Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 18 (The computer game)

Comments

• Options
    I enjoy ultimate team. I don't really get much out of playing the computer and UT gives me something to build towards as opposed to the monotony of playing against the same Man Utd team that everyone chooses on seasons.

I don't spend any real money though, just trade to get more coins.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Mate I have tried that UT thing three years in a row, I never get past the first game. I just have no emotional response to it whatsoever, and anyway, I don't want to get sucked into something that may tempt me to part with more money. £45 a year for FIFA feels like a good deal to me.

Are they all to be separate careers?!

I got into Be A Pro this year, and as much as I enjoyed it, I got to the age of 27 and, despite being the best player in the world, I either had to stay at Spurs or sign for Everton or RB Leipzig. Every fucking transfer window, those were my options.

Also, are you on XB?

Nah those careers aren't all at the same time, and I wish I had the time to play all of them. I usually get 2-3 years in tops before I get bored. I hate the regen players, the graphics are terrible and they're all like awkwardly far too good at 16/7.

Also, I'm on PS4 not Xbox :(
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    SDAddick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Mate I have tried that UT thing three years in a row, I never get past the first game. I just have no emotional response to it whatsoever, and anyway, I don't want to get sucked into something that may tempt me to part with more money. £45 a year for FIFA feels like a good deal to me.

Are they all to be separate careers?!

I got into Be A Pro this year, and as much as I enjoyed it, I got to the age of 27 and, despite being the best player in the world, I either had to stay at Spurs or sign for Everton or RB Leipzig. Every fucking transfer window, those were my options.

Also, are you on XB?

Nah those careers aren't all at the same time, and I wish I had the time to play all of them. I usually get 2-3 years in tops before I get bored. I hate the regen players, the graphics are terrible and they're all like awkwardly far too good at 16/7.

Also, I'm on PS4 not Xbox :(
    I've done some pretty bizarre careers (as a player), I created young Soulemane Adeji and did about 3 seasons as a 66-rated LB before I got bored (scored a total of 2 goals with him, both were insane though).

Then created myself, in my 30s now on the game so a good few seasons - thoroughly, thoroughly average career. Played for a few big clubs in Europe after failing to make the Charlton team as a youth - getting around 10 goals and assists a season, average rating around 7.5 in 'good' seasons. Think I'm completely trophyless despite playing for Dortmund and Juve for a good chunk of my career, and England have been even worse with me in than in real life. Dream is to go out on a high winning Serie A with Juve... Don't back myself to make the next World Cup.
  • Options
    I never used to play FUT, but i do enjoy it from the beginning starting with Bronze players and building up to a decent team. Still play Career mode more, probably play with my friends most fridays thats always my best a bit of 2 on 2 , i have the handicap of my mate who is unpredictable and not the greatest.

I have just finished 2nd season as Valencia, not sure if i 1st or 2nd first season think i got pipped on last game, this one i won and won the champions league :) Signed Mbappe/Werner up front and Spurs Dembele was a beast in the middle, do like signing the youngsters or people less known.

Normally KO with Career and/or journey then go online once i've had a bit of game time. Haven't ordered mine yet was going to Amazon prime but sold out.
  • Options

I never used to play FUT, but i do enjoy it from the beginning starting with Bronze players and building up to a decent team. Still play Career mode more, probably play with my friends most fridays thats always my best a bit of 2 on 2 , i have the handicap of my mate who is unpredictable and not the greatest.

I have just finished 2nd season as Valencia, not sure if i 1st or 2nd first season think i got pipped on last game, this one i won and won the champions league :) Signed Mbappe/Werner up front and Spurs Dembele was a beast in the middle, do like signing the youngsters or people less known.

Normally KO with Career and/or journey then go online once i've had a bit of game time. Haven't ordered mine yet was going to Amazon prime but sold out.

You can get the standard and ronaldo editions on Amazon prime at the moment. Keeps switching between being sold out and available.
  • Options

You can get the standard and ronaldo editions on Amazon prime at the moment. Keeps switching between being sold out and available.
    Thanks Leeds Addick, i shall have a look in a bit. If i ordered the Ronaldo edition wont i get it sooner? I am thinking whether its best to pre-order tesco and pick up at midnight but if i can get sooner i will probably do that.
  • Options

Thanks Leeds Addick, i shall have a look in a bit. If i ordered the Ronaldo edition wont i get it sooner? I am thinking whether its best to pre-order tesco and pick up at midnight but if i can get sooner i will probably do that.
    Ordered my Ronaldo edition today and yeah you're meant to get it earlier on Tuesday.
  • Options

