Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When do you put your bins out?

I'm not that keen about discussing the size of my member on a public forum, but in the spirit of getting to know every minute detail of peoples lives on here, when do you put your bins out?
Me on a Wednesday night before going to bed.
Big night tonight, can't wait. Bring it on.

Comments

• Options
    Jesus. :tired_face:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    People who put their rubbish out for collection the night before are brave souls.

I put my black bags out the night before once and left home the next morning to find the foxes had enjoyed themselves - Because of that I always put them out on a Thursday morning these days
  • Options
    last night for me for collection today, will bring them back in when I get home. Greenwich still do weekly for all three bins but my neighbours across the road (Lewisham) are up in arms as they are switching to fortnightly for some soon and believe they charge now annually for weekly garden waste collection.
  • Options
    My son has gone away to uni and that can be a hard time for a parent.

Especially on Sunday nights when he's not around to put the bins out as that was one of his jobs.

• Options
    Live in a block of flats so don't have to put them out at all
  • Options
    Tuesday evening, recycling is still once a week but the general waste is every fortnight.

• Options
    These deep searching question continue to flow...I can’t wait for someone to ask what is your favourite colour...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red, of course!
  • Options
    iron bru orange
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

These deep searching question continue to flow...I can’t wait for someone to ask what is your favourite colour...

I've always quite liked Dark Blue
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.
  • Options
    Thursday nights.
    Lewisham is switching to fortnightly this week on non-recyclable, non-food waste. Food waste is new and recycling covers paper, card, tins, bottles, glass, plastic food containers.
    If Rob7Lee's neighbours are up in arms about it, they either don't bother recycling or don't understand it. I can't imagine how you can fill a wheelie bin with non-recyclable stuff in a fortnight unless you breed Great Danes or something.
    The garden waste was a new collection they introduced last year, so it has always been something you pay for. Or you can drive it to the dump for free.
  • Options
    Hasn't the football season started?

Save gold like this for July!
  • Options
    Never

I don't put the bins in
  • Options
    Tuesday's and Thursday's though we have 3 bins so they rotate... For instance:
    Week 1
    Tuesday is regular waste,
    Thursday is recycling
    Week 2
    Tuesday is garden waste
    Thursday is regular waste
    Week 3
    Tuesday is then recycling
    Thursday is garden waste...

Easy right? I just look at what the neighbours have put out.
  • Options
    Wednesday night for Thursday morning.

After our bottle/can/plastic recycle tubs went missing, I've invested in the the number stickers on sale in Home Bargains (god I love that shop for all the house cleaning stuff!) and spent 10 mins labelling up all our bins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Friday morning as I leave for work.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Easy right? I just look at what the neighbours have put out.

This, this and this. Can never remember what goes out every week. Just copy the neighbours.

• Options
    We are talking rubbish again, on here
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Tuesday night ready for weds morn, my fookers come too early to do it in the morning. Mind you, bung em a score and they'll save me a trip to the dump! I've even seen them putting the recycling in the general waste truck, these lot are ravenous for their rubbish . Do they get paid on weight??
  • Options
    How has this thread received 25 comments? (doh - 26 now).

While I'm here - Monday night for Tuesday collection - alternating weekly between general rubbish and recycled/garden rubbish.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We are talking rubbish again, on here

We've bin over all of this before. You can't trash people's opinions just because they don't agree with you. I refuse to let it happen. I won't let you recycle the same arguments and waste all of our time.

That’s pure garbage!
  • Options
    The thread that's got everybody talking... :smiley: