Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options

What is the difference between Chrystal Palarse and a pencil :wink:

Do you mean broken pencil ?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I just think we spend too much energy denigrating anything Palace rather than worrying about our own problems.It might be the only thing that currently brightens up a dark life, but ffs who really cares, feck em.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I just think we spend too much energy denigrating anything Palace rather than worrying about our own problems.It might be the only thing that currently brightens up a dark life, but ffs who really cares, feck em.

This thread cares.

Worrying about our problems is like a man who has just had his hand cut off worrying about wether Amazon Prime will cancel that order for gloves he clicked "buy" on...
  • Options
    unfortunately theres a few teams that are just as bad as them, granted i dont expect them to get anything out of the next 2 but then i cant see the others around them winning.
  • Options
    When I look at Palace and their current situation I dont look at the current gulf in class between the two clubs as know that we've had our "turn" in the Premier League and know that someday we will get another bash at the top flight so the fact they're where they are and we are down in League One doesnt really bother me for that reason.

What I love is the current plight that Palace are in... At the moment they're romping away with a record that'll become harder and harder to beat the longer they take to score and eventually thats something that'll become difficult for any club to take away from them. Its like that Derby season in the Premier League a few years ago, they finished on 11-pts (?) yet if Palace or anyone else manage to beat it, they'll surely be stuck with the tag of "worst ever Premier League team" FOREVER!!
  • Options
    According to SSN,awaiting results of a knee scan on Benteke. Their only striker. Could be out for a while. That will help.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hodgson has arranged a behind closed doors match v Bromley to prepare his side for Saturdays match against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

It should be a walkover. After all, Bromley have scored 18 times this season Palace have scored 0 (zero, none, nil, ziltch).

I know it's really unlikely but it couldn't happen could it :0)))

• Options

Feck 'em when they win.

When they lose, so consistently and so embarrassingly then just keep up the constant pick pick picking at this abomination of a real football club.

Loving every MOTD for the first time in years and cannot wait for their games against Newcastle and West Ham, which they simply must get some points on the board.

• Options
    feck me, whoever they stuck 4 past must have been really shit. Sunderland maybe?

• Options

feck me, whoever they stuck 4 past must have been really shit. Sunderland maybe?

Hull wasn't it - confirmed their relegation and Palace's safety. So in answer to your question, yes it was someone really shit, they're currently 17th in the Championship.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Hull wasn't it - confirmed their relegation and Palace's safety. So in answer to your question, yes it was someone really shit, they're currently 17th in the Championship.
    Hull last season were pretty good but lost their manager and most of their best players. Sunderland are now bottom 3...

A good win for Brighton yesterday, now 7 points clear of Palace, while Hudders and Newcastle are now 9 points clear, those gaps could be crucial as the season progresses
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

But better than us.

• Options

MrLargo said:

Hull last season were pretty good but lost their manager and most of their best players. Sunderland are now bottom 3...

A good win for Brighton yesterday, now 7 points clear of Palace, while Hudders and Newcastle are now 9 points clear, those gaps could be crucial as the season progresses
    Were they?

Lost 22 out of 38 games, conceded 80 goals and only got 34 points.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

But better than us.

• Options
    The are only 4 points away from Safety!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

MrLargo said:

Were they?

Lost 22 out of 38 games, conceded 80 goals and only got 34 points.
    They pissed around with Managers though didnt they... i.e. Steve Bruce had resigned in the summer and Mike Phelan was given the job yet other than a surprising start (won first two games), they only won a single game between August and January (which came in November).

Marco Silva then took over in January and managed to win six more games between then and the rest of the season despite having lost Jake Livermore and Robert Snodgrass right at the end of the January Transfer Window... Along with Swansea they both looked like surviving at the expense of Palace at the end of last season yet then Palace pulled those fluke results out of the bag which combined with Hull losing 4-0 to Palace which was easily Silva's worst performance at Hull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That should change in the next two games. Although the others immediately above them seem to want to make a game of it.
  • Options

Effectively 5 with the GD but Jimmy is right, bit ridiculous talking about points from safety when there's 30+ games still to play.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The current table isn't the point. They are not 4 points from safety when there's 32 games to go. At least wait until the teams have played each other once each.

They had 38 games to get about 35 points. Now they have 32 games to get to that total. And they haven't scored a goal. This is a brilliant start. I want us to keep enjoying it, but I can't handle the "they are only XX points from safety!" for the next 7 months!

Just trying to save you from the inevitable disappointment you'll suffer when they slide their way out of it , this all feels deja vu but a lot earlier in the season than last year
  • Options
    Bournemouth have played Man City, Arsenal and Everton. West Ham had to go away from home for the first three games. Leicester have played Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. The table isn't showing us anything particularly meaningful in the context of the relegation-threatened teams.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

But better than us.

• Options

Effectively 5 with the GD but Jimmy is right, bit ridiculous talking about points from safety when there's 30+ games still to play.
    My point is it is ridiculous to get too carried away as despite a horrendous start, they are only possibly a win and a draw outside the relegation zone. I would love them to go down as much as the next Charlton fan!
  • Options

My point is it is ridiculous to get too carried away as despite a horrendous start, they are only possibly a win and a draw outside the relegation zone. I would love them to go down as much as the next Charlton fan!
    But that's just it Muttley - they're not 4 points away from getting out of the relegation zone.

They're (roughly) 35 points away. STILL.