Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

Quite amazing that during The Championship Play Off Final, people would still rather row on this thread.

I can't watch any play offs - too painful. looking forward to the Champions League though!
  • Options

Quite amazing that during The Championship Play Off Final, people would still rather row on this thread.

I can't watch any play offs - too painful. looking forward to the Champions League though!
    I can't watch the play-offs either, but I'm busy watching Pro14 rugby (As Gaeilge) on TG4...
  • Options

Fuckin unbelievable I agree
    Me too black. Some of these would find someone to argue with in an empty room.
  • Options

Great isn't it. Apart from Southbank fighting the leave corner it's just a circle jerk for the rest.

CL final now, expect it to continue.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Stig said:

You don't have to be bloody clever or even just ordinarily clever to work it out (not that I'm suggesting that Rinse8 isn't).

Would they be the older and less educated people who have spent their lives working and paying taxes to pay for the education of young better educated people?

Obviously they should be grateful they were even allowed to vote.
    None of you 'young' Remainers prepared to respond to this, funny eh.
    Yes and No.

Now you go back and respond to the many times others have pulled you up on ridiculous claims and statements you have made and then not followed up when challenged.
    Like what?
    "This is not my opinion. Do your own research if you disbelieve me."
  • Options

Does the concept of irony not exist in gammon world? :lol:
  • Options
    Watching Andrew Marr - Rees Mogg scares me. What is this complete loon doing anywhere near governing this country?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Watching Andrew Marr - Rees Mogg scares me. What is this complete loon doing anywhere near governing this country?

He said article 24 on the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade with the WTO solves the border problem.
    I am afraid he is wrong. He is like a tax Lawyer or an accountant looking for a loophole. At the very best interpretation of said article it is an elaborate way of kicking a can down the road, but ultimately the hard border (against the GFA) will have to come. He further obfuscated things by mentioning Turkey, again a border situation in Ireland as with Turkey will go against the Good Friday Agreement.
    Rees Mogg has a certain demeanour which has a somewhat winning quality, but he is also not as straight as he likes to think. He starts by saying that it is his clients not him that benefit from the foreign investments his company advises, but then admits his own gain is of a 'secondary' form.
    Secondary enough to buy a 5 million pound property in Westminster.
    I don't know why he doesn't simply say that he has a legitimate investment advisory company that does not invest in the UK, and he makes a shed load of money out of it.
    His schtik is to give the impression of authority over detail, hoping others won't check thoroughly enough to pin him down, he will soon meet his nemesis.
    Finally enough for some reason I don't find him as vile as some other Tory scum like Boris Johnson. You kind of know where you are with Tories like Rees Mogg or Anna Soubry.
  • Options

Gammon world??? I always thought you were an adult.

Learn something new everyday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

He said article 24 on the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade with the WTO solves the border problem.
    I am afraid he is wrong. He is like a tax Lawyer or an accountant looking for a loophole. At the very best interpretation of said article it is an elaborate way of kicking a can down the road, but ultimately the hard border (against the GFA) will have to come. He further obfuscated things by mentioning Turkey, again a border situation in Ireland as with Turkey will go against the Good Friday Agreement.
    Rees Mogg has a certain demeanour which has a somewhat winning quality, but he is also not as straight as he likes to think. He starts by saying that it is his clients not him that benefit from the foreign investments his company advises, but then admits his own gain is of a 'secondary' form.
    I don't know why he doesn't simply say that he has a legitimate investment advisory company that does not invest in the UK, and he make a shed load of money out of it.
    His schtik is to give the impression of authority over detail, hoping others won't check thoroughly enough to pin him down, he will soon meet his nemesis.
    Finally enough for some reason I don't find him as vile as some other Tory scum like Boris Johnson. You kind of know where you are with Tories like Rees Mogg or Anna Soubry.
    Anyone who thinks that rape victims should be forced to give birth to any child that results from that rape is quite vile enough for me, Seth.
  • Options

Gammon world??? I always thought you were an adult.

Learn something new everyday.
    No not me mate, tried it, didn't like it... :smiley:
  • Options

seth plum said:

I don't know why he doesn't simply say that he has a legitimate investment advisory company that does not invest in the UK, and he make a shed load of money out of it.
    Anyone who thinks that rape victims should be forced to give birth to any child that results from that rape is quite vile enough for me, Seth.
    Yeah I know what you mean. At least he is up front with those views. Boris Johnson is a slippery chameleon like vile Tory and that is what I was getting at.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Yeah I know what you mean. At least he is up front with those views. Boris Johnson is a slippery chameleon like vile Tory and that is what I was getting at.
    Yes - very much so. Was out with a couple of Tory friends last night and even they can't abide the man.
  • Options

Anyway, here's a bloke whose business is going up the Swanee unless this shit storm is sorted. Have a chuckle at his life.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/the-van-driver-being-put-out-of-business-by-brexit/

