Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shooting incident in Vegas

Breaking news - near Mandalay Bay

Reports of multiple casualties

Comments

• Options
    This sounds like carnage.

Incidents at New York New York and Tropicana as well.

Stay safe everyone. Another one that's going to feel very real having been there so often.

FFS.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    very sad, heading out there a week on Saturday, couple of the people goings 1st time, end of the day you cant let these assholes win, i follow dan blizerian on instagram and he was videoing as it went on and his words were; "some girls just been shot in the head, fuck this im going to get a gun and going back"

as always no surrender to these absolute oxygen theifs.

somehow on twitter trump is already being blamed - which is pathetic imo.

how many more of these attacks need to happen?

RIP to any victims of yet another needless attack.
  • Options
    WSS said:

very sad, heading out there a week on Saturday, couple of the people goings 1st time, end of the day you cant let these assholes win, i follow dan blizerian on instagram and he was videoing as it went on and his words were; "some girls just been shot in the head, fuck this im going to get a gun and going back"

This really is one we need to wait and see (like all). America's gun problems mean this really could be nothing to do with religion etc.

Terrorism regardless.
    possibly, but i know what the likely outcome is, just the 3 terrorist attacks this weekend, marseille, edmonton and vegas ( if it is )
  • Options
    any mass meeting of people is vulnerable to either a terrorist attack or an attack from a madman with no political allegiance, just a fucked up brain and moral set ..
    all 'the authorities' can do is to be as vigilant and responsive as possible to keep the public safe ..

easy to say, perhaps more difficult to achieve .. DO NOT let the bastards win

the terrorists and nutters want us walking around scared, looking over our shoulders for potential attackers, terrified of the shadows, wary of strangers .. cliché time ..

'Keep Calm and Carry On'
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Got a friend at the concert, still waiting to hear if she's OK....I feel sick.
  • Options

Got a friend at the concert, still waiting to hear if she's OK....I feel sick.

Sorry mate, hope she's ok :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard 20+ people have died, sad sad news
  • Options

Just heard 20+ people have died, sad sad news

Surely not. I really hope not.
  • Options
    Yep, confirmed. 20 dead with 100 injured. Terrible terrible world we live in

RIP to all those killed.
  • Options
    RIP

That is dreadful, I can't imagine the terror for those there.
  • Options

I'm not sure Dan Blitzerian is a particularly reliable source....
    well he was at the concert when it happened, because on his instagram he filmed it, so probably more reliable than most i would think.
  • Options
    sky news.

20 people have been killed and more than 100 have been injured.

police confirming that they had "downed" a suspect.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    More than twenty people have been killed and at least 100 injured in a mass shooting at a Las Vegas concert.

A gunman opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel toward an open-air music festival being held close by.

Police said a suspect identified as a local resident, who was not named, had been shot and killed by officers.

They said they were looking for a companion travelling with the suspect as a "person of interest".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116
  • Options

well he was at the concert when it happened, because on his instagram he filmed it, so probably more reliable than most i would think.
    Hopefully he'll go out and buy some more guns to defend himself and then post the pics on social media to show what a big boy he is.

Approx 30 gun deaths per day in the USA.

Gun deaths in the US sadly stopped being shocking a long time ago.
  • Options

Hopefully he'll go out and buy some more guns to defend himself and then post the pics on social media to show what a big boy he is.

dont really know what that has to do with it?, dan blizerians personal gun collection, if you detest it and him so much why look at his social media channels etc?.

shootings - no not suprising.

massacres at a vegas country concert - extremely alarming.

the 2 are not even comparible, equally as some dildos on twitter etc somehow blaming trump, at least 20 people wont be going home to there loved ones, after what should of been a trip to a concert and probably on holiday.

• Options
    edited October 2017

No point in having a go at Bilzerian though...

He may love his guns and shows them off on Insta a lot, but he's not exactly the cause. He is just a side affect.

On top of this he lives by the 'if you kill it, you eat it' rule when it comes to hunting... He doesn't JUST shoot for sport.

RIP to those that have lost their lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP to those who've died.

Hope all the injured recover fully.

• Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
  • Options
    Fair enough @hoof_it_up_to_benty if that's what you believe.

Glorifying guns in my opinion isn't the issue.

The issue is the accessibility of guns and the legality of them.

That is why there are so many shootings. In some states, almost anyone can buy one, no back ground check just a form to fill out then boom here's a gun and here's some rounds.

Personally I feel if guns MUST be legal in the USA then they should only be allowed to be carried after a tough application process that involves:

1. Psychiatric assessment - Stop people who are mentally weak getting access to firearms.

2. Financial background check - Stop people with poor credit or low funds buying a firearm.

3. Proper training of how to use said firearm.

4. The firearm must always be under lock and key. Your safekeeping must be evidenced.

5. If you are carrying there must be a valid reason... I can only think of 3:
    - Hunting in the wild.
    - Law Enforcement
    - Self Defence in that moment. (Burglary, defending innocent lives etc)

5. The first two checks should be completed automatically EVERY quarter.

Luckily however I am not a politician and I don't have to come up with these laws, but I don't think to us in the UK that the above is excessive?

If I had my way it'd be a law to make firearms illegal worldwide. There would have to be ZERO tolerance for carrying.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Take this with a pinch of salt etc but the shooter appears to have been an anti Trump white guy.

Edit - The shooter is now being named as Stephen Paddock (64 years old). Not the same name that was on the internet earlier so no idea about the motivation.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Take this with a pinch of salt etc but the shooter appears to have been an anti Trump white guy.

Seen pictures of the alleged shooter online, he does appear to be white and a registered sex offender (not that that explains anything) Again, could just be internet assumptions at the moment.
  • Options
    The woman they're looking for has a very American sounding name.
  • Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    It appears to be a gun problem and the USA has a problem with gun control hence the high number of what often 'appear' to be avoidable deaths. Guns appear to me to be far too readily available to terrorists(of all types) and the gun lobby seem to glorify them.

My only knowledge of this guy based on press reports are that he plays poker, has a massive collection of guns and a neanderthal attititude towards women - he sounds a jerk based on what I've read which could all be fake and I certainly wouldn't follow him or anyone on social media.

I have a big issue with the unnecessary number of gun homicides in the States and the attitude of the gun lobby and those who treat weapons and violence in such a casual manner.

If anyone is happy with the number of gun deaths in the USA and their availability to terrorists etc then that's their opinion.

• Options

How can this not be a terrorist attack. White people commit terrorism too.
    i was pointing out that the gloryfying of guns has nothing to do with someone shooting a load of people, usually there is a motif behind it.