked this question in October 2017 for the following year, so i'm guessing he is well married by now. 
    Yeah saw that but must take any opportunity to plug my business and website where I can.
    I'm generally crap at marketing and I'm trying to get better. 
  • Options
    Oh yeah lol
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Or he made the sensible decision to go to Vegas instead and so spend the money on Booze and Women, wasting the rest
  • Options
    The Lobster Shack in Whistable has now got a place called East Quay which is a wedding venue. It’s actually refurbished and attached to the Lobster Shack. Ladies name is Clare Potten 01227 772157 info@eqvenue.com.