Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Options

Julie Gibson. Actress/singer 104

Fail. Not famous enough for my thread. As I have said to Len Glover many times this is a thread for celebrities that are still alive over 90 and not a thread for people that are still alive over 90 years of age.
  • Options

Mary Carlisle. Actress/singer 103

Fail. Not famous enough for my thread. As I have said to Len Glover many times this is a thread for celebrities that are still alive over 90 and not a thread for people that are still alive over 90 years of age.
  • Options

Norman Lloyd. Director 103

• Options

Patricia Morison. Actress/singer 103

• Options

Herman Wouk. Author 102

• Options

Yasuhiro Nakasone. Former Japanese prime minister 99

• Options

Đỗ Mười. Former Vietnam head of state. 101

• Options

Babiker Awadalla. Former Sudan Prime Minister. 101

• Options

Babiker Awadalla. Former Sudan Prime Minister. 101

• Options

I nearly added Nina Theilade (ballet dancer) 102, but sadly she passed away in February.

Wouldn't have counted anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Jim Lovell.

Being an astronaut does not make you a celebrity unless you are Neil Armstrong. It's just a job.
    Statute of limitations applies Chirps, too slow old son. 11 days later... FFS...

Anyway if A) Tom Hanks has played you on film, you are a celebrity and B ) Musician, footballer, author etc etc are also "just a job" so stop being a twat (especially on a Friday). :wink:
    It's my thread and my rules.
    Jim Lovell less famous than Denis Norden or Pete Murray? I don't think so... :smiley:
    I've never heard of Jim Lovell and I've seen the film.
    Well, you know those bit's where other members of the cast say "Jim", or "Mr Lovell" or "Commander Lovell" to the Tom Hanks character... That'll be the Jim Lovell that Tom Hanks is playing in the film you see? It's quite simple when you get the hang of it. :lol:
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Jim Lovell.

Being an astronaut does not make you a celebrity unless you are Neil Armstrong. It's just a job.
    Statute of limitations applies Chirps, too slow old son. 11 days later... FFS...

Anyway if A) Tom Hanks has played you on film, you are a celebrity and B ) Musician, footballer, author etc etc are also "just a job" so stop being a twat (especially on a Friday). :wink:
    Jim Lovell less famous than Denis Norden or Pete Murray? I don't think so... :smiley:
    Well, you know those bit's where other members of the cast say "Jim", or "Mr Lovell" or "Commander Lovell" to the Tom Hanks character... That'll be the Jim Lovell that Tom Hanks is playing in the film you see? It's quite simple when you get the hang of it. :lol:
    I said I've seen the film, I didn't take notes. I know who Tom Hanks is, I knew he was playing the leader of the mission. I didn't have to know the characters name.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Jim Lovell.

I said I've seen the film, I didn't take notes. I know who Tom Hanks is, I knew he was playing the leader of the mission. I didn't have to know the characters name.
    You need to pay attention better then mate... :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Riviera said:

You’re just being silly.
    You don’t own the thread.
  • Options

Riviera said:

You’re just being silly.
    Burn the heretic! :wink:
  • Options

Riviera said:

You’re just being silly.
    Actually I think I do.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    "Johnny" Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Johnson_(RAF_officer)

Link not working but it's George Johnson RAF Officer born 1921
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

"Johnny" Johnson

And not a celebrity Len.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

You’re just being silly.
    Actually I think I do.
    Aw bless. Course you do dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

"Johnny" Johnson

And not a celebrity Len.
    Depends on what you call a 'celebrity', the bloke is a hero, like a proper hero to thousands, not a poncy actor, singer, cricketer or footballer, but a Dambuster, which trumps everyone else on this thread and then some. Johnny came to the War and Peace show a few years ago and you couldn't get near him, a member of the greatest generation.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

"Johnny" Johnson

And not a celebrity Len.
    Depends on what you call a 'celebrity', the bloke is a hero, like a proper hero to thousands, not a poncy actor, singer, cricketer or footballer, but a Dambuster, which trumps everyone else on this thread and then some. Johnny came to the War and Peace show a few years ago and you couldn't get near him, a member of the greatest generation.

Not disrespect to him but not a celebrity. This thread is for celebrities.
  • Options
    Can we change the title of the thread to "Celebrities that are still alive and that Riviera has heard of"
  • Options
    Pleased to find out James Burke was still alive, the man who presented tomorrow's world and became well known when he was one of the 3 broadcasters alongside Raymond Baxter and Patrick Moore to host the July 69 moon landing on BBC. Now 80 but still a proper science man who doesn't bother with shite reality shows for the intellectually challenged.
  • Options

Pleased to find out James Burke was still alive, the man who presented tomorrow's world and became well known when he was one of the 3 broadcasters alongside Raymond Baxter and Patrick Moore to host the July 69 moon landing on BBC. Now 80 but still a proper science man who doesn't bother with shite reality shows for the intellectually challenged.

If a bloke who flew to the moon isn't famous enough for Chirpy, a bloke who just nattered about it certainly won't be, Sam... :wink:
  • Options

Not 90 so @Riviera will be after you!
  • Options

If a bloke who flew to the moon isn't famous enough for Chirpy, a bloke who just nattered about it certainly won't be, Sam... :wink:
    James Burke will be more than welcome on this thread when he qualifies in about 10 years time.
  • Options
    French fashion designer Pierre Cardin is 95, although he didn't broadcast on Radio Luxembourg like Pete Murray, so I'm not sure he's famous enough to be on Chirpy's list.
  • Options
    Joan Collins