Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Slovenia & Lithuania

167891012»

Comments

• £100k a week is surely enough. If he is enjoying his football, why move?

Trophies
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

So presumably now we've qualified, Kane will be rested on Sunday and wrapped in cotton wool like all strikers at big clubs...

Watch Southgate flog him for another 90 mins!

Group wrapped up. Was there any need to play Kane for 90 minutes? Can understand first 45 maybe but not the entire game in a dead rubber. Southgate is clueless. Entirely predictable though.

Anyway, enough of the moaning.

Winks was outstanding. Absolutely no surprise for me as I've sen enough of him already to know the boy is going to be a star. Dont think he misplaced a pass all night long. A la Modric. In that form, I'd have him starting centre-mid for Spurs ahead of the likes of Wanyama and Dier alongside a fully fit Dembele.

Dele Alli is still desperately searching for some form. Looking desperately short of fitness, touch and attitude right now. Disappointing for club and country.
    Don't worry - he'll find it soon enough. In fact, as soon as his new agent tells him that Real Madrid want to sign him.

Tbh, its been like we've been playing with 10 men at times this season, he's been a total passenger. We've looked better when Eriksen and Son have been playing in behind Kane.
    Tbh if I was in your shoes what would concern me much more is the future of Harry Kane.

Now we all now footballers wages are obscene so bear with me when I say what on earth is Kane doing sticking around your place earning £100k a week when he could surely triple his wages overnight with the form he is currently in.

Can't really see Daniel Levy loosening the purse strings too much and much as Harry "is one of your own" and clearly loves the club, I suggest you enjoy him whilst you can as he surely won't be there much longer.
    Levy was never one was splashing out anyway, even less likely to do so now they've got a new stadium to pay for.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

So presumably now we've qualified, Kane will be rested on Sunday and wrapped in cotton wool like all strikers at big clubs...

Group wrapped up. Was there any need to play Kane for 90 minutes? Can understand first 45 maybe but not the entire game in a dead rubber. Southgate is clueless. Entirely predictable though.

Winks was outstanding. Absolutely no surprise for me as I've sen enough of him already to know the boy is going to be a star. Dont think he misplaced a pass all night long. A la Modric. In that form, I'd have him starting centre-mid for Spurs ahead of the likes of Wanyama and Dier alongside a fully fit Dembele.

Dele Alli is still desperately searching for some form. Looking desperately short of fitness, touch and attitude right now. Disappointing for club and country.
    Don't worry - he'll find it soon enough. In fact, as soon as his new agent tells him that Real Madrid want to sign him.

Tbh, its been like we've been playing with 10 men at times this season, he's been a total passenger. We've looked better when Eriksen and Son have been playing in behind Kane.
    Tbh if I was in your shoes what would concern me much more is the future of Harry Kane.

Now we all now footballers wages are obscene so bear with me when I say what on earth is Kane doing sticking around your place earning £100k a week when he could surely triple his wages overnight with the form he is currently in.

Can't really see Daniel Levy loosening the purse strings too much and much as Harry "is one of your own" and clearly loves the club, I suggest you enjoy him whilst you can as he surely won't be there much longer.
    Yes, between you and me, Karl Robinson is going to put in a cheeky bid in January.
  • Laddick01 said:

I know everyone in the team has their faults , but how depressing must it be playing in a team built around Jordan Henderson. Southgate will never drop him sadly.

If there was a better option then of course he would but in the grand scheme of things playing a holding midfielder who plays week in week out for one of the premier leagues top 5 teams isn't that bad
    cafctom said:

The Premier League's reliance on foreign players has absolutely decimated the chances of the England team.

Infact, the "English" Premier League is doing more for the likes of the France, Spanish, Brazilian sides than it is for ours'.

Don't agree with this at all. It's not as if we were regularly getting to the last 4 of tournaments before the premier league started. In fact the summer just before the premier league was formed we finished bottom of our group at Euro 92 and we didn't even qualify for the 94 world cup.
    Obviously we all remember Euro 96 with home advantage (which could've been so very different if we'd lost to spain), but then at the 98 world cup we went out in the 2nd round and at Euro 2000 we again didn't get out of the group.

If our players were good enough they would start ahead of foreign players, but the fact is they're quite often not.
    But we were producing players that were absolutely capable of winning tournaments and the England side was very tough to get into. It was seen as the ultimate achievement for a player.

Nowadays we have players in the England squad who find it easier to get into the national team than to regularly start for a top Premier League team.

20 years ago you would have never had a player get an England call-up after four Premier League starts.....
  • Scoham said:
    If he does this he'll earn a lot more respect from me. Every time I've seen us in this formation we look slightly more threatening and impressive than the 4231 snooze fest he usually plays

300k a week is a lot more, plus he won't win dick all at spurs.

100k a week is enough............until a bigger more successful club offer you 300k.

Besides in a world where the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lingard are now reportedly on 100k+, he can certainly get more.
  • Yes but maybe football is more important to him than money - £100k a week is over £5m a year. You can always earn more and I'm sure he will move on to bigger club at the right time when football decrees it rather than money. Good on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he has a good season (which looks likely) and does well at the world cup (which knowing England is probably unlikely), i think Spurs will have a tough job keeping him there next season. They couldn't keep Walker and Rose reportedly wants away too, so at some point Kane will surely get the hump.

Any bid close to 200m, which seems ridiculous but at todays prices you never know, has to be tempting for Levy as that's over a quarter of their stadium paid off in one go.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You know what, I'm not in the slightest bit worried about Kane. I'm more worried about Alderweirald and Eriksen.

He'll no doubt get offered yet another pay rise in the not too distant future.
    If the likes of Kylian Mbappe is moving for £170-180m after only one decent season, we can be pretty sure if Kane goes it will be for silly money. They will have to deal with Levy for a start.

So if he stays, great. If he doesnt, cha ching.
  • If he has a good season (which looks likely) and does well at the world cup (which knowing England is probably unlikely), i think Spurs will have a tough job keeping him there next season. They couldn't keep Walker and Rose reportedly wants away too, so at some point Kane will surely get the hump.

Any bid close to 200m, which seems ridiculous but at todays prices you never know, has to be tempting for Levy as that's over a quarter of their stadium paid off in one go.

Walker and Rose are both Northern, while Kane is a local lad, so his ties with Spurs are probably stronger. Playing at the new stadium next season might be a draw for him too?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You know what, I'm not in the slightest bit worried about Kane. I'm more worried about Alderweirald and Eriksen.

If the likes of Kylian Mbappe is moving for £170-180m after only one decent season, we can be pretty sure if Kane goes it will be for silly money. They will have to deal with Levy for a start.

One of the most ridiculous transfer rumours i've ever read.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/651254/Real-Madrid-News-Gareth-Bale-Karim-Benzema-Luka-Modric-swap-deal-Harry-Kane-Gossip
  • I agree. They tend to forget about the £250k-300k a week wages the three of them are on.

Would have Bale and Modric back in a heartbeat though, whether they're injury prone or legs have gone.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I agree. They tend to forget about the £250k-300k a week wages the three of them are on.

Would have Bale and Modric back in a heartbeat though, whether they're injury prone or legs have gone.
    I didn't really rate Modric until I saw him in the flesh against us in the FA cup, granted we didn't have a very good team at the time but what he did was totally effortless and changed the game completely
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

One of the most ridiculous transfer rumours i've ever read.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/651254/Real-Madrid-News-Gareth-Bale-Karim-Benzema-Luka-Modric-swap-deal-Harry-Kane-Gossip
    It’s in the Daily Star - what do you expect?!?