Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW SIGNING MONDAY?? (ed. Leon Best training with us)

Comments

• Options
    Best to sign so he can get game time & be on Martin O'Neil's radar should the ROI get to Russia next summer.

Well, it worked for Jorge Costa.

• Options

A little birdy tells me that an out of contract player (last club Ipswich Town) will be joining the club on Monday. If so, is it Leon Best??

Did it happen?
  • Options

A little birdy tells me that an out of contract player (last club Ipswich Town) will be joining the club on Monday. If so, is it Leon Best??

Did it happen?
    If he is training with us then not far off the mark to be fair.

With hindsight, it was kinda obvious that an out of contract player would come in on trial first so we could look at his fitness levels etc.
  • Options
    If we sign an unfit random has-been now, I see it unlikely we will sign the striker in the January window that we need to fire us back up.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Best comes in to replace Josh when the powers that be sell him in January to cash in whilst his stock is high (playing well for both club and country).
  • Options
    Would be good to have a Leon in the squad come the 25th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mentioned this to an Ipswich supporting mate...

"oooh... that's not good"
  • Options
    Does this actually mean hes going into the squad and is actually a Charlton player? Karl's wording sounds like hes just here to train and nothing more.
  • Options
    Sounds like he's just training with us.
  • Options
    Robinson : “He’s here for a few weeks and is training, He certainly adds a bit of depth to us when you look across the field during training. We’ve got 22 players training today.

“We never jumped into anything during the window; we were always very calm and calculated. We know what our squad needs, we know where our frailties lie, and we will just have to wait and see what happens.

“Leon contacted me as well, which is always a positive starting point.

“He hasn’t played competitive football since January. He went out to America and got an infection after an operation on his groin. He seems to be well over that now and has come across as a really nice person in his first few days here. He’s been very cooperative and has fitted into the dressing room well.”
  • Options

Robinson : “He’s here for a few weeks and is training, He certainly adds a bit of depth to us when you look across the field during training. We’ve got 22 players training today.

“We never jumped into anything during the window; we were always very calm and calculated. We know what our squad needs, we know where our frailties lie, and we will just have to wait and see what happens.

“Leon contacted me as well, which is always a positive starting point.

“He hasn’t played competitive football since January. He went out to America and got an infection after an operation on his groin. He seems to be well over that now and has come across as a really nice person in his first few days here. He’s been very cooperative and has fitted into the dressing room well.”

Very much sounds as though if he can prove his fitness and finances aren’t too much of a problem, he is a definite option for us.
  • Options

They missed out the bit where it said he contacted 91 other clubs as well.
    He probably sent out a round robin email, and just bcc'ed all the recipients....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone else see this?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

KR admits that our big money signing in January could be bringing Umerah back from Wycombe -_- only a few weeks ago he was saying, "If we are in a reasonable position and promotion is still on the cards in January i will be given the funds to strengthen properly" or words to that effect. Lies lies and more lies. Shouldnt be surprised anymore.

Harsh. What's he supposed to say when asked about Umerah ? "Well we sent him out because he's inexperienced and needs to get games which he wouldn't get with us and even if he does well and scores goals we wouldn't want him back". Of course not. It would be disrespectful and demoralising for Umerah.

Yes the squad has issues but I wish people wouldn't just criticisise for the sake of it. There's enough to legitimately moan about.

Well said
  • Options

Wouldn't be surprised if Best comes in to replace Josh when the powers that be sell him in January to cash in whilst his stock is high (playing well for both club and country).

KR having to scrape around in the bottom of the "who was he..?" barrel for cover for something as critical as a striker is the perfect synopsis of roly's stewardship of CAFC.
    Maybe KR is just doing LB a favour. Bit of an odd one, it ain't obvious they'd be mates from having worked together before, maybe LB lives in New Eltham?
    With Umerah acquitting himself creditably at Wycombe and one or two returning from injury, there is fuckall chance roly will sanction a striker acquisition (or any for that matter) in January, even when the mad old cnut flogs off JM, EK & RH from the 28th to 30th.
    Different day - same shit in rolyland.
  • Options
    Leon Best? And they say they have learned.
    Same shit owners, different season.
  • Options
    I've heard that Churchy and Akpo Sodje are training with us....
  • Options
    Leon Best? Just had a look at his numbers. Rarely managed more than 30 appearances in a season during his entire career, which suggests to me he is either always injured or just plain shite.

But here we are again, bargain shopping by rummaging through the bins.
  • Options
    If fit, he's definitely worth a short term deal to keep us in contention until Jan. We've got some tough games coming up aginst Oxford and Bradford this month and need more options off the bench.

The Bradford game already is a six pointer if we want to occupy one of the auto spots with Wigan (who are automatic bankers). They're already 6 points above us and we can't afford to lose up there and go 9 behind them.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Leon Best? Just had a look at his numbers. Rarely managed more than 30 appearances in a season during his entire career, which suggests to me he is either always injured or just plain shite.

But here we are again, bargain shopping by rummaging through the bins.

How many games have we got left this season? if you give him another couple of weeks to get reasonably fit, (NOT Reeves 2 months fit)