Ordered my Ronaldo edition today and yeah you're meant to get it earlier on Tuesday.
    I might have to do this then, cheers have to get Mum to order as she has prime account :)
  • Options
    Deciding between the standard and Ronaldo edition myself at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ordered Ronaldo one, supposed to come on Tuesday so few extra days :) lets see if comes on time but amazon prime so i should hope so.
  • Options
    I didn't buy this game last year but in previous years the supermarkets, well Sainsbury's, did a £10 voucher to spend in store if you bought the game from them. Does anyone know if that happened last year as I'm thinking I might have to buy it this season.
  • Options
    I'm going to join Twitter just to follow Mendy.
  • Options
    By the way, at least in the PS$ version if you order the "Icon" edition through Fifa 17, you get 10% off, which means it ends up costing the same as the Ronaldo version. I think it comes with extra FUT cards or something, I'm not sure. I ordered it hoping it would allow you to unlock the cool "retro stars" team shown in the advert, Yashin, Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho....Ferdinand. But instead of them being a team like the "Adidas All-Stars" or whatever, I suspect it's a FUT thing.
  • Options
    Do Charlton have the proper kits and ground yet?
  • Options
    agim said:

The Valley won't be in the game unless we get to the Premier League
  • Options
    If anyone is buying game, little trick to get a good deal:
    Use Quidco to get the game through Zavvi. It's £50 for xbox one/PS4
    You will get £15 cashback within 2 weeks so effectively £35.

Not sure if useful but thought I would share.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

agim said:

I heard they've got fratton Park on there now
  • Options
    agim said:

sam3110 said:

agim said:

I heard they've got fratton Park on there now
    Only because one of the main developers was a huge Pompey fan and he passed away after fighting cancer, so they included it in his honour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a game on the PS1 or the PS2 years ago called Premier League Stars. I'm not sure I remember exactly how it played but they had all the Premier League stadia on there - including ours. I remember it was before the North Stand was developed.

From memory the game (even though it was made by EA Sports) was nowhere near as enjoyable as FIFA, but because it has The Valley I loved it and played it for hours. I would love it if they added The Valley to the current game but I'm sure you're right that it will not happen until we get back into the Premier League.

It's a shame they can't allow editing of the Stadia though as I'm sure that a mix and match of various stands would make something similar easy to produce.
  • Options
    Didn't the EFL just become an official partner with the Fifa series? I did think this might be when we get all stadiums on there but I guess it would add a hefty chunk to the download size of the game.
  • Options
    Surely they could just do a DLC for each ground. I'm sure people would pay £9.99 to download their teams ground etc
  • Options
    robroy said:

Surely they could just do a DLC for each ground. I'm sure people would pay £9.99 to download their teams ground etc

You'd need them all downloaded for when you play others online though
  • Options
    robroy said:

How much effort would that take though... i.e. there are 71-Grounds in England alone that would need doing

That would take a huge team of Graphics designers to create to the standard of the rest of the Grounds available
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

agim said:

I first played a footy video game in 1984. 33 years later, I still haven't seen The Valley on a video game. And I fear I never will.

The EFL is not a priority, which is understandable, but I'd pay extra to have our ground in the game!
  • Options
    Ross said:

There is a massive thread on the official FIFA forums about authenticity and the amount of things consistently overlooked.

For example, with regards to stadia, St James Park has had a massive gap between the pitch and the stands which has never been there, Anfield is still missing the new main stand, and Watford nor Stoke have the new parts of their stands added. For a company which is selling the authentic experience, and as an official PL partner, they really aren't living up to that promise.

It can't be hard to add new stadia seeing as they added a whole load of new ones when they did the PL authenticity a couple of years ago. However, this year they've actually lost stadia due to PES and their licenses. They need to refresh the generic stadia, or at least add new ones. They're all very stale now. A stadium creator can't be that hard to add in this day and age.

Then there are other things like the total disregard for career mode for the last 5 years (fixture congestion, the inability to create a manager when they've been doing it for players for Pro Clubs for years, AI team selection and transfers being very poor and predictable, can't upgrade stadia when promoted (which you could do back in 06/07/08), sleeve badges/shirt printing not changing when you are promoted/relegated (simple to do if these are made a separate graphics file from the kits), money not rolling over from previous seasons when you win the league, youth players being annoyed that you don't play them (even though they're 16 and have only just been promoted to the first team) no way to see stats from other leagues or seasons such as top goal scorers etc., unrealistic objectives......I could go on!), and the repetitive commentary from Martin Tyler and Alan Smith that is the same as 5 years ago.

All EA Sports do it bask in the glory of all of the money that they make from Ultimate Team, and roll out the same game year in year out with small cosmetic tweaks and apparent gameplay tweaks which you don't even notice, when a lot of the issues that are being raised are the same issues that have been raised for the past 5/6/7 years which could be easily fixed. The thing is they don't listen to the community on their forums as most of the issues being raised are for game modes which don't make them any money.

That said, I'll still be buying it as I can't stand PES.

Agree with a lot of this.

Didn't realise that they've not updated those PL grounds. Would love to know their excuse for that.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

sam3110 said:

agim said:

I first played a footy video game in 1984. 33 years later, I still haven't seen The Valley on a video game. And I fear I never will.

The EFL is not a priority, which is understandable, but I'd pay extra to have our ground in the game!
    Does that mean your username/ persona is incorrect Jimmy. so you played before you were born? impressive lol

We just have to wait until we get to Premiership so might be a while yet ;)