Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

Just back from a little Fjordland jolly in Norway.
    Clever people the Norwegians their Sovereign Fund from oil revenues now accounts to 1.5m euros per Norwegian and used on infrastructure such as tunnels and road improvements and retained for when reserve in oil run out.

So I think what's good for the Norwegians is fine by me.

Also our tour guides were Belgian Dutch and Italian. All the local Norwegians are making a bundle out of hydro electric power. Yes they have water too in abundance.

We should have let them rape and pillage a little more.

Or maybe when we had oil we should have invested in a sovereign fund rather than squandering the benefits on tax cuts for the rich.
    A practice carried out by labour and tories alike depending on how you define rich.

One could argue it was "squandered on benefits" as well.

But the point is the Uk has lacked central ground consensus politics. It drifts from one extreme to the other and looks set to do so in the near future. No blame attached to the EU on this one.
    Some progress, we are all on board that UK government fucked this up and that it's nothing to do with the EU
  • Options

Clever people the Norwegians their Sovereign Fund from oil revenues now accounts to 1.5m euros per Norwegian and used on infrastructure such as tunnels and road improvements and retained for when reserve in oil run out.

Also our tour guides were Belgian Dutch and Italian. All the local Norwegians are making a bundle out of hydro electric power. Yes they have water too in abundance.

Or maybe when we had oil we should have invested in a sovereign fund rather than squandering the benefits on tax cuts for the rich.
    A practice carried out by labour and tories alike depending on how you define rich.

But the point is the Uk has lacked central ground consensus politics. It drifts from one extreme to the other and looks set to do so in the near future. No blame attached to the EU on this one.
    Some progress, we are all on board that UK government fucked this up and that it's nothing to do with the EU
    Can't blame the EU for everything. If we leave the EU who will we blame then?
  • Options

Can't blame the EU for everything. If we leave the EU who will we blame then?
    NATO possibly?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So part of this is making plans for a no deal brexit.

Stockpiling food.

Why is it a secret plan.
    Seriously, why a secret? Is there anybody in the known universe that can explain why stockpiling processed food in preparation for a no deal brexit would need to be a 'secret'?

And.

Presumably stockpiling medicines.
    A huge security presence on the land border in Ireland.
    Manston airport and the M20/M2 being sorted for the tailbacks.
    New air routes being created to avoid the airspace of the countries we have separated from without a deal.
    No sharing of security information.
    The forced repatriation of UK and EU citizens all over the gaff.....and so on.
    This is not project fear, it is project prepare.

No deal is better than a bad deal brexiters say.
    Then look at the practical realities of your no deal in the face and explain how it is going to work out.

Brexit won, and brexit voters knew what they were voting for.

Does this mean a possible short of Pot Noodles?
  • Options
    Is this for real or what ? If it is are those who ridiculed the warnings as project fear going to apologise?
  • Options
    I'll say it again about this shower.
    No government is better than a bad government.
  • Options
    Just hope that some of you hysterical girls don't live in town houses and forget what floor you are on come 9 o clock.
  • Options
    But then again your likely to be happy should England lose.
  • Options

What the actual fuck?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Indeed that's what i say, there your mates sadly. If we make it and play france... Job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Speaking from my own perspective, I've got France in the office sweep, so....
  • Options

Stig said:

Indeed that's what i say, there your mates sadly. If we make it and play france... Job done.
    Again, wtaf?
  • Options

Me too. I'll be very happy with the runners up prize!
  • Options

Lol i have England.... But course always back my homeland anyway... Patriot.
  • Options
    #tryingtoohard

Let's just all have a break and get behind the team for a couple of hours eh?

• Options

#tryingtoohard

Agreed... And lets get behind the country.
  • Options

#tryingtoohard

Surely Teresa and her cabinet have longer than that?
  • Options

Stig said:

And in English ?

• Options
    This thread is gonna get reeeeal good for the next day or two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Stig said:

I think this watered down proposal by May has hit you quite hard chippy. You’re talking even more bollocks than usual
    Ditto me old china...
  • Options

Lol i have England.... But course always back my homeland anyway... Patriot.
    It’s not a problem but are you retarded ?

Creepy
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    If I was a Brexiter - even a hard Brexiter I would be happy for a softer Brexit now. It would be a position to build on - why everything has to be done so quickly bemuses me. Speed is often the enemy of doing things properly. Anyway, If I was a Brexiter I would be looking at it in steps.

The demands for a Hard Brexit where there is absolutely no evidence that is what the majority of the public want will only make Brexit less likely.
  • Options
    There may be a case for a hard no deal of any kind brexit immediately, so we have a mega chite storm right now rather than suffer with the runs for years.
    I would love to see Rees Mogg handing out the rationed baked beans, dragging an 87 year old Greek Grandmother on to a repatriation plane, or manning a machine gun nest on the Irish Border.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There may be a case for a hard no deal of any kind brexit immediately, so we have a mega chite storm right now rather than suffer with the runs for years.
    I would love to see Rees Mogg handing out the rationed baked beans, dragging an 87 year old Greek Grandmother on to a repatriation plane, or manning a machine gun nest on the Irish Border.

If I wasn't British I'd love to see Farage, Moggy and Bojo taking Britain through Brexit so they could demonstrate what wonderful politicians they are. I'm sure it would be a fantastic success...

• Options

If I was a Brexiter - even a hard Brexiter I would be happy for a softer Brexit now. It would be a position to build on - why everything has to be done so quickly bemuses me. Speed is often the enemy of doing things properly. Anyway, If I was a Brexiter I would be looking at it in steps.

The demands for a Hard Brexit where there is absolutely no evidence that is what the majority of the public want will only make Brexit less likely.

EU tax evasion regulations come in to force next year?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Even more shocking that he is admired by working class Brexit voters for 'saying it like it is'. All just a big con.

Something like the Dunning-Kruger effect, maybe
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!