Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Behind door friendlies this week

Comments

• Options

dickplumb said:

According to elsewhere Ishmael Miller is training with us.

Sounds about right... For Sarr to play well the other day he had to be released from Miller's pocket somehow after being in there since that Huddersfield game
    Miller was a beast of a player on his day.

How fit and/or motivated is he now though?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Sounds about right... For Sarr to play well the other day he had to be released from Miller's pocket somehow after being in there since that Huddersfield game

How fit and/or motivated is he now though?
    He's only 30 and despite only playing three games for Bury last season he appeared 34 times for Huddersfield the year before.

He'd be a great backup for Magennis as the sole Striker yet going by those stats makes me wonder if he's maybe being helped to get back to fitness after injury perhaps?
  • Options
    If, and it's a very big if given the source, what happens to Dodoo?

I guess the loan deal means he has to be on the bench.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Can't wait for the next matchy at the Valley-ey.

Nice one @Chizz y
  • Options

dickplumb said:

On his day Miller was an absolute pain to play against. He bullied many a tougher center back than Sarr.

Think having him training with us is good. If he's fit and motivated he could really do a job at this level. Plus, having him on trial means we get a chance to evaluate him and decide if he's worth a contract. As mentioned earlier, an absolute handful on his day. Big and strong and quick (at least he used to be, don't know how much of his pace has gone).

Regarding what happens with Dodoo, he fights for his place on the bench. Josh will not play every game between now and January and it'd be good for Dodoo to have some competition.
  • Options
    Unless because of injuries (touch wood they wont happen) I dont think we'll see Dodoo again.

He was a rushed in Striker because we needed someone / anyone and I cant see how he'd have been scouted properly before we made the approach for him... I remember from Deadline day that Dodoo was being linked with everyone and wonder if we did a deal with Rangers that we'd sign him IF we couldnt sign someone else; Godden's deal fell through so we had a choice... Activate the loan deal for Dodoo or get no one else.
  • Options
    Dodoo will be on the bench for a while yet.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Whether he's used is another question...
  • Options
    Hanlan scored for Colchester the other day and Umerah scored for Wycombe at the weekend.
    Doesn't prove a lot, but as our own players in the absence of a big signing I don't understand how Dodoo would be ahead of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    For Miller to play only 3 games last season, was he injured or just out of favour?
  • Options
    Ishmael Miller was highly thought of many years ago but has since shown he has no desire, no passion and has fallen out of favour several times.

39 goals in 12 years in 227 appearances make him someone I would struggle to get excited about.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Swisdom said:

Ishmael Miller was highly thought of many years ago but has since shown he has no desire, no passion and has fallen out of favour several times.

39 goals in 12 years in 227 appearances make him someone I would struggle to get excited about.

Interesting comments on the Bury Board when he signed for them last October...

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/27294-ishmael-miller/&

Flitcroft has a poor record when it comes to this type of signing. Miller missed the equivalent of a season because of cruciate ligament damage. He isn't a prolific scorer. I'm not expecting much. I hope he is bright enough to grab this opportunity to continue his career.
    - - - -
    I would say he is at least 18 pounds overweight. There is no way he should be on the pitch for a month at least unless we are really desperate. I would prefer a fit and keen Hope personally!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Hanlan scored for Colchester the other day and Umerah scored for Wycombe at the weekend.
    Doesn't prove a lot, but as our own players in the absence of a big signing I don't understand how Dodoo would be ahead of them.

Before deadline day, Robinson was making noises about hoping to sign a forward who offered "something different" to what we already had in the squad.

I guess that's Dodoo.

I don't believe he was ever intended as Novak's replacement - that was meant to be Godden, the deal that fell through in the last hour of the transfer window.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

Before deadline day, Robinson was making noises about hoping to sign a forward who offered "something different" to what we already had in the squad.

I guess that's Dodoo.

I don't believe he was ever intended as Novak's replacement - that was meant to be Godden, the deal that fell through in the last hour of the transfer window.
    Yes, it's unfortunate for Dodoo that he's arrived as our only other striker and cover for Josh, rather than the "wildcard" 3rd striker, to offer something else from the bench, as it puts a lot more pressure and expectation on him
  • Options
    My recollection of Miller is that he had a falling out with Gary Johnson at Yeovil and refused to play for them any more, and then I notice that he simply didn't show up to sign for Blackpool - sounds like someone who could be disruptive?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Don't you mean Dodsey?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Don't you mean Dodsey?
    Doody?
  • Options
    Any news on today's game against Ipswich?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

dickplumb said:

How fit and/or motivated tall is he now though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Any news on today's game against Ipswich?

Look like a good 3-0 win...

• Options
    Sounds like Marshall is easing himself back in nicely...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Mark Marshall netted an eye-catching double this afternoon in a friendly that Ben Reeves also featured in.

https://t.co/HGv3uERA16

A bit weird that Ipswich are wearing shirts with no sponsors, while we are wearing shirts with the "academy" sponsors, I guess it's treated as an U23s fixture?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Sounds like Reeves is struggling to add anything...

Mark Marshall nets a double in behind-closed-doors friendly; Ben Reeves also features

How is this man so unfit... 30 mins! seriously.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Reeves secretly is 50...

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I thought that he played quite a lot of his career on the flanks which would obviously affect his scoring ratio. Might be wrong though.
  • Options
    Marshall was replaced on the hour mark and the Addicks made it 3-0 five minutes later when Freddy Yao picked out the bottom corner from just inside the box and that is how the scoring stayed.

No mention of the other trialists only Freddy Yao