Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky q

2»

Comments

• Options

Contacted Sky today to activate the 1571 voicemail service. I'm already paying £109 per month for full TV package with Sky Q, broadband and phone and they want to charge an extra £1.25 per month for this!

Why would you want 1571? No one uses landlines at home these days do they?
  • Options
    Getting Sky Q installed next week but it's only the 1tb box which I believe is not capable of showing UHD content. Does anyone have the 1tb box? Any good?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Getting Sky Q installed next week but it's only the 1tb box which I believe is not capable of showing UHD content. Does anyone have the 1tb box? Any good?

Why only the 1tb box ?

• Options

ChiAddick said:

Why only the 1tb box ?

Was free. 2tb was '£199. I'm a new customer so just went with it. Got a good deal package wise but only applied to the 1tb box.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

ChiAddick said:

Why only the 1tb box ?

Was free. 2tb was '£199. I'm a new customer so just went with it. Got a good deal package wise but only applied to the 1tb box.
    Push your luck and say you only want UHD tv so lower price or you’re out.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I paid £25 up front (£15 setup and £10 router delivery) and pay £85 a month for everything (All channels except BT but have a 2TB Box and a mini hub, Sky Fibre Max). Just say you are looking to switch from Virgin. They even set my Sky Go up a month before my December install date so I can use it now.
  • Options
    I have just secured a full package of channels HD , phone with unlimited calls , fibre Max Broadband , Sq Q 2TB plus mini hub for £95.79 per month with no install fee for the Sky Q
  • Options
    Can the Sky Q support more than 2 mini boxes yet? When I got mine 18 months ago they couldn't yet do it - they said it was something there had to iron out a few hitches with. My 2 miniboxes are fine but I want to go to 4 now
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Can the Sky Q support more than 2 mini boxes yet? When I got mine 18 months ago they couldn't yet do it - they said it was something there had to iron out a few hitches with. My 2 miniboxes are fine but I want to go to 4 now

Do you have the q2tb box or 1tb? Thought the 2tb could handle 4.
  • Options
    2tb but at launch it was restricted to 2 mini boxes. I’m wondering if I’ve missed a memo stating it can do 4 now. unlike Sky to miss an opportunity to get more money from me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've joined the revolution, only done it as it saves me 6 quid a month and I've kept my bill sustainable for now

The ipod style directional swivel thing got switched off immediately and I'm trying to remember all the shit I had recorded and series linked from the other box to download. Seems decent thus far and I've now got a 1tb box and a slightly smaller one for sale on eBay.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've joined the revolution, only done it as it saves me 6 quid a month and I've kept my bill sustainable for now

The ipod style directional swivel thing got switched off immediately and I'm trying to remember all the shit I had recorded and series linked from the other box to download. Seems decent thus far and I've now got a 1tb box and a slightly smaller one for sale on eBay.

Yeah we joined it last month, takes a bit of getting used to but very decent and a good improvement. Think we are paying less with it now too (family home), only annoying thing is other people can delete on their box my programmes was not happy but found it somewhere in the end. Just make sure whoever records down to them to delete.
  • Options

Carter said:

Yeah we joined it last month, takes a bit of getting used to but very decent and a good improvement. Think we are paying less with it now too (family home), only annoying thing is other people can delete on their box my programmes was not happy but found it somewhere in the end. Just make sure whoever records down to them to delete.
    You can retrieve deleted programs with Sky Q. Well, unless they go and delete it from the deleted items, in which case it’s being done to piss you off!