Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

263 tonight

Doth cap to every one of them, but that feels our lowest following for quite a while for a league game (given Walsall is not the far end of the country).

When was our last following so low?

Comments

• Options
    During the exile would be my guess. 263 is a shocker.
  • Options
    Wouldve thought we would have 400+ up there
  • Options
    336 Plymouth at Wigan tonight
  • Options
    Pretty sure we had less than that at Huddersfield for the 5-0 defeat under Fraeye.
  • Options

Pretty sure we had less than that at Huddersfield for the 5-0 defeat under Fraeye.

Just 263 to Walsall at this point of the season seems below the norm to me though
  • Options
    You sure it's not 1263
  • Options
    Poor, I guess a combination of the stuttering form and Fleetwood away this weekend has depressed the numbers

Checking the numbers, we took 204 to Oldham last season (I was there), 253 to Port Vale and 189 to Scunthorpe
  • Options
    I imagine we'll struggle to get 400 on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have always had a notoriously bad away following, I don't think the apathy the Belgians have created can be blamed.
  • Options
    would you wanna go to Walsall on a Tuesday night.....I know for certain I wouldn't !!
  • Options
    Games like Walsall are ones that probably a lot of charlton fans might make the effort for if it was a Saturday afternoon and if we hadn't just had three crap performances on the bounce. That 263 still went up there to support the team is impressive and I suspect they were mostly those hard core fans that would had made the trek if it had been much further north.

When the fixture lists come out the EFL and clubs need to start to take in travelling issues for fans and that includes getting home after the game as well as getting there in time for kick off.
  • Options
    Everyone that did go you deserve credit
    Everyone that didn't you have individual reasons.
    If you was considering going last night then go Saturday, the support is always incredible
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Six years ago, almost to the day, we took 1,229 to MK Dons (wasn't a new ground as we had played there in 2009/10 and 2010/11 (twice)) on a Tuesday night.

Admittedly we were unbeaten and top of the league, but still. We took 399 to MKD in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2010/11...
  • Options
    I'm sure we had 180 at Oldham in 2011 (on a Saturday).
  • Options
    We'll be getting that at home soon enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also rewarded with a M6 closure on the way home, bet the coach had a late night.
  • Options

Games like Walsall are ones that probably a lot of charlton fans might make the effort for if it was a Saturday afternoon and if we hadn't just had three crap performances on the bounce. That 263 still went up there to support the team is impressive and I suspect they were mostly those hard core fans that would had made the trek if it had been much further north.

When the fixture lists come out the EFL and clubs need to start to take in travelling issues for fans and that includes getting home after the game as well as getting there in time for kick off.

In what planet is it impressive? There's definitely some (unique) mindset that our fanbase has that other clubs don't with thinking that the best way to support your club is by attending home games as the club/owner doesn't get money from away tickets, something that was installed into the mind during the premiership run. The current regime is the perfect opportunity to turn that mindset around but it's just not happening. Our fanbase is, understandably, suffering from serious apathy due to the regime. How many Charlton fans even knew we were playing at Walsall last night? I wish there was something we could do, and there's a large amount of Charlton fans on this forum (The number of posts doesn't seem to have dropped during these dark times, I could be wrong) but it's very difficult to stir interest. I'm at a loss as to what to do to improve our away support. Make no mistake about it, 263 for a midlands midweek away is millwall level support. We would usually be taking 400 to a game like this under similar circumstances.
  • Options
    I thought the numbers were pretty respectable , considering.
  • Options

We have always had a notoriously bad away following, I don't think the apathy the Belgians have created can be blamed.

Apologist
    Grrrr.
  • Options
    Unless you live locally (you have my sympathies) anyone travelling to see that has serious mental health issues.
  • Options

During the exile would be my guess. 263 is a shocker.

swear we had some dreadful ones in the mid 90s still, think there might have been a 93 or something to Grimsby or somewhere unless I've imagined that... there were definitely some sparse ends on some of my end of season videos in 93 / 94 ish
  • Options
    blackpool away we had a small amount once relegation was confirmed.