Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pearce on crutches (ed. out for 10 weeks)

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
Hopefully precautionary. Important for us, rate him

Comments

• Options
    Why is walking that way when his car would be the other side of the car park?
  • Options
    Could rule him out of Walsall on Tuesday... If so time for Naby Sarr to prove himself there or will Ezri Konsa drop back?
  • Options

He went up to the players lounge to meet a visiting Rhoys Wiggins.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I presume a genuine comment... How did Wiggins look himself?

i.e. He got a serious knee injury himself last October on loan @ Birmingham and hasn't joined anyone on loan from Bournemouth this year either so presume he's not fully fit yet
  • Options

Could rule him out of Walsall on Tuesday... If so time for Naby Sarr to prove himself there or will Ezri Konsa drop back?

We won't keep clean sheets with Sarr in the side. If Pearce is out - we are very exposed.
  • Options
    If Pearce is out, Konsa comes into the side.
  • Options

We won't keep clean sheets with Sarr in the side. If Pearce is out - we are very exposed.
    Dunno he's done alright by the majority of accounts from people who have seen him this season (albeit in less challenging matches)

The only problem having either Sarr or Konsa in place of Pearce is the fact that none of our Defenders have the leadership qualities that Jason has... to be fair though it doesnt appear as though there was any mention of him in the post match chat with Robinson so hopefully we're all worried about nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017

Dunno he's done alright by the majority of accounts from people who have seen him this season (albeit in less challenging matches)

The only problem having either Sarr or Konsa in place of Pearce is the fact that none of our Defenders have the leadership qualities that Jason has... to be fair though it doesnt appear as though there was any mention of him in the post match chat with Robinson so hopefully we're all worried about nothing
    As disappointing as it is to have a player injured we have hardly been tight at the back have we?

Maybe a change will bring us good fortune. Might even get a clean sheet!
  • Options
    I've seen Naby Sarr a few times and he looks solid,doesn't lose many headers and can pass the ball,could be an option if Pearce doesn't make it on Tuesday.
  • Options

I've seen Naby Sarr a few times and he looks solid,doesn't lose many headers and can pass the ball,could be an option if Pearce doesn't make it on Tuesday.

Lord, if that is how you have seen Sarr play, who was he playing for at the time? Surely not us?
  • Options
    Good job our squad is really strong.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Pearce and Sarr are both left footed though arent they whereas Konsa and Bauer are both right so if thats the case Id be surprised to see Konsa in.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Sage said:

Pearce and Sarr are both left footed though arent they whereas Konsa and Bauer are both right so if thats the case Id be surprised to see Konsa in.
    If Pearce is out for Tuesday, I think Konsa will be in. Walsall are a small, agile side up front and Konsa’s mobility will be important. Robinson’s also stated before that Konsa’s chance will come when one of either Bauer or Pearce are injured or suspended.

I understand for the balance of the side and I think that Sarr could bring us something different with his passing (his cross-field diagonal over to the right will release Solly much sooner than what we have been doing) and I think he could work well with Kashi, pushing him 10-20 yards up the pitch would make us more dominant and dangerous.

Overall, there are always pros and cons of having either player. Just I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Konsa personally.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The unspoken implication being it might not be Pearce?
    I wondered that too.
  • Options

Lord, if that is how you have seen Sarr play, who was he playing for at the time? Surely not us?
    He was playing for us..forget the shit show performances you saw before,I think he could do the job.
  • Options

We've only kept 2 clean sheets in 9 league games this season.

As said above. Sarr is left footed and so is Pearce. Put him in as it gives better balance. I've seen him playing in three of the competitive games this season and he's played well in all of them. He was crap 2 years ago but I will be more than happy to give him another go in a league below.
  • Options
    Konsa seems to be KR's go to sub in midfield, to me with our team being quite small the physical presence of Sarr would be a better replacement for Pearce
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

i.e. He got a serious knee injury himself last October on loan @ Birmingham and hasn't joined anyone on loan from Bournemouth this year either so presume he's not fully fit yet
    Yes, it is a genuine comment. Rhoys is still out injured with a long term injury. He was in good spirits though.
    Glad to hear it, hopefully be back soon

Along with Chris Powell and Jay Dasilva... For me Rhoys is one of our best Left-Backs that I've seen at Charlton over the last 20-years

His career has been fucked though ever since that Palace match when he got injured for us!!
    Completely agree. Really liked him and was gutted when he went.

One left back you've forgotten to mention there, and he can be over looked given how short a time he played for us, but he was class, was Mark Bowen. I always remember how he just used to watch the ball when someone was dribbling against him, and 9 out of 10 times, he always got the ball
    Ever so slightly before my time... Became a season ticket holder in 98/99 and despite attending a good few matches in our Play-Off winning year I wasnt the supporter I am now so didnt pay as much attention, nor (I hate to say) did I care as much - Its a good thing really as if I supported the club then like I do now, I wouldnt have lived through the Wembley match!!
  • Options

cabbles said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Yes, it is a genuine comment. Rhoys is still out injured with a long term injury. He was in good spirits though.

Along with Chris Powell and Jay Dasilva... For me Rhoys is one of our best Left-Backs that I've seen at Charlton over the last 20-years

His career has been fucked though ever since that Palace match when he got injured for us!!

One left back you've forgotten to mention there, and he can be over looked given how short a time he played for us, but he was class, was Mark Bowen. I always remember how he just used to watch the ball when someone was dribbling against him, and 9 out of 10 times, he always got the ball
    Ever so slightly before my time... Became a season ticket holder in 98/99 and despite attending a good few matches in our Play-Off winning year I wasnt the supporter I am now so didnt pay as much attention, nor (I hate to say) did I care as much - Its a good thing really as if I supported the club then like I do now, I wouldnt have lived through the Wembley match!!
    Oh I thought you were a bit before mate. Bowen was a proper player

It's not good to reminisce at the mo though :neutral:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Oh I thought you were a bit before mate. Bowen was a proper player

It's not good to reminisce at the mo though :neutral:
    '94 was my first ever game (0-0 with Stoke City)... But between then and '97 I was only dragged along to three other games

'97 I got free tickets to the 4-1 win over Bradford City via. the Soccer Schools that Charlton did over the summer which changed my future forever
  • Options
    Massive blow
  • Options
    Would like to see how Sarr or Konsa do Coming in as they're both better on the ball than Pearce, but Pearce is fantastic in the air and at reading the game, he also offers something more that I just can't explain.
  • Options
    Will miss "up to" 10 weeks......that just doesn't make sense?
    Surely Bacon means "could" miss up to 10 weeks.....who knows, he might only be out for a couple of weeks or so.....anyway, let's hope so.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Scoham said:
    Games with? Can't be bothered to figure it out!