Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW SIGNING MONDAY?? (ed. Leon Best training with us)

Comments

• Options

Saw on patrick bauers instagram last night a video of someone in kit on a chair singing a song, nornally the punishment new players have to endure. Didnt recognise who it was though. Definitely no one mentioned above

His bird? Home movie?
  • Options
    Dennis in the worst minute
  • Options
    HITC Sport understands that Leon Best is on trial with us
  • Options

HITC Sport understands that Leon Best is on trial with us

4 goals in 55 appearances :smile::smile::smile:
  • Options
    Sounds about right for us.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Charltonised before he arrives.
    Impressive

Wasn't Magennis Charltonised before joining us?
    Team, Games, Goals, Assists
    Aberdeen FC 123 12 10
    Kilmarnock FC 84 20 17
    Charlton Ath 51 14 6

If that goes as well with Best, we may be alright Mag was never a high goalscorer, but Best was once decent. Just needs to locate those shooting boots.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Who would you choose, Ishmael Miller or Leon Best?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ishmael miller has more potential and a better record, I think, but would prefer other options, if available to either.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Vetokele

dickplumb said:

Vetokele
    Vetokele lacks the bottle for this division .. the last twice I saw him he was bullied about and basically didn't want to know
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Leon Best?

Thank you Roland, thank you Katie! You do realise we celebrate Christmas in December here?
  • Options
    the fact that we are scrabbling around looking at the likes of Best and Miller says it all.
  • Options

the fact that we are scrabbling around looking at the likes of Best and Miller says it all.

It is what it is. Signing a striker on a short term deal makes sense.

Who we sign in January is the big deal.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I'm not gonna hold my breath. My guess is they'll bring unerah back.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Redrobo said:

Who we sign in the summer is the big deal..........Who we sign in January is the big deal..............Who we sign in the summer is the big deal..........Who we sign in January is the big deal.......Repeat ad infinitum.
    Exciting though for us positive chaps.
  • Options
    It's all going to be about fitness for anyone coming in. If Best or whoever can't get up to speed pdq then what's the point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's all going to be about fitness for anyone coming in. If Best or whoever can't get up to speed pdq then what's the point.

We are all hoping whoever comes in never starts a game!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

On their day both would have been very good at this level. For our system I'd probably prefer Miller, he was once an absolute handful and had a bit of pace about him. Never prolific, but I think his ability to occupy a defense could be so important. Josh does it really well, and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

The problem is he played three times for Bury last year, all as a substitute. And he looks like he has the kind of frame where if he isn't working out constantly it's easy for him to add weight.

So maybe Best? His last two seasons have been in the Championship. Think we could do worse. Think paying 1m for 28 year old Akinde might well have been worse.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Leon Best is training with Charlton Athletic as the striker bids to get his career going again following a disastrous spell at Ipswich Town.

The former Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United striker is a free agent after failing to find a club since leaving the Tractor Boys in the summer.

The 31-year-old former Republic of Ireland international only made 12 appearances last season after falling out with manager Mick McCarthy in January.

Despite his release only coming in the summer, Best hasn't played since being subbed off after 75 minutes in Town's humiliating 1-0 defeat by Lincoln City in the FA Cup back in January.

Having failed to find the net while on the books at Portman Road, Best is without a goal since netting for Rotherham United in a Championship victory at MK Dons in April 2016.

• Options
    Glasgow Rangers loaned out Joe Dodoo in the summer but could he return to Ibrox sooner than expect

HITC Sport reported today that Charlton Athletic have taken veteran striker Leon Best on trial.

The League One side occupy the fourth and final playoff spot at the moment but it would appear as if manager Karl Robinson is keen to bolster his striking options.

And one man who perhaps won't be happy if the Addicks wind up signing the 31-year-old hitman is on-loan Rangers man Joe Dodoo.

The 22-year-old left Rangers for the Addicks in search of first-team football but Dodoo is yet to start a League One game under Robinson - and has been an unused substitute in Charlton's last two games.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Glasgow Rangers loaned out Joe Dodoo in the summer but could he return to Ibrox sooner than expect

HITC Sport reported today that Charlton Athletic have taken veteran striker Leon Best on trial.

The League One side occupy the fourth and final playoff spot at the moment but it would appear as if manager Karl Robinson is keen to bolster his have some striking options.

And one man who perhaps won't be happy if the Addicks wind up signing the 31-year-old hitman is on-loan Rangers man Joe Dodoo.

The 22-year-old left Rangers for the Addicks in search of first-team football but Dodoo is yet to start a League One game under Robinson - and has been an unused substitute in Charlton's last two games.

• Options
    Whilst I don't particularly rate Dodoo I think it'll be better for him if we add another striker.

Best or Miller would be competing with/comming off the bench for JM in a like for like role, something Dodoo will never do. Only having one player that can replace Josh limits our blan b/c/d when they are such different players. having an extra striker could see him getting more game time (it won't be any less as he still offers something different to best/miller)
  • Options

Whilst I don't particularly rate Dodoo I think it'll be better for him if we add another striker.

Best or Miller would be competing with/comming off the bench for JM in a like for like role, something Dodoo will never do. Only having one player that can replace Josh limits our blan b/c/d when they are such different players. having an extra striker could see him getting more game time (it won't be any less as he still offers something different to best/miller)

How would do Dodoo get more game time as 3rd choice striker than 2nd.

My guess is Robinson realises he was a mistake and possibly weighing up another panic signing to add competition. Without the loan window it only really leaves Miller and Best

• Options

My guess is Robinson realises he was a mistake and possibly weighing up another panic signing to add competition. Without the loan window it only really leaves Miller and Best

I don't think he is second choice as such as his game is so different I can'tsee him getting much game time.

You haveso many more options on how you play, what substitutions you make , when you make them when you add a third striker into the mix
  • Options

I don't think he is second choice as such as his game is so different I can'tsee him getting much game time.

You haveso many more options on how you play, what substitutions you make , when you make them when you add a third striker into the mix
    Who is second choice then?

And I disagree with the last bit too as this is Robinson we are talking about.