Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 18 (The computer game)

Comments

• Options

Started a Managerial Career last night with Stevenage on World Class mode as I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, its definitely harder now as like SDAddick I play a possession type game (Probably not suited to the Stevenage squad which might not be helping) but have been conceding goals for fun... Lost to Grimsby in the League: 5-2 despite going 1-0 up and bringing it back to 2-2, yet on previous versions would never have lost by that sort of scoreline on previous versions.

Might be because I've not used it in previous versions but I've started using the finesse shot rather than anything else and scoring a lot of worldies at the moment which does make it feel a little less realistic (i.e. Would make it harder to score from distance and make it a bit easier to score team passing type goals as they seem impossible at WC Mode)

Travelled to Yeovil for the next game thinking it was a one off match, again dominated yet just couldnt score... Ended up losing 2-0 and now the issues began, that evening went a further 10 GAMES without scoring a goal, the good news was the fact that I'd learnt to defend, the bad news meant every result was coming in 0-0!! - Got to the last game, was losing and just turned the computer off in frustration.
    So Stevenage are a Crystal Palace that can defend?
    Yeah pretty much...
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Fosu in form?

Kane
    Isco
    Alberto
    Brozović
    Fellaini
    De Bruyne
    Yarmolenko
    Ginter
    Maicon
    Meunier
    Patrício
    Coosemans
    Stenzel
    Morrow
    Knasmüllner
    Fosu
    Rooney
    Stefanelli
    Hernández
    Arslan
    Wass
    Hadji
    Andersson

I was surprised by the other players in there, no other silvers! (He's also the fastest overall from what I can tell)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fosu in form?

Kane
    Isco
    Alberto
    Brozović
    Fellaini
    De Bruyne
    Yarmolenko
    Ginter
    Maicon
    Meunier
    Patrício
    Coosemans
    Stenzel
    Morrow
    Knasmüllner
    Fosu
    Rooney
    Stefanelli
    Hernández
    Arslan
    Wass
    Hadji
    Andersson

I was surprised by the other players in there, no other silvers! (He's also the fastest overall from what I can tell)
  • Options
    Credit where credit is due, they just did the first big update. They should give you a list of key updates when you open the game. The biggest one so far is they've made the teams on the radar actually match the fucking colors they're wearing. I was playing as Iceland in white against Turkey in red last night and my guys were black and theirs were white and it was annoying.
  • Options
    They should give you a list of key updates when you open the game.

They did!
  • Options
    Started a player career mode and plonked myself in the charlton midfield, managed to oust forster caskey in pre season. Scored 9 goals in 25 games. Bagged the winner at West Ham in the FA Cup...currently top of the league but its a close run thing with blackburn and MK chasing us.
  • Options
    picked myself up the inform Fosu yesterday, very good for a silver card
  • Options
    Anyone doing Fifa clubs Charlton team
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

They should give you a list of key updates when you open the game.

They did!

Yeah good shout when I saw it my immediate response was "this is a good idea." I don't think the change I mentioned even made the list, but it's always good to show your work and let people know what you're working on.

I've finally figured out how to keep clean sheets: play as Iceland and sit 11 behind the ball.

Also, it seems like long throw ins are better in this game. Or maybe it's because I never used them previously. Whenever we had Josh on to take a long throw in there was no one in the box to throw it to. Still wish I could get the center backs up for long Aaron Gunarsson throws.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Have started a 'legendary difficulty' career mode with Brighton as I wanted the Premier League experience which EA has put quite a bit of effort into. Somehow beat Manchester City 3-0 on the opening day and then I turned it off. Part of me wanted to get destroyed so that it would feel realistic.

But then again maybe I'm just the don at FIFA.

Put the settings on manual and try again.
    OK, I tried this today and can confirm I have been properly put in my place.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    They've added Reeco!!!! But they have him listed at 5'9". Surely he'd closer to 6'2"/3"? @Henry Irving?
  • Options
    I like to buy an aging legend to help my Charlton team out. Any ideas for this season?

