Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• All very well lads but not celebrities. My wife's Uncle Lennie is 96 this summer but doesn't get on here either. Start a thread on Oldest CAFC Fans...
  • Riviera said:

All very well lads but not celebrities. My wife's Uncle Lennie is 96 this summer but doesn't get on here either. Start a thread on Oldest CAFC Fans...

No point, @blackpool72 is the holder of that Title.
  • Riviera said:

All very well lads but not celebrities. My wife's Uncle Lennie is 96 this summer but doesn't get on here either. Start a thread on Oldest CAFC Fans...

Your a right miserable git ain't ya
  • Riviera said:

Your a right miserable git ain't ya
    Just a stickler for R&R...
  • Yesterday Sidney Poitier was 91. The Black actor who paved the way for Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson and the myriad of fine younger black actors today.
  • LenGlover said:

Billy Graham (born November 7 1918)

Religious evangelist particularly famous in the sixties.

First one down that we've listed to the best of my knowledge.

RIP
  • edited February 2018
    Vera Lynn - 100 (edited, think she's already been mentioned)
  • Jayajosh said:

Vera Lynn - 100 (edited, think she's already been mentioned)

She has.
  • Yesterday Sidney Poitier was 91. The Black actor who paved the way for Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson and the myriad of fine younger black actors today.

He's been on here since he was 90.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Yesterday Sidney Poitier was 91. The Black actor who paved the way for Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson and the myriad of fine younger black actors today.

He's been on here since he was 90.
    Who would have thought that the great Sidney Poitier was not only an Addick but also a Charlton Lifer too?
    He's registered as Potter !!
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Billy Graham (born November 7 1918)

Religious evangelist particularly famous in the sixties.

First one down that we've listed to the best of my knowledge.

RIP
    Billy Graham just like Martyn Moxon out for 99 and no century to their names. Though I would think Billy Graham's name in on the LORD'S honour board.
  • Gabriel García Márquez

Subject of today's google doodle
  • Aargghh ignore - says in what would have been his 91st birthday
  • MrOneLung said:

Aargghh ignore - says in what would have been his 91st birthday

And NOT a celebrity Len @MrOneLung
  • Riviera said:

MrOneLung said:

Aargghh ignore - says in what would have been his 91st birthday

And NOT a celebrity Len @MrOneLung
    I think Google tend to only really put doodles up for well known people Chirps? Except me of course, they always put a Happy Birthday doodle up for me on my birthday.
  • Google and "doodles" (whatever they are) mean nothing. Google does not make you a celebrity.
  • Muriel Pavlow (born 27 June 1921)

Thelma Bader in Reach For The Sky amongst others.

Lewisham girl too.

• Riviera said:

Google and "doodles" (whatever they are) mean nothing. Google does not make you a celebrity.

He is known as the most famous Colombian ever....

But it is a moot point anyway.
  • How old is George Cole now?
  • Sponsored links:

• How old is George Cole now?

Still dead and counting
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Google and "doodles" (whatever they are) mean nothing. Google does not make you a celebrity.

He is known as the most famous Colombian ever....

But it is a moot point anyway.
    Chirpy has spoken. Be quiet peasant... :lol:
  • nearly Rex Alston
  • Elizabeth Sellars (born May 6 1923)

Regular in films during the 1950s Guilt Is My Shadow and The Barefoot Contessa being just 2.

She also popped up regularly on TV in the sixties in ITV's Play of the Week and the Wednesday Play to name 2. She also appeared in The Avengers.
  • LenGlover said:

Elizabeth Sellars (born May 6 1923)

Regular in films during the 1950s Guilt Is My Shadow and The Barefoot Contessa being just 2.

She also popped up regularly on TV in the sixties in ITV's Play of the Week and the Wednesday Play to name 2. She also appeared in The Avengers.

Len I know you had a little bit of luck on the horses today and maybe you splashed out on some celebratory vino, but please, please accept that this thread IS NOT titled "People" who are still alive. The "just 2" films you mentioned are hardly blockbusters. However talented and beautiful Ms Sellars was or is DOES NOT MAKE HER A CELEBRITY and so she has no place on this thread.
    Now get a grip and sort out your E/W's for tomorrow.

• Bobby Brown
    95 today
    Rangers treble winner
    Scotland player when they beat England after the war
    Scotland manager when they beat England in ‘67 to become unofficial world champions
  • Don’t be cruel
  • Carl Reiner - comedian, actor, director and father of director Rob Reiner.
    I only realised how old he was because I was watching the Jerry Seinfeld series “Comedians in cars getting coffee”. The episode was with Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner. At one point, Reiner mentioned that he’s about 5 years older than Brooks and I knew Brooks was on this list, so I checked Reiner. Sure enough, he’ll be 96 in March and he’s still going strong.
    The episode was interesting - Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner have been best mates for 60 odd years and Brooks goes round Reiner’s house for dinner and to watch a dvd most evenings.
    Two funny guys, both over 90 and who still make jokes at their own and each other’s expense. Quite inspirational really.

Sorry for quoting myself, but Carl Reiner is 96 today.
  • edited March 2018
    Lord Lucan.
    Sorry, he's only 83.