Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Senior Cup - 2017/18 Season

Comments

• edited September 2017

Copied from another Welling thread.....

We were bang average last night with most of the senior pros strolling round like they really would rather have been doing something else. Only Sarr looked decent. In fact I wouldnlike to get him in the team - he looks imperious at the moment and I'd be tempted to rotate him for Bauer.

Yao looked hopeless and did nothing other than give the ball away and start a ridiculous scuffle over a nothing tackle. One particularly poor pass had Robinson laughing and shaking his head.

Dodoo looked lost. The fact he is our only senior back-up striker is an utter joke. If Magennis gets injured we have a huge problem because make no mistake this kid is useless.

Don't think we'll be seeing Jackson in midfield anytime soon. His passing was appalling and Nanetti the Welling number 10 gave him the run around all night.

Only real hi-light was a lovely strike from Sarr for the goal.

Watched the U23s last season in this cup and the current lot look a shadow of that side.

Finally, WTF are we doing indulging Roger Johnson? The bloke is a class a prick and was booked for mouthing the ref last night. I'm sure he has something on Katrine.

To back Clem up on one of his comments, as well as his lovely strike, Sarr won everything in the air, showed a great turn of pace when he needed to, and his passing was as good as, if not better, than anyone else playing for Charlton last night.

And, I think it's fair to say, a better attitude than most on the pitch in a Charlton shirt...
  • Headed to Welling straight after work and arrived as the first half was ending. Offered to pay full price to come in and the steward said no. He said there was a health and safety issue, a fire issue and if he did it for me he would have to do it for everyone. There was no one else within sight. Later on he did however let in 4 other people, who claimed they were with Charlton. This was hardly a Arsenal v Cologne situation. The attendance was only 154. Last time i go to Welling fc.

Give some people a fluorescent jacket or tabard and they turn into Adolf Hitler
  • Copied from another Welling thread.....

We were bang average last night with most of the senior pros strolling round like they really would rather have been doing something else. Only Sarr looked decent. In fact I wouldnlike to get him in the team - he looks imperious at the moment and I'd be tempted to rotate him for Bauer.

Yao looked hopeless and did nothing other than give the ball away and start a ridiculous scuffle over a nothing tackle. One particularly poor pass had Robinson laughing and shaking his head.

Dodoo looked lost. The fact he is our only senior back-up striker is an utter joke. If Magennis gets injured we have a huge problem because make no mistake this kid is useless.

Don't think we'll be seeing Jackson in midfield anytime soon. His passing was appalling and Nanetti the Welling number 10 gave him the run around all night.

Only real hi-light was a lovely strike from Sarr for the goal.

Watched the U23s last season in this cup and the current lot look a shadow of that side.

Finally, WTF are we doing indulging Roger Johnson? The bloke is a class a prick and was booked for mouthing the ref last night. I'm sure he has something on Katrine.

To back Clem up on one of his comments, as well as his lovely strike, Sarr won everything in the air, showed a great turn of pace when he needed to, and his passing was as good as, if not better, than anyone else playing for Charlton last night.

And, I think it's fair to say, a better attitude than most on the pitch in a Charlton shirt...
    Maybe we could play him in midfield, and push JFC up to a more attacking role?
  • Headed to Welling straight after work and arrived as the first half was ending. Offered to pay full price to come in and the steward said no. He said there was a health and safety issue, a fire issue and if he did it for me he would have to do it for everyone. There was no one else within sight. Later on he did however let in 4 other people, who claimed they were with Charlton. This was hardly a Arsenal v Cologne situation. The attendance was only 154. Last time i go to Welling fc.

Whilst that sucks that reminds me of going to the Valley once long time ago, we were in the Premier i think. We had a cup game midweek and me and my mates had drove back from Newquay in 2 cars and all decided we shall try and catch the Charlton game, not sure why as i was the only charlton fan.

We got stuck in so much traffic the whole way and by the time we got to the Valley and parked up it was around half time, we offered to pay and they wouldn't let us in. To this day now they dont like Charlton even though they used to always not mind us before :(
  • LenGlover said:

Headed to Welling straight after work and arrived as the first half was ending. Offered to pay full price to come in and the steward said no. He said there was a health and safety issue, a fire issue and if he did it for me he would have to do it for everyone. There was no one else within sight. Later on he did however let in 4 other people, who claimed they were with Charlton. This was hardly a Arsenal v Cologne situation. The attendance was only 154. Last time i go to Welling fc.

Give some people a fluorescent jacket or tabard and they turn into Adolf Hitler
    Thick as pig shit as well. These blokes are on minimum wage. Surely you'd just say slip us a tenner and you're in. Muppets!
  • Do we know who the next round will be against? Thanks.
  • RedPanda said:

Do we know who the next round will be against? Thanks.

FC Cologne
  • we are playing the Staprix NV works team, they have a midfield General and a lady goalkeeper, both on 10 year contracts

I would have asked for an explanation of what the Health & Safety Issue could possibly be.
  • Sponsored links:

• I did ask, this is the answer-" We need to know exactly how many people are in the stadium, in case we have to evacuate." I know it is beyond belief.
  • I did ask, this is the answer-" We need to know exactly how many people are in the stadium, in case we have to evacuate." I know it is beyond belief.

I'd have said fair enough, just add my +1 to your list, now let me in.
  • edited September 2017

Nice trip to Hayes Lane for we Bromley Addicks.

• Nice local one again.
  • Is there a date for this, seeing as I am in Bromley for work
  • Kap10 said:

Is there a date for this, seeing as I am in Bromley for work

Wednesday 6th December, 2017 - 7:45pm
  • Rescheduled KSC game tomorrow...

Damn and blast it..I doubt I'm going to be able to make that :(

Damn and blast it..I doubt I'm going to be able to make that :(
    Get your xmas presents after ;)
  • I will be there..
  • Sponsored links:

• Was gonna go but £10 for an under 23 game is to much for me
  • Anyone know what sort of team Jason is putting out?

Cray are going to be pretty much full on U23's - busy Christmas period so they are resting up and concentrating on the league rightly enough. Could be a show from our boys, Cray's U23 aren't quite so talented......
  • I imagine that we'll play an U18 side as most of the U23s will be saved for the first team on Saturday.
  • I think it is time to recall Charles-Cook.
  • Another, or the same?, Trialist.

Other than Philips almost an U18 side
  • Probably the same one
  • Step up for Blumberg as captain
  • Ryan Blumberg is captain material. However to have credibility as such you need a high and consistent level of personal performance, he realises that.