Jermaine Defoe is about the only one I can think of now Parker has retired. Probably can't get him.

Is there anyone else I could bring in for their experience?

Previously I have signed Lampard, Gerrard and Parker (I tend to sign any decent ex-Addick to be honest).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

I like to buy an aging legend to help my Charlton team out. Any ideas for this season?

Jermaine Defoe is about the only one I can think of now Parker has retired. Probably can't get him.

Previously I have signed Lampard, Gerrard and Parker (I tend to sign any decent ex-Addick to be honest).

Only one I could think of would be Shelvey. Not aging by any stretch, he's somehow still only 25!

Michael Turner? Don't know of that improves your team though.
  • Options
    I'll struggle to get hold of any Prem players, so that means Shelvey and Arter are probably out of the equation. Once I get into the Championship it'll be easier.

Any former England stars? Is Emile Heskey still going?!
  • Options
    How about Darren Bent @ Derby?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

BWP.
  • Options
    Great shouts. Bent and BWP would be pretty cool to have on the bench, I'll give them a shot.
  • Options
    Simon Church is in the free agents pool....
  • Options
    Ross said:

Simon Church is in the free agents pool....

I did look for him, but I guess 'Spongefoot' didn't show up in the transfer hub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone been playing squad battles on ultimate team?
    very addictive
  • Options

Has anyone been playing squad battles on ultimate team?
    very addictive

Yup, finish in the elite positions every time so far, play most squads on world class but anything higher than 84 on pro and anything lower than 78 on legendary
  • Options
    since the first week i haven't been able to play any games online, frustrating i am on my 2nd season MLS. Journey done, Friday nights games with mates is probably the most i play, shame i need to get my online sorted :(
  • Options
    I have two english teams one silver one gold but i am at the point i have brought everyone i can with the coins i have so might change the gold team to a prem team soon
  • Options

I have two english teams one silver one gold but i am at the point i have brought everyone i can with the coins i have so might change the gold team to a prem team soon

I got lucky in my early packs and sold players on for a healthy profit, team now reads;

Buffon
    Florenzi Chiellini Bonucci Sandro
    Nainggolan Marchisio Pjanic
    Hamsik
    Higuain Mertens

Handanovic
    Miranda, Barzagli, Manolas
    Callejon, Khedira, Bonaventura, Insigne
    Gomez
    Icardi, Belotti

As my second squad.

Much cheaper than premier league players too
  • Options
    Played the demo with my son prior to getting the real thing. We managed about 6 goals between us over about 8 games - no sending offs or dodgy bookings for nothing challenges. This is an improvement, I thought.

I've only managed to get one game in so far on the actual game, Addicks vs Gills. Won 4-3 after extra time despite having 3 sent off for not much at all. So frustrating! Charlton are surprisingly good. Clarke particularly.

Not interested in ultimate team or career mode, but my son is addicted to it. I never play with anyone but Charlton. I'd feel like I would be cheating otherwise
  • Options
    Got two teams in ultimate team but still a work in progress, using career mode to sharpen up with Charlton of course, only lost one game so far, 1-0 away at Gillingham, ffs
  • Options
    I packed lewandowski in what must have been my 2nd pack I think. That got me two very nice teams who I rotate :smile:
  • Options
    My pack luck has been incredible.

I've had Kante twice (including in a gift pack before the game even launched), Neymar and 88 Roberto Carlos

Makes up for years of getting nothing good!

If you play ultimate team, you have to get involved in the squad building challenges. Use Futbin.com to see which are the best value, and get packs for a lot cheaper than buying them.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    This is my team at the moment.

Got lucky with some SBCs early on which meant I could trade up to about 200k. Put everything I had into Morata a couple of weeks ago and then bought everyone back when the prices crashed.

Don't particularly like using Sakho as he's Palace but I think the card looks cool and I got him in the scream SBC so...

Think the Mahrez IF is the next on my list.