Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW SIGNING MONDAY?? (ed. Leon Best training with us)

Comments

• Best will score goals in league 1. I predict 2

• The transfer window closed a month ago.

It was established that we needed an additional forward a month ago.
    Why have we wasted a month before recruiting a free agent?

At this rate, it will be January before he's match fit.

• Oggy Red said:

The transfer window closed a month ago.

Because like every year we thought at least one young striker would make the step up. All we had to do was give them a chance. KAG or RHF this year, Hanlan last year, Kennedy before that and KAG again.
  • Scoham said:

Might be Hayden Mullins?

Imagine the amount of posters, claiming I told you so if that happened, that was predicted more times then the 180 bus along Plumstead High Street.

• Scoham said:

Oggy Red said:

The transfer window closed a month ago.

Because like every year we thought at least one young striker would make the step up. All we had to do was give them a chance. KAG or RHF this year, Hanlan last year, Kennedy before that and KAG again.

Unless these players are an exceptional talent (Lookman, perhaps), too much too soon seems to be expected of these young players at this level.

Even if they have sufficient technical ability, they're often simply not yet ready, physically or mentally to compete at this level. Sure, they need to play but a loan to a lower level club would seem to provide the intermediate step in their development.

• edited September 2017
  • Saw on patrick bauers instagram last night a video of someone in kit on a chair singing a song, nornally the punishment new players have to endure. Didnt recognise who it was though. Definitely no one mentioned above

i thought the purpose punishment was haveing to listen to Robinson talking.
  • This is a screenshot

@Ollywozere who is this?
    Joe, our academy kit man
    Ok, but can he play up front?
  • Valley11 said:

From Wiki:

Best joined Ipswich Town on 30 August 2016 as a replacement for Daryl Murphy.[29] He struggled to keep his place in the team, and following his performance on 17 January 2017 in an FA Cup tie against non-league Lincoln City, where Ipswich were beaten 1–0,[30] Mick McCarthy stated that Best would never play for Ipswich Town again. “I told him after the Lincoln game that he is not part of my plans here. He’s still with us and may have to have something done with his groin. We will see but he won’t be playing for us.”[31] Best was one of seven players released by Ipswich Town at the end of the 2016−17 season.[32]

Hasn't had a preseason or played this season. Good company for Reeves at the training ground I guess.

If Reeves gets fit we will need someone to put the cones out
  • Sponsored links:

• The ginger guy is U18/temporary first team kit man Joe Sheehan son of one of Karl Robinsons security guards
  • The ginger guy is U18/temporary first team kit man Joe Sheehan son of one of Karl Robinsons security guards

So as well as being Delle Ali's agent, Karl's delivering valuables in vans just to make ends meet now?

'Karl Robinsons security guards' ??!! - does he have a team of minders looking after him??
  • edited September 2017

The ginger guy is U18/temporary first team kit man Joe Sheehan son of one of Karl Robinsons security guards

'Karl Robinsons security guards' ??!! - does he have a team of minders looking after him??
    Yes, to protect him from those nasty protesters that aren't actually Charlton fans.
  • Ipswich players seemed to have done a job for us in the past - bent, holland, ambrose... wasn't there a couple more at one stage ?
  • Herman Hereidersson?
  • Ipswich players seemed to have done a job for us in the past - bent, holland, ambrose... wasn't there a couple more at one stage ?

Hermann
  • edited October 2017
    Elsewhere some suggestion it is Dexter Blackstock (I know not Ipswich...) 9 goals in last 76 appearances suggest he is hardly prolific but it is amazing how strikers who fail in the Championship do well in Div 3.
  • edited October 2017

Elsewheresome suggestion it is Dexter Blackstock (I know not Ipswich...) 9 goals in last 76 appearances suggest he is hardly prolific but it is amazing how strikers who fail in the Championship do well in Div 3.

Come from the one and only ‘colin’ however
  • That's not Joe Robinson.

And I'm pretty sure it's not Leon Best...

could be Robinson .. but at 5'9" he's certainly not a central defender

imageimageimage
    Ah, it all makes sense now, I saw this fella after the game putting the team kit on the coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

On ITTV some suggestion it is Dexter Blackstock (I know not Ipswich...) 9 goals in last 76 appearances suggest he is hardly prolific but it is amazing how strikers who fail in the Championship do well in Div 3.

Come from the one and only ‘colin’ however
    So almost certainly bullshit. However, Blackstock used be a solid Championship forward. Must be getting on a bit but we do need to add some experience and nouse. A potentially decent signing I'd say, whilst acknowledging I haven't seen him play for several seasons.
  • TELTEL
    edited October 2017
    Blackstock would be worth a punt on a short term contract at this level.He is 31 btw.
  • edited October 2017
    TEL said:

Blackstock would be worth a punt on a short term contract at this level.He is 31 btw.

Agreed. And with the way we play we don't necessarily need a center forward who will get 20 goals. We need one who can play up front on their own and help create space for our other attacking players. And from what I remember of him Blackstock would fit that bill.
  • SDAddick said:

TEL said:

Agreed. And with the way we play we don't necessarily need a center forward who will get 20 goals. We need one who can play up front on their own and help create space for our other attacking players. And from what I remember of him Blackstock would fit that bill.
    Yeah you're right, he did a have a very good spell at Forest. I remember one televised game and he was almost unplayable. Not too much of a risk to us at the moment and a good back up if Josh needs a rest/gets injured.
  • edited October 2017
    Kit man (Gavin) is leaving, it's probably the new kit man! Who I think has now left........ so could be the new new Kit man....
  • edited October 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

Kit man (Gavin) is leaving, it's probably the new kit man! Who I think has now left........ so could be the new new Kit man....

Soon to become another disgruntled ex employee.......................Airman, possible scoop here :wink:
  • Lets hope its Ray Crawford.....
  • When's the press conference?
  • Waiting with baited breath.