Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

Well e-CAFC enjoy Athens while you can. In 18 months you will be spending several days queuing at Customs having paid 25% more for your holiday as the government has yet to recruit and train airport security staff despite media reports they are already under-resourced. Ditto Ebsfleet, Harwich, Dover etc haven't planned for the extra time for customs tarrif paperwork. M20 car park. Who is going to pay for the agricultural subsidies our landed gentry currently receive? EU currently vet imports from outside. Are we now hiring and training our own or will we just let any goods in until people die from shoddy products. What is the true cost of No Deal? Trade deal with USA looks unlikely given Boeing issue. As long as Amazon, Apple, e-Bay etc can pay peanuts in C Tax it will be a one way street as Trump has promised to protect US industry. EU are trying to pursue tax evasion but UK was absent from countries wanting Swiss transparency on bank accounts.

@seth plum will still, in my opinion be the worst of them all
  • Options

In 18 months you will be spending several days queuing at Customs having paid 25% more for your holiday as the government has yet to recruit and train airport security staff despite media reports they are already under-resourced.

What if there is a entry line that says " UK passports only" ?
    It will be quicker than all the UK entry points that I have experienced in the last few years.

Yes, they are already under resourced (and we are still in the EU), so no change there then.

If the EU are not going to trade with us, then that's the M20 cleared of all the trucks for a start.

The Boeing issue is just a ploy for them to make a bid for Bombardier (IMO).

How long have those big corporations been avoiding tax through Lichtenstein/Lux etc ? - we get a Brexit vote and suddenly the EU goes all tax efficient. Could it be that they will need the dosh soon, as we won't be filling the coffers for them?

We have been outside the EU before, so we have had to deal with all the issues you raise.

What - in France, Italy or Portugal? Doubt it, but it might happen. :wink: I expect Boris to be telling you that any minute now...
    There were 2 hour queues at Barcelona airport this Summer.
    So no change there.
  • Options

In 18 months you will be spending several days queuing at Customs having paid 25% more for your holiday as the government has yet to recruit and train airport security staff despite media reports they are already under-resourced.

It will be quicker than all the UK entry points that I have experienced in the last few years.

Yes, they are already under resourced (and we are still in the EU), so no change there then.

If the EU are not going to trade with us, then that's the M20 cleared of all the trucks for a start.

How long have those big corporations been avoiding tax through Lichtenstein/Lux etc ? - we get a Brexit vote and suddenly the EU goes all tax efficient. Could it be that they will need the dosh soon, as we won't be filling the coffers for them?

We have been outside the EU before, so we have had to deal with all the issues you raise.

What - in France, Italy or Portugal? Doubt it, but it might happen. :wink: I expect Boris to be telling you that any minute now...
    So no change there.
  • Options
    Not sure if you'll be able to read this, but yet again, Anthony Hilton of the Standard is bang on the money.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Not sure if you'll be able to read this, but yet again, Anthony Hilton of the Standard is bang on the money.

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/brexit-misery-proves-fallacy-of-free-markets-a3651371.html
  • Options

So no change there.
    Ok then - my usual question.
    Shall we cancel Brexit so that we don't have to queue so long at (e.g.) Poitiers airport ?
    (I have used it many times - there is one guy for passports in one booth).
  • Options
    Well this is awkward - the US is opposing an EU-UK deal on agricultural import quotas post-Brexit.

https://www.ft.com/content/92bb5636-a95b-11e7-ab55-27219df83c97?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6
  • Options

So no change there.
    Shall we cancel Brexit so that we don't have to queue so long at (e.g.) Poitiers airport ?
    One of many, many, many reasons for cancelling Brexit, yes.
  • Options

So no change there.
    And what shall we tell the majority that voted for it ?
  • Options
    What shall we tell the 2 thirds who didn't vote for it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So no change there.
    And what shall we tell the majority that voted for it on the basis that we would remain in the single market, customs union, and the NHS would get £350m a week?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

What shall we tell the 2 thirds who didn't vote for it?

About half of them to get of their backsides next time & vote :wink:
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

So no change there.
    And what shall we tell the majority that voted for it on the basis that we would remain in the single market, customs union, and the NHS would get £350m a week?
    Who said we were staying "in" anything if we voted "leave".
    As for the £350m - who knows what the exact figure is ?
  • Options
    £350m is tax breaks for Not Hoipoloi Suckers.
  • Options
    £350m is tax breaks for Not Hoipoloi Suckers.
  • Options
    This is my best ever thread!

It’s turning into the “Bridge over Troubled Waters” for time spent in the charts and it was only meant to be a joke.

And there’s another by the Bee Gees

“ I started a joke that started the whole world laughing but I couldn’t see that the joke was on me”

or something like that.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.
    These guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGt3QmRSZY

• Options
    edited October 2017

Fiiish said:

So no change there.
    This bloke claims he does - just said it again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-repeats-false-350-11181716

When you are in a hole...

• Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Paper that was a remoaner...
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-statistics-authority-boss-disappointed-at-boris-johnsons-350m-nhs-claim-11040516

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/17/boris-johnson-slapped-down-by-statistics-chief-over-fresh-350m-c/

https://www.rt.com/uk/403618-johnson-brexit-statistics-claim/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892268/The-BBC-accuses-Boris-LYING-350m-Brexit-claim.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4484553/bbc-accuses-boris-johnson-of-misleading-public-when-he-says-we-can-spend-350m-more-per-week-on-the-nhs-after-brexit/

Is there enough room for both of you in that hole :lol: ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.
    These guys...

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Perhaps he is right after all ?

We are a net contributor to the EU, so there is no doubt that the figure is bigger than zero, but like all things Brexit, who knows exactly what.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-statistics-authority-boss-disappointed-at-boris-johnsons-350m-nhs-claim-11040516

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/17/boris-johnson-slapped-down-by-statistics-chief-over-fresh-350m-c/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892268/The-BBC-accuses-Boris-LYING-350m-Brexit-claim.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4484553/bbc-accuses-boris-johnson-of-misleading-public-when-he-says-we-can-spend-350m-more-per-week-on-the-nhs-after-brexit/

Sure... I never ever mentioned the 350million...i am more concerned with the 900 billion euros that gets defrauded every year and the tax fiddles that are done and the eu does naff all about it.... Now that could build a few hospitals... One for each of us... Keep reading tabloid junk.
  • Options
    Well they have had a go at Amazon this week :)
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Sure... I never ever mentioned the 350million...i am more concerned with the 900 billion euros that gets defrauded every year and the tax fiddles that are done and the eu does naff all about it.... Now that could build a few hospitals... One for each of us... Keep reading tabloid junk.
    Keep digging...
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.
    These guys...

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Perhaps he is right after all ?

We are a net contributor to the EU, so there is no doubt that the figure is bigger than zero, but like all things Brexit, who knows exactly what.
    We know it is not €350million.
  • Options
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

I wonder who it was who said that?
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Keep digging...
    After you...
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Keep digging...
    After you...
    Poor effort.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

So no change there.

Keep digging...
    After you...
    Poor effort.
    Ditto
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!