Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2017

Comments

• Options
    Just like real life with the women arguing all the time and the men being utter shit at everything.
  • Options

Sugar and his advisers will already have done a certain amount of "due diligence" on the candidates and he knows who he does not want to be his "partner" which is why, sometimes, it appears that he has chosen the "wrong" person to go.

It hasn't been as good since the prize changed. The whole "be my business partner" aspect ruins it.

Let it be a straight out business competition, where the winner gets a cash prize.

Otherwise, people get through to the final just because Sugar would prefer to work with them, rather than the best candidate who has a crap business idea.
  • Options
    Mrs Fiiish had this on last night whilst I was doing some DIY. I cannot believe this isn't on some level staged. The level of incompetence was like watching an episode of The Thick of It. That Elliot bloke who got the sack, if he was one of the candidates allowed on the show I dread to imagine the glue-sniffing lunatics they had to reject so that he looked like a good bet.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

This show is a farce. Chevon new should be gone as well as the chite barrister.

I assume you mean Siobhan?

She's not been on the losing team yet, once that happens the boardroom will be fun!
    Chevon Chevonne Siobhan all the same.... All of them should be fired.
  • Options
    I love it. Being an Old Git is great when it means you can laugh at the youth of today who think they are are something special and patently aren't. It's even better than the first few rounds of Britain's got Talent and X-Factor.
  • Options
    I like watching it, but every single time Karren Brady appears I let loose an expletive.
  • Options
    That time of the week again.
  • Options
    "Where soccer legends battle it out for victory".

Wtf is soccer?
  • Options
    Did that bloke just say he was in a box at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheltenham?
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options

Did that bloke just say he was in a box at Charlton.

Lol I thought that but re-wound and think it was Cheltenham. He did say he 'was lucky to have been there'!
  • Options
    Love this programme
  • Options
    Macronate said:

"Where soccer legends battle it out for victory".

Wtf is soccer?

It's a term originating in England and an abbreviation of Association Football like Rugger is an abbreviation of Rugby Football.

It's a term that was common place until around World Cup USA '94 when people developed this weird snobbery about it and now like to pretend like the Yanks made the word up, conveniently ignoring everyone's favourite Saturday scores program is called Gilette Soccer Saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Anyway, getting back on topic, this week's task and the hotel task have both shown up one of the biggest flaws of the show. Tasks like these, there is very little incentive for the teams to do a good job, they just have to make money.

In both of these tasks the winning team just cut costs to the bone and made a bigger profit but churned out an absolute pile of shite for a service/product. I mean, one fucking bottle of white wine to last 14 people 6 hours and half a canapé each. AND the absolute cringe fest for entertainment - why do you even need entertainment, isn't that what the cup final is for? How they got away without giving a refund I have no idea.

What was the point of the candy floss stalls as well? Or did they just realize they couldn't have 7 candidates harassing 14 guests so needed to find something to do with 4 from each team.
  • Options
    Shit task this week, think the girls should of won this weeks and the boys should of won the hotel task, think he’s had a look at the business plans and decided who is going each week, probably the worst series to date, did anyone else notice this week how much the boys pm said let’s have a beer?
  • Options
    The candy floss and popcorn stalls. It's all about passing footfall, their stalls seem to have been very much on the fringe of things.
  • Options
    My bloody wife. I had been watching the Spurs game and she turned over just as the sacked one got in the taxi.
    Aaarrrgh!!!!

If the football wasn't bad enough, the whole episode was spoiled before I'd even watched it. I really could have kicked the cat last night :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    also another flaw with the popcorn and candy floss stalls is all Wembley stands around the stadium presumably have to be the same for example all bars have the same beer prices, cant do deals?. was probably one of the worse tasks ive seen set as it was a stupid one and the wrong team won.
  • Options

also another flaw with the popcorn and candy floss stalls is all Wembley stands around the stadium presumably have to be the same for example all bars have the same beer prices, cant do deals?. was probably one of the worse tasks ive seen set as it was a stupid one and the wrong team won.

But maybe that is why they did candy floss and popcorn as i'm assuming there aren't too many stalls which sell that sort of thing??
  • Options
    Candy Floss and Popcorn at a football match?????
  • Options

Candy Floss and Popcorn at a football match?????

What about candy floss and ride the donkey then Seasider?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But maybe that is why they did candy floss and popcorn as i'm assuming there aren't too many stalls which sell that sort of thing??
    they have popcorn, candy floss,pick n mix stands, doughnut stands, saw these on my last visit there for an england match.
  • Options
    With it being the women's cup final they could have made a killing and sold some hairy fish pie.

I liked the episode, worrying more about customer satisfaction (but entertaining them with a load of boring facts) than profit was the killer. The boys victory was down to no requests for refunds and the free singing!
  • Options
    So glad to see the moose gone.
  • Options
    I have to fast forward through Sugar's deliberating at the end as it's become very tedious.

Seems like he's about to fire someone, dramatic pause, and then moves on inexplicably to a different contestant candidate with another inescapable reason, and then again onto another.

was he always like that? I can't remember it being that annoying.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

I have to fast forward through Sugar's deliberating at the end as it's become very tedious.

Seems like he's about to fire someone, dramatic pause, and then moves on inexplicably to a different contestant candidate with another inescapable reason, and then again onto another.

was he always like that? I can't remember it being that annoying.

Yes it's always been like that, but I think it might have got worse. The only time he fires the first one that he looks like he is going to fire is if there is a double firing that week.
  • Options
    I thought they were both being set up with the costs the clients were willing to pay and Lord Sugar was going to rip into them. Its £2.5k to sponsor a league one game at The Valley for ten people which works out to £250 per head.

They were doing a final at Wembley, I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive.