Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2017-18

Comments

• Options

I wonder what Allan Lamb is doing nowadays.

Unlike many Saffer's who played for England when their own country was banned Lamby has remained a British citizen and still lives here. Good man.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Nice little program tonight on BT Sport3 10pm, a look at the 1986/7 Ashes series. We started so badly that tour that one of our own journos, Martin Johnson, said "There is only 3 things wrong with this England team; They can't bat, can't bowl and can't field."
    We won the Test series, The Perth Challenge and The World Series Trophy. One of the highlights was Allan Lamb hitting 18 off Bruce Reid in the last over to win an ODI. In those days that was quite a feat. Today it is common practice.
    Hopefully there will more of these teasers from BT Sport before the real stuff starts.

Bit disappointing, too much Blowers and not enough action.
  • Options
    Starts one month tomorrow.
  • Options
    Started earlier this morning. The Ashes, like everything these days is non gender specific. We must treat women's cricket with equal interest and coverage.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Started earlier this morning. The Ashes, like everything these days is non gender specific. We must treat women's cricket with equal interest and coverage.

I agree Riv.

Whats the score?
  • Options
    We lost.
  • Options
    Starts one month from today.
  • Options
    I havnt tried this yet, but my intention is to get BT Sport through my laptop (not sure how at moment, but assume you must be able to), then stream it through HDMI cable onto my TV.
    Anyone else planning to do the same?
  • Options

I havnt tried this yet, but my intention is to get BT Sport through my laptop (not sure how at moment, but assume you must be able to), then stream it through HDMI cable onto my TV.
    Anyone else planning to do the same?

No. It's not going to be a good watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't have bt sport and been quoted £22.99 a month to have it, so I'll be finding an online stream!!
  • Options
    WATCHCRIC.ORG has been successful for me in the past
  • Options
    2-0 now btw...Or 4-0 if you like.
  • Options
    So if England’s problems at opener, 3 and 5 persist they raid the BT boxand play two spinners

Cook and Boycott opening would grind down Starc and co and get to 250 by tea in day two. Cook would be about 210 and Boycs 30 odd having faced 390 balls ( using his favorite stick of rhubarb)Michael Vaughan at his best would be a shoo in at number 3 and definitely speed up the previous run rate. Joe in at 4, Bairstow at 5, Stokes out of jail and in at 6, Gilly gets instant British citizenship for his unfailing sportsmanship comes in at 7, Mo at 8, Swanny at 9, Broad 10 and Anderson 11, Ashes won no problem. I was trying to shoo in Ricky but he’d turn down British citizenship way too Australian
  • Options

So if England’s problems at opener, 3 and 5 persist they raid the BT boxand play two spinners

Cook and Boycott opening would grind down Starc and co and get to 250 by tea in day two. Cook would be about 210 and Boycs 30 odd having faced 390 balls ( using his favorite stick of rhubarb)Michael Vaughan at his best would be a shoo in at number 3 and definitely speed up the previous run rate. Joe in at 4, Bairstow at 5, Stokes out of jail and in at 6, Gilly gets instant British citizenship for his unfailing sportsmanship comes in at 7, Mo at 8, Swanny at 9, Broad 10 and Anderson 11, Ashes won no problem. I was trying to shoo in Ricky but he’d turn down British citizenship way too Australian

No it would need another seamer, 3 isn't enough. Bring Flintoff in for Gilly.
  • Options

Could we raid the Channel comm box & get Greg Chappell to rope in his brothers - they're be handy bowling underarm.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

2-0 now btw...Or 4-0 if you like.

3rd ODI on now on BTSport3. Sluggish start by us after losing an early wicket but making progress now.
  • Options
    124-2 off 23. Sarah Taylor, one of our best bats just gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doing good. 171/2 off 32
  • Options
    Just lost 3 wickets for 9 runs.

BTW the coverage is C9, words and pictures. I'm sure we will have our commentary for the men's but the picture feed will be C9.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    We set Oz a target of 285 which is no mean feat. Ok they got 290+ in the last ODI but they were, like these, runs on the board. Heather Knight chipped in with a good 80+. If Aussie get these runs then hats off to them. We really need to win this or the Ashes are as good as gone.
  • Options
    What's the deal with Stokes?

I saw an article in the NZ papers today with two guys praising him for preventing them from being attacked.
  • Options
    Good win, back to 4-2. Aussies were looking good, but a bit of a collapse and by the looks of it some really good England bowling
  • Options
    Dont want to open a can of worms, but there was a bigt of Twitter outrage yesterday as Moeen didn't wear a poppy for the squad photo.
  • Options

Dont want to open a can of worms, but there was a bigt of Twitter outrage yesterday as Moeen didn't wear a poppy for the squad photo.

not good, but i suppose thats his choice.
  • Options

There is no can, no worms and no issue.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

There is no can, no worms and no issue.
    I agree. But given the way it went in Twitter and the reaction on here to that Irish footballer who doesn't wear the poppy it's very possible it might have been.
  • Options
    The boys are there, 3 weeks to go. Here is a good little appetizer.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09c0j63