Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

another £20,000 for being Nice People

From cafc.co.uk:
Charlton may have been relegated from the Premiership, but the Addicks did finish at the summit of one league table in 2006/07 as the club's fans were named the best in the country.

For the second season in a row Charlton's supporters came top of the Behaviour of the Public Fair Play League.

And that means the club will receive £20,000 to spend on fans' initiatives during the coming campaign.

Some bloke called Haze or something features in the story as well. But this bit made me laugh, considering the jobsworth arseholes stewarding us at Anfield:
To add to the accolade there was particular praise from Liverpool, passed on by Addicks boss Alan Pardew, following the final match of the 2006/07 campaign.

"I was told our fans were the most well behaved that visited Anfield this season, and apparently that was the case last season as well," said Pardew.

"This comes as no surprise to me, and just shows you can provide great backing for the players and still represent the club brilliantly.”

Comments

• spend it on an outside smoking area that is erected on the pitch at half time - that would go down well!
  • my dad and uncle are in that pic on the front page
  • Another thing, can't we argue that by winning this we should be playing in the Premier League next year and defend our title?

Liverpool were given the chance to defend their CL title even though they had no right to, surely thats a precedent set.
  • Can anybody remember what happened to last year's money?
  • Give it to Demelza I suggest
  • spend it on flask re-fill points and blanket hire kiosks.

or target 500 campaign for away support (especially for oohahh).

is it coincidence that (probably) the 2 worst prem away followings finish 1st & 2nd. more stewards and police per head?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]spend it on an outside smoking area that is erected on the pitch at half time - that would go down well!

I like your thinking!
  • Good job these judges weren't a Vicarage Road.
  • say, we are top of the league, say we are top of the league.

Position Played Pts Avge
    1 Charlton Athletic 38 336 8.84
    2 Fulham 38 333 8.76
    3 Liverpool 38 327 8.61
    4 Arsenal 38 326 8.58
    5Sheffield United 38 324 8.53
    6Tottenham Hotspur 38 324 8.53
    7 Watford 38 321 8.45
    8Newcastle United 38 321 8.45
    9Manchester City 38 320 8.42
    10West Ham United 38 318 8.37
    11Aston Villa 38 315 8.29
    12Blackburn Rovers 38 315 8.29
    13 Bolton Wanderers 38 315 8.29
    14 Middlesbrough 38 315 8.29
    15Manchester United 38 311 8.18
    16 Wigan Athletic 38 309 8.13
    17 Chelsea 38 309 8.13
    18 Portsmouth 38 307 8.08
    19 Everton 38 300 7.90
    20 Reading 38 299 7.87

Matches up to and including Sunday 13th May 2007

Key: - Behaviour of the Public - Maximum 10 pts per Match
  • Interesting that model club from the Thames valley came last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading Scum!!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my dad and uncle are in that pic on the front page

Is your Dad Neil Warnock?
  • This just shows what can be achieved by having a pathetic number of away following ;o)

Who's laughing now after those taunts of "your support is f**kin Sh*t" - its not the numbers its the quality!!

Valley Gold Members Rool!
  • Sorry
    But the fact that Liverpool have come in third makes a complete mockery of this for me
    Unless you count being totally wet yourself drunk, arriving five minutes before kick off & storming the turnstiles fair play?
    Joke
  • The award is as much, if not more, for the home support and the way people behaved at the Valley.

Don't think the European cup final was taken into account KBLS : - )
  • you could pick any of their games Mr I
    i was talking about the last one I was at, at our dear neighbours from the South ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]you could pick any of their games Mr I
    i was talking about the last one I was at, at our dear neighbours from the South ;-)

True although our "dear" neighbours deserve everything they get IMHO : - ) And aren't they to the north of us?

Meant to say hello at the Charity game. Saw a group of people supporting KB and assumed you were one of them but had to leave before I got round to it.
  • This is good news though isn't it? I cannot remember the Valley being more passionate than it was in Pards half of the season. We can be loud and animated and still behave like human beings.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Who's laughing now after those taunts of "your support is f**kin Sh*t" - its not the numbers its the quality!!

lol