A follow up to this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5775771/Were-road-Car-mageddon-hard-Brexit-drive-industry-ruin.html
  • Options
    David Davis and Michel Barnier are currently at loggerheads on the future trade relationship the UK and EU should have with Brussels deliberately trying to frustrate the leave prcoess.
    However, Steve Peers, from the think tank UK in a Changing Europe, has warned even after the UK is freed from the elitist bloc and the two negotiating partners finalise a trade agreement, the WTO may intervene and demand changes to the deal.
    Speaking to journalists including Express.co.uk, he said: “Whatever relationship the UK has with the European Union, there could be some legal challenges within the WTO disputes settlement system brought by members other than the UK and the EU.
    “It’s what both sides are keeping in mind during the negotiations.
    “Whether it’s a customs union or a free trade area, there could be arguments about what exactly those mean.
    “The EU has lost several of those cases when challenged by WTO members.”
    Mr Peers said the fact Brussels had previously lost cases in the disputes settlement system “may be why the EU is possibly cautious” when defining the exact relationship shared between the UK and the EU27 post Brexit.
    Like most countries around the world, the EU and the UK are members of the WTO and are therefore forced to abide by their trading rules.
    According to bizarre WTO rules, a customs union means countries cannot normally discriminate between their trading partners.
    Therefore any trade benefits offered to those who have signed the deal must also be offered to trade partners who are not a part of the deal.
    The academic continued: “A free trade area, according to WTO law, means you have to only abolish trade barriers on virtually all trading goods between the UK and the EU.
    “But a customs union goes further, it also has substantially the same rules on trade with all of the non-partners to that treaty.”
    The UK officially leaves the EU in March 2019 and major progress in negotiations expected to have been made by next month’s EU summit.
    Fear of a WTO dispute on the agreement puts extra pressure on the negotiating partners to come to an agreement as soon as possible.
    But failure to agree on issues such as the Northern Ireland border means it is unlikely any substantial progress will have been made before the important Brussels meeting in June.
    Dan Falvey –Sunday Express 27/05/18

As an aside - I love the Express' term "elitist". In early 2016 they were warning us that any old Tom, Dick or Harry could join and we were going to be flooded with Islamic nutcases...
  • Options

Anyway, here's a bloke whose business is going up the Swanee unless this shit storm is sorted. Have a chuckle at his life.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/the-van-driver-being-put-out-of-business-by-brexit/

A follow up to this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5775771/Were-road-Car-mageddon-hard-Brexit-drive-industry-ruin.html
    More worrying is the comments below this piece. They don’t understand what they, (might), have just read.
  • Options

More worrying is the comments below this piece. They don’t understand what they, (might), have just read.
    Sounds familiar... :wink:
  • Options

The level of delusion in those comments is astounding
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Delusional morons. Soon the list of synonyms for Moron and idiot in The Oxford English Dictionary will be updated to include "Brexit voter".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

Delusional morons. Soon the list of synonyms for Moron and idiot in The Oxford English Dictionary will be updated to include "Brexit voter".
    As much as I understand and share the frustration with what's happening, I'm not really convinced that comments like this are conducive to discussion. Can we try to be a little less accusatory please.
  • Options
    Stig said:

McBobbin said:

As much as I understand and share the frustration with what's happening, I'm not really convinced that comments like this are conducive to discussion. Can we try to be a little less accusatory please.
    The time when we could pretend we might have a rational debate with Brexit voters about the catastrophic disaster they have inflicted on this country has passed. The evidence and facts are there for everyone to see. Anyone who believes the earth is flat or refutes the theory of evolution is an idiot. It is pointless to debate with people who hold these views. They should simply be held up for redicule. And it is exactly the same with people who continue to defend their Brexit vote.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

I don't know why he doesn't simply say that he has a legitimate investment advisory company that does not invest in the UK, and he makes a shed load of money out of it.
    I don't think Anna Soubry will be too pleased to be lumped in with that to**er. My jaw hit the floor when he was talking about his secondary gain. I mean seriously! I felt my intelligence was being insulted and I would be surprised if Andrew Marr didn't feel even more so after that interview! If you talk complete rubbish in a posh voice using words that nobody has heard of, it remains rubbish.
  • Options

Stig said:

McBobbin said:

They should simply be held up for redicule. And it is exactly the same with people who continue to defend their Brexit vote.
    Ridicule.
  • Options

Stig said:

McBobbin said:

They should simply be held up for redicule. And it is exactly the same with people who continue to defend their Brexit vote.
    Ridicule.
    That's why you should never take the piss out of someone else's spelling and grammar. Only a fool does otherwise.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Stig said:

McBobbin said:

Ridicule.
    That's why you should never take the piss out of someone else's spelling and grammar. Only a fool does otherwise.
    You heard it here first. As Chippy points out, if you don't take the piss out of other people's spelling and grammar, you're a fool.
    Indeed. The cap obviously fits you.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Stig said:

McBobbin said:

Ridicule.
    You heard it here first. As Chippy points out, if you don't take the piss out of other people's spelling and grammar, you're a fool.
    Anyway where's your other half. He hasn't been seen for a while.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Stig said:

McBobbin said:

Ridicule.
    Anyway where's your other half. He hasn't been seen for a while.
    Were waiting....
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Great isn't it. Apart from Southbank fighting the leave corner it's just a circle jerk for the rest.

CL final now, expect it to continue.
    Still waiting for #tribbles to tell you off for that inflammatory remark Polo... :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!